It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - The Winner of a Presidential Election is Declared-Certified by Congress. Not by the Media.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thursday, November 5, 2020

This past Monday, the day before election day, the New York Times tweeted, "It is Up to the Media to Declare the Winner of the 2020 Presidential Race". (They removed the Tweet 20 minutes later, after it was called out for being a blatant LIE.)

Here are the facts...The U.S. Congress ultimately must Certify which candidate is the winner, and will be sworn in on January 20th.

WASHINGTON - Many people assume the winner of the U.S. presidential contest is determined once the media calls the race, and the losing candidate delivers a concession speech.

But the truth is that formally declaring a presidential winner is a months-long process that won’t be completed until January.

That process essentially involves Americans voting for electors, the electors voting for the president, and then Congress declaring the winner.

“There's Election Day, where those electors are elected; there's the date in December where the electors meet and then vote for president; and then there's the date in January where the Congress certifies that election,” says Amy Dacey, executive director of the Sine Institute of Policy and Politics at American University.

In addition to the Electoral College, certifying the winner of the presidential election involves the Senate, House of Representatives and the National Archives.
More at: www.voanews.com...

As of today, the election for President is still not decided, but either President Trump or Joe Biden will be declared as the "Winner" as soon as a couple of large U.S. Media outlets feel that one of them has achieved 270 Electoral votes. (Right now, Joe Biden has 264, and President Trump has 214.)

Even though that candidate will be referred to as "The Winner" and "President Elect" by media outlets, keep in mind that neither Biden or Trump are OFFICIALLY classified as such, until there is formal certification by the United States Congress.

-CareWeMust

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
THANKS.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The only thing left to top off this year is for the Republicans to return the favor to the Democrats and pull some dictatorship type crap like the Democrats on Election Day.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
The only thing left to top off this year is for the Republicans to return the favor to the Democrats and pull some dictatorship type crap like the Democrats on Election Day.

Better yet, Trump wins the remaining states circumventing the need to win in court AND exposes election fraud.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The media has gotten it wrong many times with their formula of calling states the quickest. It comes at a cost making a competition of it.

A lot of twitter warriors have been claiming states early this cycle too.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Honestly, I just hope everyone keeps their cool. Biden isn’t doing anything for at least 2 years, if at all. They don’t have the Senate, unless that changed in the middle of the night recently...lmao. They literally put one of the guys that created Trump supporters in office again with the newly most hated female in politics. We just need to regroup, ride out what Trump has laid out, prevent the Dems from passing their ridiculous plans and get a fighter like Trump but a more thought out person that can gather more of the middle.

That’s all assuming Biden wins and discounting the fact that I believe a lot of cheating happened by the left. Record numbers for Biden? Pffff, that’s hilarious in itself. Not even gonna get into the middle of the night counts and multitude of other shady things they did. I know I’ve lost confidence in our elections so far.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Better yet, Trump wins the remaining states circumventing the need to win in court AND exposes election fraud.

I honestly think that even if Trump loses, the most he could do with the time he has left in office is exposing the blatant election fraud and getting that fixed through the SCOTUS.

Because if that isn't fixed ASAP then we are no longer America.

ETA... it would also be nice if he has a hissy fit and just declassifies EVERYTHING and lets the citizens think about it.

edit on 5-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
THANKS.

I didn't know it until I looked it up today. This guy on a radio show was describing how the media (most likely Fox News) will attempt to build-up Anti-Trump sentiments in this country, by calling Biden the winner, and President-elect, when he wins his next state.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

ETA... it would also be nice if he has a hissy fit and just declassifies EVERYTHING and lets the citizens think about it.

That would be one thing I'd look at positively from this election.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Still a chance he flips Arizona, takes Nevada and Pennsylvania...if he loses Georgia they tie, wins it she's red rover. Long shot but not impossible.

I am with you in hoping people just keep their cool.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I honestly think that even if Trump loses, the most he could do with the time he has left in office is exposing the blatant election fraud and getting that fixed through the SCOTUS.

Because if that isn't fixed ASAP then we are no longer America.

If that's all he did, in conjunction with having Deep State supporters in a crying fit for the next 4 years well, there's worse that could happen.

Fixing the electoral process and eradicating fraud would also be no mean feat, quite the achievement infact.

Let's wait til the fat lady sings......whatever month that's in!

Oh and yes, declassifying everything would be phenomenal! Better yet, imagine he orders an alien autopsy live on cable TV!
edit on 5112020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Honestly, I just hope everyone keeps their cool. Biden isn’t doing anything for at least 2 years, if at all. They don’t have the Senate, unless that changed in the middle of the night recently...lmao. They literally put one of the guys that created Trump supporters in office again with the newly most hated female in politics. We just need to regroup, ride out what Trump has laid out, prevent the Dems from passing their ridiculous plans and get a fighter like Trump but a more thought out person that can gather more of the middle.

That’s all assuming Biden wins and discounting the fact that I believe a lot of cheating happened by the left. Record numbers for Biden? Pffff, that’s hilarious in itself. Not even gonna get into the middle of the night counts and multitude of other shady things they did. I know I’ve lost confidence in our elections so far.

So you are aware of the cheating and are willing to suck it up for four years?
You don’t deserve liberty.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Be ready for surprises. Good ones!

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

What do you suggest I do? Scream at the sky?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

it would also be nice if he has a hissy fit and just declassifies EVERYTHING and lets the citizens think about it.

Honestly, at this point that’s our only hope. Even a tidbit would be nice.

Normally, I’d say it will NEVER happen. But Trump is anything but conventional. And he doesn’t have many years left at 74.

This can’t all be one sided. Much bigger juju in the works. Love your way of thinking, Lum’s!

Everything is a micro of a macro. 🍻

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Electoral Reality map...because the media whores lie.

Now would be a good time to play the...

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

As always you provide words of wisdom.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

What do you suggest I do? Scream at the sky?

I wasn’t suggesting you do anything. You’ve already stated you’re not anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The media has gotten it wrong many times with their formula of calling states the quickest. It comes at a cost making a competition of it.

A lot of twitter warriors have been claiming states early this cycle too.

I'm sure they have special banners and doctored videos of a normal, energetic, sharp, Joe Biden ready to go, if he wins Nevada's 6 electoral votes tomorrow, lifting him to 270 Electoral Votes total.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lets face it, a lot of you are not going to accept the reality that Biden is the next president until he inauguration and even at that you're all going to cry about fraud with no proof for fraud.

Sure yes, its congress that declare officially but, its possible Biden could finish up with 306, that's what Trump won with in the 2016 election, with some very close states and we didn't get all this crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join