It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd obelisk found in Utah????

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh, someone would have found it sooner or later. That whole area is crisscrossed with aircraft and 4x4 enthusiasts all the time. It was only a matter of time.

And then the questions would begin...why? Just as VC has posulated.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I didn't see rivets, but if riveted, and flattened out, denotes aircraft, manufacture. like other person said, art. This is some artist statement, then put it out in nowhere, and wait for someone to find it, scrap metal 50 cents a pound, or make it into something useful.

I really think the Reptilians living inside the Earth is more interesting, I mean they are about ready for the harvest, or reveal themselves or something.

Or maybe that's what that, thingie is, it's one of the sites for, the current world extension survivalist location. You know, like the Reptilians, only less advanced, I mean on their stuff, I'm sure you would not see the rivets. So when you see this thing if you have your entrance, code wave transmitter.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The site roughly resembles the scene in 2001 space odyssey where the primitive humans go bananas around the object

That might explain the person(s) who planted that justified its location

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Banksy is a fantastic social commentator, expressing his feelings of political irony and the small man’s struggle, in the form of graffiti.

He took over the Bristol museum and had a fantastic exhibition.

What he does for the plight of the Palestinian people is extremely admirable. I personally love his work and feel he has a commendable social conscience.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Okay, so someone needs to go out there now, and figure out which direction all three faces face, and what points on the compass the corners are.

They also need to determine if the object is perfectly plumb, or if it's on an angle.

Hmmm, maybe I'll go check the azimuth for this location...I didn't think of that earlier. Hmmm, that would change hourly and seasonally too, so you'd need a date and a time.

I don't know.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The site roughly resembles the scene in 2001 space odyssey where the primitive humans go bananas around the object

So, whoever( if human, of course) planted this thing, they had the ability and ways to get to the remote location and the know-how to plant it in that rough terrain.

It might be a 2001 enthusiast just trying to make a statement

or it might be something more complex

obviously, at this time we can only speculate...

I do like your speculations I've read so far and trying to find correspondences with other incidents

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Twitter site link above says the object was placed (Based on Satellite images: the #utahmonolith was placed between Aug 2015 & Oct 2016.)

Interesting

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Some method of fastening can clearly be seen down each side. The truth of the matter is that I TIG weld and reckon I could do a better job.

It's human, not alien. And the fact that I've just heard this story on national # radio is sad, and embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That's a sound theory Will, but...
I don't think it has anything to do with the 2001 movie, because that monolith was a skinny rectangle, & this one is a triangle...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

That's a sound theory Will, but...
I don't think it has anything to do with the 2001 movie, because that monolith was a skinny rectangle, & this one is a triangle...

There is one much bigger and with at twist at the O2 arena London images.app.goo.gl...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It’s a monument to Brigham Young inside you will find his preserved phyllis and testicles. Jk

Wonder how much it weighs and how it got there or if it was constructed on site and not pre fabricated and dropped off?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok,so when the rubber hits the road we ask is it private land and who is going to go investigate for all of us?.... dig it up if its legal to do or at least probe underneath to see how dee it goes down...could be some type of antenna for a DUMB.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Some method of fastening can clearly be seen down each side. The truth of the matter is that I TIG weld and reckon I could do a better job.

It's human, not alien. And the fact that I've just heard this story on national # radio is sad, and embarrassing.

I can't see why, someone putting a secret monument on public lands for unknown reasons sounds newsworthy to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
“Lockheart Basin Spur” road area

USGS streetview of area shows Lockheart Basin Spur

Other good Links with maps:

www.mtbproject.com/trail/4638643/lockhart-basin

This map shows the area of the spur it marks a spot at the top of the spur where there was a plane crash.
Lockhart Basin | My Toyota FJ Cruiser

www.myfjcruiser.org/3098/lockhart-basin/comment-page-1/

edit on 24-11-2020 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Plane wreck info:

wreckchasing.websitetoolbox.com/post/canyonlands-t33-1838381

www.jeeptheusa.com/lockhart-basin-35.html

Dang never had trouble with my links before help

edit on 24-11-2020 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Interview live with the ranger who found it.
He's saying looks man made rivets etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

Interview live with the ranger who found it.
He's saying looks man made rivets etc.

Some points in the video ( I have not seen it all)
Reports that locals saw this dropping from the sky. Find that hard to believe as it's so remote who would see it being a small structure. Also reports the military are there tried to remove it but it won't budge.

edit on 24-11-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Looks photoshopped to me. Compare the shadows on the rocks with the shadow from the obelisk.

(post by circuitsports removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

Well, I guess I heard a little different. What I hear the pilot say is essentially the following.

- It is located on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land which is public land
- They observed pretty obvious saw cuts in the ground where the sandstone was cut to place the object
- The object looked man made with "pop rivets" holding it together.
- He indicated there were no markings or writing on the object.
- He didn't believe the object fell from the sky, as reported by some locals, because of the saw cut marks and over-cuts.
- They did feel the object was pretty firmly planted in the ground.
- He had no knowledge of the BLM, SAR or the Military attempting to remove it
- He did feel the BLM would likely remove the object because they don't want others doing the same thing.
- He also stated BLM likely wants to remove it because it is defacing the landscape. (which sounds like the BLM)
- The only Military restricted areas are 25 miles away from this area, and are old decommissioned missile testing sites.

That was pretty much the bulk of it.

I guess the most notable part of the interview for me is his statement about "saw marks in the sandstone". In the Google Earth images we've been looking at today, there was clearly sagebrush growing in the area where the object is now. If the object was cut into sandstone, sagebrush growing in this area would not be possible. And, my assessment of the wash bottom was that it was sand, which I would expect (at least a couple feet of it anyway). This surprises me.

I've been up and down those washes thousands of times, and they're always filled with sand from sluffing off the rocks above. Yes, the sand can wash out, but only in really high flood areas. And sagebrush would never grow in such an area. I am not suggesting he's not telling the truth, but now I'm wondering if we really are looking at the correct location on Google Earth, as another member seemed to suggest earlier. Could there possibly be more than one? The rock formations looked identical initially, but now upon closer examination, there are some subtle potential differences (which could be sun and photo angles, but still).

If the object was cut into sandstone, as he suggests, I am even more impressed with the installers than I was initially. That would not be an easy task at all!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join