It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone work in healthcare or a hospital? Are you seeing a Covid resurgence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

So far, but the entire health care system is messed up due to Covid as well. While my dad had issues, my daughter almost died because she wasn’t properly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Because her symptoms were Covid like, she could info goto certain offices. They assumed it was Covid and didn’t blood test her and she went into severe DKA even though we had her in the doctor / ER 4 times over a month.

Lot of bad impact from Covid too as if you have symptoms close they treat you totally different.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have an issue with testing, and when talking about testing...and the numbers of new cases, etc.

When it comes to testing:

What test are we talking about?

Is it for an antibodies?

Is it for the virus itself?

If so, is it always looking for covid variants as well as 19?

Is it a qualitative or quantitative test?

If it is the PCR test, how many cycles are used before analysis? Max allowed?

Note: from the PCR test creator's own words (Kary Mullis); it is not to be used as a diagnostic test, it is a tool to multiple a sample, even a single molecule. If you run it enough times on anyone, they can test positive for almost anything.

So my question to the health officials out there is: Can you answer any, or all of the questions above?

Thank you, and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

ff

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
My wife works in a hospital near Chicago. She said the hospital currently has the highest number of infected patients it has had at one time since this whole thing started. Our next door neighbor and her mother, two elderly women and also two of our best friends, are both inpatient at this time. Our friend is most likely going to ICU tonight, her condition is deteriorating quickly. Her mom isn't doing much better but is holding steady right now.

My wife tested negative a few weeks ago but is going to be tested again tomorrow considering what has happened with the neighbors since her last test. My wife has more contact with them than I do.

Both of our neighbors are elderly with underlying conditions. Still, seeing how fast they deteriorated, and continue to while inpatient, is a bit alarming. Our friend has spent a good part of her inpatient waking hours on the phone with a lawyer trying to get her personal matters in order. She thinks this is it for her. I would have said no way until I spoke to her on the phone today. She can barely breath. Her O2, which is usually set in the 2-5 range, is currently set at 17 and she is still gasping for air.

If you are of the nature to do so, please drop a few prayers for these two wonderful ladies.

Thank you for the report.

I am sorry to hear about your friends.

A friend sent me some info - forwarded email about postural drainage. Not sure if it would apply or be helpful for your friends but here are some articles suggesting different postures that help drain the lungs:

Lung-draining ‘turning teams’ may be the next evolution in COVID-19 care

Why positioning Covid-19 patients on their stomachs can save lives

I can't find the images I had before but it showed several different positions that encourage postural drainage. As these articles and email I saw suggests, it can save lives.

Here's another article..

postural drainage

It seems the position they often use is one where you are on your stomach with something triangular under your hip and upper body sloped downward.

It seems not many doctors apply these techniques.

edit on 15-11-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Advantage

What are the numbers on people who get systemic complications? I have yet to see that one. Not everyone does.

Loaded question... LOL! I dont have up to date national numbers. Im in a "zone" and the zone tells me what the zone thinks I need to know. It will depend on your area, your demographics, your average hospital grades, your number of ICU/CCU beds ( effects recovery/mitigation/death rates) , if we are talking about ARF, ARDS, Cardiac, Liver, etc... The loaded answer is some areas are seeing a rise of around 6% of focal or systemic injuries ( lungs heart liver mainly.. and you kinda need those).. portal/pulmonary hypertension causing the hemorrhaging some folks will tell you about. This bug does a lot more than the flu. Ive recently read a local report on an ICU patient with the liver compications and an inflammation of the hepatic artery.. who then had total cessation of motility in the intestines. Had to pump the stomach with one tube and add things with another. The patients intestines started sloughing off and when they opened this patient up to TRY to figure out what in the world was happening.. it was necrotic. The intestines died from blood starvation due to the hepatic artery being compromised/portal hypertention/liver injury... AKA the severe but non-critical case of covid that effected his veins/arteries and major organs.
When that guy came in it was thought he was having a gall bladder attack... initially.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: LookingAtMars

So far, but the entire health care system is messed up due to Covid as well. While my dad had issues, my daughter almost died because she wasn’t properly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Because her symptoms were Covid like, she could info goto certain offices. They assumed it was Covid and didn’t blood test her and she went into severe DKA even though we had her in the doctor / ER 4 times over a month.

Lot of bad impact from Covid too as if you have symptoms close they treat you totally different.

The risk assessment guy said it was something like you take your numbers of infected, your number of ICU and CCU beds ( levels of life support and care) Plug in your percentage of increase.. a bunch of other stuff.. and you get to see approx how many will die due to preventable issues surrounding covid, but not enough beds or QUALIFIED personnel ( nurse or Dr who ARE ICU CCU experienced) or medication/vent/equipment shortage versus catastrophic covid complications in critical cases.

My jaw dropped...

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think, here it is:

Its not a Nothing Burger and people are dying. I dont agree with people who don't wear masks when people are in close proximity of others especially groups and especially around vulnerable people.

On the other hand we also have to respect peoples livelihoods, their Liberty, and the health of the world economy as a whole which will have dire consequences for the living, and future life conditions.

Its not a Nothing Burger but does not justify lockdowns or jeopardizing all the things I just mentioned.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

My brother does in NC and no.....no extra patients.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Can you find a single source on COVID when this first broke that didn't expect, suggest or mention a coming resurgence in the Autumn and Winter?

Just because you didn't read or know about something doesn't mean it came out of nowhere.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I agree, we need a middle ground. It's funny how some believe it's fake due to Trump downplaying it early on (only to have audio tapes showing he knew better).

