It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will The Electoral College do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just curious. If Trump does win in court, will the Electoral College actually vote for him? If the states are supposedly as corrupt as y'all think they are, than why would they? Especially since there will be civil unrest either way. Is there something, other than legal fees, that would force them to?
Am I the only one who remembers Hillary hunting down EC members and telling them to vote for her anyway? Even SNL had a skit about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousNutjob

Why will there be unrest?

Can't the left lose like proper gentlemen?

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

You really think that they're giving up without a battle after they've been burning down their own cities for months.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Why will there be unrest?

Can't the left lose like proper gentlemen?

I have been told to just accept it and move on. I think that's wonderful advice. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Stiff upper lips all round, tally-ho,jolly well done and the like.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Because the result of Election Day is determine which group of electors go. It isn’t just an Ohio delegation it is Trump’s Ohio Delegation (or Biden’s Ohio Delegation had he won Ohio). Those are the votes. Why the different hand picked groups Instead of just a single set of trustworthy people? Originally it was that way up until around 1826 and then codified by 1880, I think, to be picked by the winning party versus appointed by the legislature.

I remember LBJ had a problem and wanted to “fix” faithless voters. But nothing really came of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We will have to see who they certify as the winner. At the present time, Joe Biden has dropped below 270 Electoral College votes.

Live updates: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nobody will be decalared winner. This will be in the courts for months. Jan 20th at noon Trump is no longer president, with nobody to take his place.

There is no interim plan layed out in the constitution. This will be very interesting if played out.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

contingent election

www.youtube.com...

video describes what could happen if presidential election ends in a tie.
house of representatives decide on who will be president
the senate would decide who would be vice president

you could potentially have a republican president and a democratic vice president. (or vice versa)

contingent election details from wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Procedures-,Presidential%20election,received%20the%20most%20electoral%20votes.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If there is no president on Jan 20 - Pelosi will not take power.

The law assumes no conflict of interest, if it's determined that a fundamental flaw was found in the election process and pelosi has a financial interest or anyone else - scotus can step in and delay the transition.

top topics

join