It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if Jesus was an alien, then why didn't He prove this to us with math???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
there are MANY conspiracies about Jesus being an alien and He came here to teach us about higher values and etc...

if this is true, why didn't He PROVE to us that He was "smarter than the normal man" (AKA an alien) by using math???

you cannot say that Jesus was an alien just because He spoke in parables and talked of a kingdom that is high up in the sky some where...

this can also apply to any other major religious figure or supposed alien...

EDIT: title...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by they see ALL]

[edit on 17-3-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think everything of this sort goes back to the whole "Free will" thing. If everything was proven to us that would remove our free will in choosing religions, and deciding things like that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

if this is true, why didn't He PROVE to us that He was "smarter than the normal man" (AKA an alien) by using math???

In what way would Jesus have the opportunity to use math? Or what could he do mathematically to prove to us he was an alien?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, you know he actually did. 5 loaves of bread + 2 fish = enough food for over 5,000 people. I'd call that superior math.

He didn't use math because he wasn't talking to mathematicians.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm sure the people of his time would understand physics and math extremely well
. They were still convinced the devil would enter your soul when you sneezed.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
he used parable to get it past the censor at the front of mind

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
something curious to read in john chapter 10, is that Jesus told some that they would never believe because they were not His sheep and were not given to Him by the father, and that, in fact, He and the Father are One. Those who He spoke to then tried to kill Him. so He started arguing with them some more.

So . . .

Someone who could make rocks rise up and worship Himself argued with people who would not believe because they were not elected to.

Someone who could knock down "men of stature" with the simple words of "I am," endured people who were trying to kill Him.

Someone who is God incarnate didn't destroy everything that exists, based on the just idea that all the creation is under vanity and therefore the wrath of God, but rather is longsuffering, even unto death for those who are His.

i am fairly certain that if Jesus needed to bring about more proof, or maybe even use a silly, inaccurate, sensationalistic movie to garner attention for His name, He would have.

He came at a time in which there had been many others making similar claims of being "the messiah" and therefore His claims were not all that unique. He came at a time when travel was limited and never went more than 200 miles from home. He came at a time when communication was fairly localized. so either God is dumb, picked a bad time to come and His lasting word is all luck, or maybe He is God and things like this are irrelevant?

i don't think God is dumb. if He wanted to use some algebra or slick marketing to wow "potential believers, He would have. there are many things He could have done and in fact did at certain times during His walk on earth, but didn't perform in accordance to how we think He should have.

maybe someone should give God (or The Head Alien) a marketing lesson. you know, since He totally neglected proper advertising and merchandising.
daved

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm sure the people of his time would understand physics and math extremely well . They were still convinced the devil would enter your soul when you sneezed.

Nicely put Linux!! Of course, a little blood-letting would get that devil out! I noticed you're a cigar smoker. I just got some Romeo & Julieta Cuban Churchills in the Bahamas...very nice. I LOVE a good cigar and any opportunity to deny IGNORANCE!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
people of the time would have known math...

you know, people that lived before Christ (BC) are the FOUNDERS of math and physics NOW...

new topics

top topics

join