It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecclesiastes (12) Lost enjoyment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

ChesterJohn...

The holy ghost cannot enter a mind full of answers. It can only enter a mind empty of answers.... "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.". So that which empowers our mind does not empower the holy spirit.

Thats because our mind is the Genesis serpent (666). The Fathers will, our seat of consciousness, exists seperately to mind....

"The light of the body is the eye: if. therefore thine eye be single, thy. whole body shall be full of light."

Practice silent prayer and meditation. Not begging this and that. but surrending, diving into the abyss, come what may.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Matt 22:29 . . . Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

The Holy Ghost enters ones BODY at belief on Christ. It is the seal unto the day of redemption of the body

1Cor 15:1-4Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Eph 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
2 Corinthians 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
Your quote of the light of the body is a doctrine for living in the millennial kingdom which Jesus was preparing them for had they received him as their Lord, Saviour and King. Rightly dividing the word of truth is needed so a correct application can be made. Now spiritually a humble man may be child like and it takes child like faith to believe on Christ. But we are upright and in understanding we are to be men

1Co 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

My mind is no longer mine for I have the mind of Christ

1Cor 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Roms 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Eph 4:20-24 But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
But if that light be darkness how dark is that light. A mind without Christ is dark, it does not have the Holy Ghost indwelling and thereby cannot teach that person. No where does Jesus Christ, his disciples tell us to keep silent. Paul told us to keep silence but for a few specific reasons one let women remain silent in the church and if there be not a interpreter for a tongue let that man remain silent.

1 Cor 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1 Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
We are never said to pray silently or meditate as other religions do.

1Tim 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
1Thess 5:17 Pray without ceasing
1Tim 4:13-15 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
The gift that is in Timothy and the believer is the HOLY GHOST.

Prov 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

edit on 11/26/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The Holy Ghost enters ones BODY at belief on Christ.

But what is belief.

Jesus specifically said "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

So "belief" is not the same as belief in say santa claus. It is the surrending of EVERYTHING we love in this material world for the path of Christ. "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."

Not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination. But if we see our ego-brain as the Genesis serpent. With the root of all its feellngs, a craving self. One can understand why it has to be defeated before we can serve the Fathers will.

My mind is no longer mine for I have the mind of Christ

What drives us into spirituality can end up being a wall between us and spirituality. If we want spirituality to be special, highly regarded, rewarded etc then all we are doing is empowering that serpent. I am sure there are people that serve the Fathers will but will never admit it. In conquering their ego they have no need for self acknowledgement or praise.

We are never said to pray silently or meditate as other religions do.

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

We are not in that DAY. That is the great Tribulation.

Faith is one thing Belief is another. Until you fully understand the difference you will continue to confuse the two.

1Cor 14:33 God is not the author of confusion.

When a man's spirit drives him it is just him. But the true believer has His Spirit and it is what drives the new life in Christ. So in your understanding you do err not knowing the word of God

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
1Cor 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
You final quate from you unknown Bible Translation has just enough of the preserved word in it to make it seem LIKE the true preserved words of God. That was the exact thing Satan/the Serpent did when is deceived Eve.

Gen 3:1-5 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
1Tim 2:13-14For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Deception it self is deceiving for there are those that know not they are deceived.

2Tim 3:13-16 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Faith is one thing belief is another. Faith saves but ones own belief deceives. You are never saved by belief alone but you are saved by faith.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

We are not in that DAY. That is the great Tribulation.

Faith is one thing Belief is another. Until you fully understand the difference you will continue to confuse the two.

1Cor 14:33 God is not the author of confusion.

When a man's spirit drives him it is just him. But the true believer has His Spirit and it is what drives the new life in Christ. So in your understanding you do err not knowing the word of God

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
1Cor 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Your final quote from you unknown Bible Translation has just enough of the preserved word in it to make it seem LIKE the true preserved words of God. That was the exact thing Satan/the Serpent did when is deceived Eve.

Gen 3:1-5 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
1Tim 2:13-14For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Deception it self is deceiving for there are those that know not they are deceived.

2Tim 3:13-16 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Faith is one thing belief is another. Faith saves but ones own belief deceives. You are never saved by belief alone but you are saved by faith.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join