It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk Turkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's the set I was looking at a while ago, actually. I'll pull the trigger eventually. I also have a cast iron that I like to use.

The last pan that warped on me got put out at 200 yards and taught a lesson.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
That's the set I was looking at a while ago, actually. I'll pull the trigger eventually. I also have a cast iron that I like to use.

Cast iron is great too, I have a few pieces including a monster 16" skillet that I use for fried chicken. MmmmmMmmmm, chicken!

The last pan that warped on me got put out at 200 yards and taught a lesson.

Nice grouping, I like a little lead fricassee.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Looks like someone could use a little quality range time with that 5.56, and definitely with the AK!

But the .50 grouped nicely. Maybe a click on the windage. Too bad you didn't have more ammo.

edit on 11/27/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ha! Now that I'm thinking about it we actually rented the .50 that day. I forgot all about that.The others are from ARs and a 308 bolt action just plinking at it. No scopes on the ARs
edit on 27-11-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yeah, I knew it was a 7.62 in some configuration, either 39 (AK), 51 (.308) or 63mm (.30-06). Was it crappy ammo, or what? A decent bolt action .308 should be able to hole-in-hole all day long at that distance.

edit on 11/27/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

For sure. We usually use crappy wolf steel case ammo when we go to that range. That way we can shoot all day without breaking the bank. I have a lot of match grade ammo but don't plink with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hey guys -- I'm having a helluva time getting this page to load and responses to post. I think it's the pictures that my browser just doesn't like... grrrrrrr! I wanna see!!! But it's been acting wonky since the last Windows update... and actually the one before that... so maybe it's Windows fault and not Firefox.

Anyway, I'm not ignoring you. I've been trying to respond! I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one...

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Liquesence

Let me know how it works out for you.

Worked out very well, white/breast meat was very moist and tasty, more than the regular breast side up roast. After the 24 hour wet brine, cooked it @ 325 breast down stuffed with garlic cloves, rosemary, sliced apple, onion, celery, covered for about 2.5 hours, turned it over, cooked for 30-45 covered, then broiled for 5-10 to brown/crisp, and let it rest covered for 30-40 while the dressing cooked.

Hell, even today the white meat is delicious and moist, cold.

Flipping was kind of a b#, the dark meat had started to fall off the bone.
edit on 27-11-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Sounds like it worked out perfectly, glad to hear that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join