It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has democracy died?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AstroDog

Thank you for putting your thoughts into words.

That really needed to be said.

In fact, a lot more people much more eloquent than myself better start to speak up, and fast.

edit on 5-11-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We have never lived in a democracy.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
In Pennsylvania Trump supporters are screaming stop the count. Every time they release the figures of the postal ballots, the more Biden is eating into Trump’s lead.

In Arizona Trump supporters are screaming start the count. Every time they release the figures of the postal ballots, the more Trump is eating into Biden’s lead.

Trump has declared that he has won many states that are too close to call, and at the same time calling the election in those states a fraud.

Even those dyed in the wool Trump supporters must be able to see the absurdity of it all?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Has democracy died?

Poor America.

It talked the talk, but it never walked the walk.

Rest in pieces.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I believe that if Joe Biden becomes president the world will change beyond recognition.

They said that about Obama.They said he would usher in the NWO anx go for a third term as president.

Im more of the belief that they are gaining controll by playing each side against each other.

Yes Trump is unpredictable and not so easily controlled (compared to biden) but he still goes along with things. He is no anti nwo savior, he just puts on a hero's face, says we're going to get out of war and does the opposite.

If anything, Trump helps the nwo out by increasing the u.s. social divide. Divide and conquer.

Keep the public busy either hating or loving the potus and tgeyll ignore everything gping on around them.

However, Trump

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All it takes is for good men to do nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No, a Republic has died.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Has democracy died?

Poor America.

Rest in pieces.

Which country has done more for this world than the U.S.?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I believe that if Joe Biden becomes president the world will change beyond recognition.

They said that about Obama.They said he would usher in the NWO anx go for a third term as president.

Im more of the belief that they are gaining controll by playing each side against each other.

Yes Trump is unpredictable and not so easily controlled (compared to biden) but he still goes along with things. He is no anti nwo savior, he just puts on a hero's face, says we're going to get out of war and does the opposite.

If anything, Trump helps the nwo out by increasing the u.s. social divide. Divide and conquer.

Keep the public busy either hating or loving the potus and tgeyll ignore everything gping on around them.

However, Trump

I agree with this. The way I look at it is that if the Republicans are in power the country will just go to $h!t slower than if the democrats are in power. However it is inevitable.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This what “generational planning” is about. We, the public, are the frogs in the cold water that is slowly being heated to a boil (hey! A great AGW simile as we slowly drown in our waste CO2 and plastics).

We don’t see it coming because it planned over generations. The next generation is less connected than the previous (it like a parade of managers that come and go leaving the original company a mere shadow of what they once were. Gee, when did I get all reflective all of a sudden?)

What TPTB don’t understand is that their tired plans are for a world that doesn’t exist anymore. Even good ol’ ideas like Miltonian economics can’t work in a modern society (Engles found that out too. (Seriously, why and where did this come from?!)

Maybe this COVID thing is a coup d’etat by going for the fellows who have to meet in the shadows to carry a virus into their midst?? Hum. One can wish!

Anyway, feel that the original spirit of this country is befouled by greed and selfishness. Which is nearly the definition of a good man living beyond his control (circle of influence).

Maybe those Freemasons were onto something by focusing Brothers on just their own circle of influence instead of globalization (was that the Banks?? Again, too weirdly reflective tonight!)

Not dead but infected with yet another zombie virus that ensures that it lives after killing our representative democracy!

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AstroDog
Well stated AstroDog

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Democracy is an illusion in this country, starting in the last century, certainly after WWII.

If one defines democracy as a system in which the people control the government by way of elected representatives, democracy has been dead for a long time.

Corporations and special interests control the government in this country.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

this is exactly what im talkingabout.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: neo96
Has democracy died?

Poor America.

Rest in pieces.

Which country has done more for this world than the U.S.?

Well you must be no.1 on invasions and government overthrows. My own country could be your closest challenger on those fronts tho.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: vonclod

The knife is poised against the throat of democracy.

You guys sure have worked yourselves up to a lather.

NO we havent, were going off what they have TOLD us they want to do.......I tend to lean to the side of believing someone when they say they want to do something to me, rather than the alternative

Oh, I see, can you cite some sources where they say they are going to cheat..I don't mean right wing sources, I mean straight from the horses mouth, and in context. I have no doubt, there will be some cheating, but not possible to be widespread, and both parties will be pulling antics, or followers of parties will.

You guy had to choose between ubsurd, and more ubsurd..good luck!

I guess by any means necessary excludes cheating now.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

At best we devolved into a democracy because the US is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic. Which means that government is comprised by representatives of the constitutes and have powers limited by law. Sadly that hasn’t been the case since a ways before the Civil War. Some would say shortly after the Revolutionary War ended... but not really because it took some time to adopt the Constitution and a little longer to abandon it.

However, election rigging is far from democracy. More of a Banana Republic hedging between a dictatorship and communism. So Honduras or Botswana on a good day and Uganda or Cambodia when not.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

More of a Banana Republic hedging between a dictatorship and communism. So Honduras or Botswana on a good day and Uganda or Cambodia when not.

All four nations have their own respective issues but none of them can be considered 'communist'.

But I do get the point you are saying and sadly have to more or less agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join