It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the New Mexico desert sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I want to be clear about one thing: I don't think that what I've seen is alien, but they definitely are unidentified flying objects.

On several occasions out in the desert, my friends and I have watched glowing lights in the far distance hover, then shoot off at absurd speeds. They've also changed directions with no warning. We'll just sit out there in the cold, drinking beer and watching them. One on memorable occasion, there were three or four of these lights flinging themselves around the sky. After about 20 minutes, military helicopters (speculating military. They were black and had what sounded like enormous engines in them. You can here those suckers rumble from quite a distance) came flying in and attempted to catch up to the lights, unsuccessfully. They shot off into the distance. The helicopters meandered around for another hour or so and then headed back to wherever they came from, probably the AFB on the other side of the city.

Any thoughts? I'd like to hear your opinions.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If You are writing about some UFO appearances near

Albuquerque

or

Los Alamos

it is probably tied up with what is at the nearby
nuclear weapons development or storage areas
of Sandia National Labs or Los Alamos Labs.

Intelligences can come and go from whatever
"high security" areas there are in these regions
to keep the nuclear establishment guessing
and thinking about the Truth or Consequences
of making nuclear or other destructive
military technology.

Especially it is interesting what can happen at the
Manzano Mountain site to the SE of Albuquerque:

UFO's have been known to buzz the site and even
set down there.

Manzano can mean "Apple" in Spanish and so
the Manzano Mountain is Apple Mountain,
a place where the Fed's supposedly stockpile
some of their Nukes.

The Intelligences of the UFO's are probably saying:

"How About Them Apples!"

And the Fed's can't do a damned thing to stop them!

(Except possibly give up the Nuclear Nightmare.
A Wise Choice if there ever was one)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is just west of Albuquerque.

Yeah, I've always heard about the stockpile in the mountain.

I've heard about a LOT of things about the area though, some of them believable, some of them not.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rp001
I want to be clear about one thing: I don't think that what I've seen is alien, but they definitely are unidentified flying objects.

What makes you think this was not alien ?
The fact that some helicopters pursued the lights, make them very likely to be extraterrestrial. I don't see military chasing each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor

Originally posted by rp001

What makes you think this was not alien ?
The fact that some helicopters pursued the lights, make them very likely to be extraterrestrial. I don't see military chasing each other.

Many people may not agree with this, but this is my reasoning. If I was an alien, and I had this cool glowing ship that could crap on physics and loop around the air like a moth on crack, I wouldn't spend my time amusing teenagers in the desert until the military showed up then fly away.

Of course, if it is alien, that could be their exact reasoning.

No, they just don't strike me as alien. I couldn't tell you why, exactly. My guess is either military testing stuff out and playing miniature 'war games', or another country has some cool equipment.

EDIT: Also, everyone I've seen them with, none of us think they are extraterrestrial. It's very strange, now that I think about it. Nobody has even suggested that they might be alien.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by rp001]

top topics

join