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I agree, we need a middle ground. It's funny how some believe it's fake due to Trump downplaying it early on (only to have audio tapes showing he knew better).

It's also funny how some people persist in thinking that because of what you state above that anyone who thinks it maybe isn't severe enough to warrant widespread economic shutdown and house arrest of entire populations has to be someone who doesn't think the disease exists at all and doesn't kill people ... because ORANGE MAN BAD.

Let's be plain. The politics exists on both sides.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

And so is there a significant Covid resurgence discounting the regular Influenza patients this time of year?

By some stroke of luck there are very few Influenza patients this year.

Well, influenza is far less contagious than the Rona, and considering the mitigations in place, schools closed, etc., it's not surprising whatsoever than influenza cases are way down.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

There would also be the question of how many cases are flu and how many are Rona.

My brother-in-law works the penitentiary, and they have been testing all the guards. They lost his test, and when he came down with cold-like symptoms, instead of testing him again, they simply listed him as "presumed positive" and put him on quarantine.

So he's a positive case even though no one knows if he had Rona, a stock cold, or the flu.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I think, here it is:

Its not a Nothing Burger and people are dying. I dont agree with people who don't wear masks when people are in close proximity of others especially groups and especially around vulnerable people.

On the other hand we also have to respect peoples livelihoods, their Liberty, and the health of the world economy as a whole which will have dire consequences for the living, and future life conditions.

Its not a Nothing Burger but does not justify lockdowns or jeopardizing all the things I just mentioned.

Bingo.

100% agree. It is not a nothing burger but lockdowns are excessive.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What's missing is the important information. People need to know what the odds are of contracting mild cases, serious cases, critical cases for their demographic, and they need to know what the complications/implications are of each type of COVID.

That sort of information is not easy to find.

But you can find all kinds of information on how many cases there are and how many people have died.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

If we are to be honest about the Blame Trump aspect, it's really very, very few who actually agreed it was phony after he leaned "Nothingburger" on it. Even on ATS, the majority of folks within the hardcore "It's Fake" and "It's A Nothingburger" camps, came to those conclusions before Trump said anything at all. Some came to that conclusion after months of observation, while a tiny minority hopped on that one as soon as he so much as slanted their way on it. It's the nature of political cheerleaders, they always go balls to the wall at the first opportunity.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's clear it's a disease that can and does become very serious, even lethal for some people, mostly for those who are older or who have compromised immune systems, or pre-existing conditions. However, it can also hit a few in the younger demographics and healthy demographic hard too, but that's far, far less likely.

Some of those who suffer from critical illness can have lasting effects.

But as to how likely people are to suffer major issues? I think it's far less likely that you'll suffer greatly from this than people did from the Spanish Flu. I think the Spanish Flu was also more lethal. I would be far more afraid of this if it was behaving more like the Spanish Flu did.

As it is, while I don't like being ill, I feel that my chances with this one are pretty good if I do get it. I also feel like I've had a couple illnesses already that may have been it since there just is no way to know without being tested and I haven't done that.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I do. Covid is a sham. No increase in deaths. Only cases. More cases then more Federal money. Not any harder than that. Healthcare is a business. Want to make money then say the word COVID and you get paid. Very simple.

Here's the thing. That's not necessarily true.

I've been keeping close watch on the numbers with this latest "surge" in cases especially in the area I live in. You are absolutely correct that there is no surge at all in deaths.

There is a surge in cases, or at least we had a big spike through the past couple of weeks although over the last four/five days that spike seems to have been leveling off fairly fast in my area of the state.

The one number you don't see on the state dashboard is hospitalizations. So just because deaths haven't gone up doesn't mean hospitalizations from the spike in cases hasn't caused a spike in hospitalizations. We don't know in this area at least because we aren't provided those numbers. And I can't trust media reports because I know that at least some of the hospitalizations they worry about are things people deferred out of fear of catching COVID coming to a head, not COVID itself.

Hospitalisations are what should be the thing of concern..they are definitely up here, regular, and ICU. Just the other day, a healthy 30 yr old died at home, got sick along with 3 others at their workplace, was doing ok for 3 days then..gone! Also, a 35 yr old pregnant woman at 35 wks, had to intubated, they had to Cesarean out the baby..I know thats pretty rare..still.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I think, here it is:

Here are the odds of dying (in the U.S.), after you have contracted Covid-19.

0-19 years: .003%
20-49 years: .02%
50-69 years: .5%
70+ years: 5.4%
Source: www.cdc.gov...

For every 100 people over age 70, 5 will not make it. They will rightfully be the first recipients of the vaccine next month.

Since 94% of those who die with Covid-19 have 2 or more existing chronic medical conditions, they will be next on the priority list. (Depending on what medical conditions. Some are much worse than others when combined with Covid-19.)

Most Americans under age 50 (67%) say they don't want to be vaccinated. Only 51% of Americans get an annual Flu Shot. (I don't think it's a vaccine, since you need it every year.)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

One person who died had a form of blood cancer a year or so ago and recovered I think, but his immune system was no longer working right.

Hmmmmmm explain this a bit clearer because this would be categorized as a true miracle!!!

With this is pure speculation or there is a link to support your statement.....

Did the die or did the recover?? Which is it?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I do. Covid is a sham. No increase in deaths. Only cases. More cases then more Federal money. Not any harder than that. Healthcare is a business. Want to make money then say the word COVID and you get paid. Very simple.

Exactly like cancer

Now wouldn't that make a movi! 😳😒

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join