It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico governor shuts down grocery stores for two weeks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow and this close to the holidays. This is exactly like that event outlined in the start of that documentary "Running Man". Oh I know what you are going to say, but it's a documentary, trust me, just look at the news.

If this is the way things are going to be heading, I see a lot of backdoor grocery stores happening in the near future.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: slatesteam
Um. What? And here I thought in Cali we were getting the ball rolling on food scarcity going into winter by fomenting a shutdown across all outdoor dining and all dining period in/around LA.

Damn you good NM.....

How does closing down dining increase food scarcity?

There seems to be a rumble growing louder around food scarcity however, it is starting to have the hallmarks of a psyop in my humble, partially educated opinion.

I believe that it is more around supply and demand. The grocery stores here are by law only allowed to keep like 3 or 5 days of stock on hand. Fewer buyers at a time, less demand during the 3 or 5 days, so the store would order less, and hence the producers would decrease production of stuff that would spoil if not used.

I see what you mean however, I don't see how a two-week closure/restriction on grocery stores in one state leads to an overall problem of food scarcity?

This is absolutely bloody insane though, I agree with that.

LOL......yeah......one thing that I would add, we were only supposed to be on a two week lockdown too.

Here in Victoria, Australia we were supposed to be on a two week lockdown to flatten the curve. It turned in to months on end.

I think the curve they were trying to flatten was economic growth.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Back door everything.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM
I agree, but media is all about emotional impact than any standing issues.

People have been babied for too long living in cities with down the block food sources.

Of course they are, logic doesn't sell to the masses.

And I agree although I have friends who live in big cities who are still more than capable of acquiring fresh produce and creating a meal from it. One of them even a bachelor!

I think people who rely on services such as food delivery and instant meals is symptomatic of this generational expectation of instant gratification in all facets of life. Little do they know how satisfying a home cooked meal prepared with care and attention is. Even moreso if it comes from your garden/forest/lake/river/ocean.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Then take the word from someone that lives in The states and is experiencing this stuff? Maybe that?

edit on 24-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Um. What? And here I thought in Cali we were getting the ball rolling on food scarcity going into winter by fomenting a shutdown across all outdoor dining and all dining period in/around LA.

Damn you good NM.....

How does closing down dining increase food scarcity?

There seems to be a rumble growing louder around food scarcity however, it is starting to have the hallmarks of a psyop in my humble, partially educated opinion.

I believe that it is more around supply and demand. The grocery stores here are by law only allowed to keep like 3 or 5 days of stock on hand. Fewer buyers at a time, less demand during the 3 or 5 days, so the store would order less, and hence the producers would decrease production of stuff that would spoil if not used.

I see what you mean however, I don't see how a two-week closure/restriction on grocery stores in one state leads to an overall problem of food scarcity?

This is absolutely bloody insane though, I agree with that.
we just getting this ‘21 clusterfu*k started early here in the US is all? Goodwill to men and stuff.

Yeah. Just not food

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Lack of outlets, in your instance grocery stores in relation to access to food does not necessarily indicate food scarcity and seems like more of a distribution issue.

I've been to LA, 7 years ago and did not notice a distinct lack of grocery stores nor did I hear it from anyone. Is this a more recent issue?

Would be interested in any supporting information you're able to provide.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yes. COVID and the subsequent lockdowns along with the complete shutdown of dining in LA wasn’t a thing 7 years ago. Also there a bunch more people there now than then.

Edit: I don’t mean to be obtuse. But conditioning starts with regulations and imposing factors, moves to distribution amongst the social unrest..... THEN food shortages.

Rome wasnt lost in a day....

Also my condolences and warm wishes to you and your countrymen, especially there in Victoria. Y’all getting the shaft by your govt

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Covid is running rampant there are 871 people hospitalized now. 2.059million in population. Oh, yea 18.2% of the new cases are from long-term care facilities.

New cases today

Change over 7 days

27.7%+

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I work in hospitals.

These are the facts.

If a person, any person, goes to the hospital for anything, from apendicitus, to a broken hip, to a car wreck. . . they are tested for Covid.

If they are Covid positive, then they are no longer a broken hip patient, a car wreck patient, they are a Covid patient.

Vent usage is actually down or at normal levels.

I know this because I get census reports for the state of Oregon.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes. COVID and the subsequent lockdowns along with the complete shutdown of dining in LA wasn’t a thing 7 years ago. Also there a bunch more people there now than then.

Edit: I don’t mean to be obtuse. But conditioning starts with regulations and imposing factors, moves to distribution amongst the social unrest..... THEN food shortages.

Rome wasnt lost in a day....

Also my condolences and warm wishes to you and your countrymen, especially there in Victoria. Y’all getting the shaft by your govt

Thankyou sir, we are slowly regaining freedoms we once took for granted but some restrictions remain in place. Luckily I live rurally where we have been less affected and have a much more rebellious spirit than our city counterparts so essentially everyone has been carrying on as usual except the masks.

I am not trying to be contentious either, just unpacking the idea with you as I still struggle to comprehend how a closure of dining leads to food scarcity as presumably restaurants not buying produce puts more in to circulation.

I agree, we are being incrementally conditioned. F the new normal and anyone supporting it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Perfect excuse to tell the wife that you have to go out hunting.

Don't see the problem.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

There is a real virus. And initially lockdowns seemed like a good idea. But its almost a year later, and the western world is still struggling. Lockdowns clearly don't work with the way western society functions.

But as time has gone on, for a coronavirus, and what is happening politically world wide, I can concede to initial thoughts and opinions. We live in interesting times.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Perfect excuse to tell the wife that you have to go out hunting.

Don't see the problem.

Can't wait to begin doing that myself.

We have massive populations of introduced Sambar and Fallow deer in my corner of Australia.

Going out soon with a mate to begin learning how to stalk them

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: strongfp

Breadlines might not be far off...

Weren’t you advocating for lockdowns over this hoax?

What did you think was going to happen?

SMH
Often times, the supposed intellectuals don't think too far ahead, convinced of the numbers on paper, ignorant of dynamic change.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The secret to controlling COVID is to shut down all but one grocery store in town, that way, everyone in the entire city can shop at one store, it makes it much safer. Plus all the fist fights will help release pent up energy and get everyone in shape for Black Friday fights.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
All I can say is, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Just think of what a Democrat Progressive institution would do 🤭

I'm falling back onto local politics here in TX, keeping BLUE out.
edit on 24-11-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Food is overrated anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

How is this even close to legal?

Public health order.

Department of Health.

Just like grocers/restaurants can be temp closed for failure to be up to health code.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yea, this stuff is true. I'm 30 miles from NM border, and we have refugees coming over here to buy up our stuff.

New Mexico is one of the country's least talked about s*it holes. Really nice people, but one of the poorest, if not the poorest state in the US. Still, the few that vote, actually vote for this crap.

I've boycotted their state since March, since their stupid, walking tw@-scab of a governor went full retard.

They can eat rocks and dirt.

No sympathy, and no help from me.

If Epstein could call it home, is it worth worrying about?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join