It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect- Butterball Turkeys Have Never Had A Pop Up Timer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: MissSmartypants

They are trying to erase our memory because they know if you followed that
pop up timer your turkey was drier than grandmas...........nevermind

Well, at least we knew it was done....and as for that grandma thing.....ewww.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Whatttttt?

I used to get Butterballs because they had that pop-up thing. I used to buy those back when I wasn't the competent chef I am now. I needed those pop-up things.

Very strange indeed.

I think they can say they never had a pop up timer because they never popped up.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Somewhere out there is a dimension where families are getting ready to gather round large tables with Stouffer's stuffing and a Butterball turkey with the pop-up tab.

Good one...funny and spooky.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: JAGStorm

They are trying to erase our memory because they know if you followed that
pop up timer your turkey was drier than grandmas...........nevermind

Yes, they are notoriously unreliable.

This is very true.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Whatttttt?

I used to get Butterballs because they had that pop-up thing. I used to buy those back when I wasn't the competent chef I am now. I needed those pop-up things.

Very strange indeed.

I think they can say they never had a pop up timer because they never popped up.

That's a good one too.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I come from a timeline where we don't eat Turkeys on Thanksgiving.

This is going to be an interesting Thursday for me....

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I cannot recall the timer being in butterball but i did find it interesting in a quick query on who invented the popup turkey timer that a lot of people seem to have invented this gadget.

ETA: fwiw i generally only buy the turkey breasts and smoke them. Its probably been 10 years since i cooked a whole turkey.
edit on 24-11-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I too remember BBS with the pop up timer as we had to cut the thing out to carve!

White, nipple like thing, that, honestly, had a red end that popped out (first time I have ever put those together!! HA!)

But then again I remember things like “Kit-Kat” candy bars, “Depends” adult undergarments, and some guitar player named, “Pete Townsend” whose album I read the cover over while listening to!

And a family of bears named, “Berenstein”.

Oddly enough, Nelson Mandela only died once!

(And, no, a memory is nothing like a file in a file cabinet that you misread! There are neurochemicals and hormones involved (prolly, DNA... which is what the main issue is about... I think).

Why this is happening is as interesting as to ‘how’ but most of the populous does not have a grasp of science and some of the subtle things that little things, like even light (dark matter??), have on us!

We used to only buy BB turkeys and I really seem (and feel) that cutting out the pop up thing was both “ghetto” and a joke (as n, only us poor people eat that crap...)

Take a few of the MEs and seems like the “guilty past” is being rewritten. The rest is disinfo.

Like all MEs, it is now a moot point as both sides can show evidence of their proof!

A good ME! And I wonder why the past has to change...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

We buy only Butterball turkeys every year for the last 20 years or so.

I've never seen a pop up timer (in my timeline.)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I too remember BBS with the pop up timer as we had to cut the thing out to carve!

White, nipple like thing, that, honestly, had a red end that popped out (first time I have ever put those together!! HA!)

But then again I remember things like “Kit-Kat” candy bars, “Depends” adult undergarments, and some guitar player named, “Pete Townsend” whose album I read the cover over while listening to!

And a family of bears named, “Berenstein”.

Oddly enough, Nelson Mandela only died once!

(And, no, a memory is nothing like a file in a file cabinet that you misread! There are neurochemicals and hormones involved (prolly, DNA... which is what the main issue is about... I think).

Why this is happening is as interesting as to ‘how’ but most of the populous does not have a grasp of science and some of the subtle things that little things, like even light (dark matter??), have on us!

We used to only buy BB turkeys and I really seem (and feel) that cutting out the pop up thing was both “ghetto” and a joke (as n, only us poor people eat that crap...)

Take a few of the MEs and seems like the “guilty past” is being rewritten. The rest is disinfo.

Like all MEs, it is now a moot point as both sides can show evidence of their proof!

A good ME! And I wonder why the past has to change...

I think it's due to "M" theory which states that planes of existence(or "dimensions") are like membranes stacked side by side like slices of bread in a loaf. And occasionally a small point on one brane will bump into the adjoining brane and a bit of the realities in each one leaks into the other.
edit on 11/24/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I guess i've just never bought a turkey with one of those. Had butterballs before, never seen one.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
When I was a kid, for sure there was a pop up timer, this would be in the 70s. Now, whether it was a Butterball?

Same here.

Once the turkey is out of the wrapper who can remember what brand it was?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I guess i've just never bought a turkey with one of those. Had butterballs before, never seen one.

Well if I had known this was how it was going to be in your timeline, I would have stayed in my own.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

of course the timer, pop up thing was there in butterball turkeys, I think it was white with a red center that popped out, when turkey was done.
This is just crazy, Wonder what else we are told did not happen, and why ? This couldn't be an important thing to wipe out of history.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It could be both ways. I can see some ELS manager cutting that out of the budget on certain years to save some money. I've definately seen them in some of my turkeys I've bought, not sure the brand. I also remember the butter basting years where you inject butter under the skin and rub it around and those definately didn't have the temp pin. I would have remembered going around that.

I remember it both ways, who knows.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust

of course the timer, pop up thing was there in butterball turkeys, I think it was white with a red center that popped out, when turkey was done.
This is just crazy, Wonder what else we are told did not happen, and why ? This couldn't be an important thing to wipe out of history.

I purposely sought out a Butterball for the sole reason of the timer. It seemed like some kind of futuristic technology back in the day.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I can't say i've ever even seen a Turkey with a popup timer and i'm not even entirely sure what they are.

It's a little white plastic thingy embedded in the turkey breast that pops up when it's done.

I recall the pop up thingy being yellow.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I come from a timeline where we don't eat Turkeys on Thanksgiving.

This is going to be an interesting Thursday for me....

Well I'm almost afraid to ask...but if people in your timeline didn't eat the turkeys, what exactly DID you do with them on Thanksgiving?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: azvol

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I can't say i've ever even seen a Turkey with a popup timer and i'm not even entirely sure what they are.

It's a little white plastic thingy embedded in the turkey breast that pops up when it's done.

I recall the pop up thingy being yellow.

And now we have a third timeline.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yep i remember them aswell and i think we always purchased butterball in the past

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join