It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw one of the official messages from earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
that was sent into star cluster M13. my question is, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! j/k. I know it was sent in 1974 but it look sooo damnn primitive. I know aliens are most likely to be superior to us or at least advance but:

• What are the odds that they will understand that?

• What if they are not even half as advance as us (meaning another earth somewhere but just 100
years behind us). does that make us the (superior) aliens?

• What if they take that as a threat of some sort or they see it as a act of weakness by looking at our
atari styled message, (i know that this isn't the only one sent) and think were not ready to meet
other life forms.

so just basically wondering here does this help or hurt our cause to find another life. yes i know alot of questions hehee.

but here a link to the message that roaming out there in deep space:

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ir's pretty explanatory what it is to say...and I think they'd understand it...JMHO

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Ir's pretty explanatory what it is to say...and I think they'd understand it...JMHO

Actually there is alot of information encoded in that message such as base and prime numbers / human DNA gene count / Description of earth and it's location in 3 dimentional space in relation to Sagitarious A. + So much more

This message was sent in repeated sequence too

Very clever stuff...

NeoN HaZe

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I also noticed the plans for building a giant sphere that will transport the aliens to the stars...

and something about elvis

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
• What are the odds that they will understand that?

• What if they are not even half as advance as us (meaning another earth somewhere but just 100
years behind us). does that make us the (superior) aliens?

• What if they take that as a threat of some sort or they see it as a act of weakness by looking at our
atari styled message, (i know that this isn't the only one sent) and think were not ready to meet
other life forms.

What if the aliens are all sitting at their 'computers' wishing for alien contact and have their own version of SETI?

What if they sent a message back?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

What if the aliens are all sitting at their 'computers' wishing for alien contact and have their own version of SETI?

What if they sent a message back?

What if they did???

Actually the most scientific approach to sending a message to intelligent post industrial civilisations in our galaxy would be to use Gravitational waves as a medium for transmitting data.

This could be achieved by any civilisation that is situated reasonably close to the central black hole in our Galaxy (Sagittarius A)

They would have to have enough technology to create small singularities and then fire them at Sagittarius A. This would create a Gravitational wave that then entire Galaxy would be able to detect.

We are actually using Grid Computing at the moment to decipher detected Gravitational waves in an attempt to discover any hidden information.

This is really cutting edge stuff and to get your head around the whole Gravitational wave thing you have to understand space-time and relativity.

Anyway...

Time will tell if we are receiving anything... though I doubt they would say anything even if they did find something.

NeoN HaZe...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
They did send a response. It happened back in 2001.

And look where it appeared.

[edit on 3-17-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

That is a Hoax as is any Crop marking more comlex than a simple Circle.

Neon.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you take this image and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise..

it seems to me to share some resembelence to the Tree of Life (Qabbalah)

Link

Do you think this is intentional?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
guy/gals im from this planet and im not your average idiot and i dont understand a thin other then that looks like something i saw in an arcade game once........

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

That is a Hoax as is any Crop marking more comlex than a simple Circle.

Neon.

How do you come to the conclusion that this is a hoax?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

where did this appear, i've never heard of this appearing anywhere, im def leaning towards a hoax as much as id like for it to be true,

does anyone have anymore stories about this?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

where did this appear, i've never heard of this appearing anywhere, im def leaning towards a hoax as much as id like for it to be true,

does anyone have anymore stories about this?

It appeared at Chilbolton, Hampshire. Maybe someone from the area can identify the observatory pictured. It appeared on August 19, 2001 in a wheat field.

The response to our voyager disk was also given. Or hoaxed if you prefer.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

that was sent into star cluster M13. my question is, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! j/k. I know it was sent in 1974 but it look sooo damnn primitive....

Hi w_o_t!!

Whilst I agree the message looks "primative", hwo else could we ever send a message - via radio - to other (possible) civilisations in our Galaxy?

What I mean is that if we "simply" sent text, what language would we use? English, French, German, Urdu.... etc? And would the context of the message be understandable ie translatable into "Andromedan" or whatever the receiving entities might be called?

For this reason, mathematics are often the "language" of choice with such attempts at communication, as it is supposed, for example, that simple additions or sequences would be recognised by any entity "clever" enough to have radio receivers capable of picking up the minute signals that might be detectable many light years away from us.

So, to incorporate "pictures" into radio communications, as the example here shows, whilst appearing to be "primitive" are actually quite sophisticated IMO.

Just my two cents...

AEN

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlfredENewman

Hi w_o_t!!

Whilst I agree the message looks "primative", hwo else could we ever send a message - via radio - to other (possible) civilisations in our Galaxy?

What I mean is that if we "simply" sent text, what language would we use? English, French, German, Urdu.... etc? And would the context of the message be understandable ie translatable into "Andromedan" or whatever the receiving entities might be called?

For this reason, mathematics are often the "language" of choice with such attempts at communication, as it is supposed, for example, that simple additions or sequences would be recognised by any entity "clever" enough to have radio receivers capable of picking up the minute signals that might be detectable many light years away from us.

So, to incorporate "pictures" into radio communications, as the example here shows, whilst appearing to be "primitive" are actually quite sophisticated IMO.

Just my two cents...

AEN

i def agree with alot u say, i would never disagree with that, but who's to say that one of those imagines or messages doesn't have a reverse affect to what were trying to express, like for an easy example we think oranges are well... orange, who's to say that there orange is green. i def think the image of man is universal (at least to me) but who's to say that that image is the exact image of there enemy (yes i know far fetched, but just trying to prove a point here, lol ) or a sign of war. i def think its worth sending out there, but i guess im just thinking of worst case scenario.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

i def agree with alot u say, i would never disagree with that, but who's to say that one of those imagines or messages doesn't have a reverse affect to what were trying to express, like for an easy example we think oranges are well... orange, who's to say that there orange is green. i def think the image of man is universal (at least to me) but who's to say that that image is the exact image of there enemy (yes i know far fetched, but just trying to prove a point here, lol ) or a sign of war. i def think its worth sending out there, but i guess im just thinking of worst case scenario.

Totally and utterley agree with you my friend!

Context and symantics (for two) are so very important in communication: our messages might well be misconstrued - look at this image from Pioneer

spaceprojects.arc.nasa.gov...

We know this represents "us" who sent the space craft - but would "they"?? Perhaps they might think it's an advert for some exotic type of food stuff - and, according to Charles Fort, we are someones meal for sure...

AEN

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
why is it primitive? Its a very small 'file size', making the 'graphics' nicer would just be wasteful. It IDs humanities chemical makeup and position in the universe and what humans look like.

Also, the message is generally pointless. By the time it was broadcast, there were already years of unintentional broadcasts.

On the other hand, its intent is to communicate with Aliens. So an alien civ picking up humanities radio and tv broadcast for a few decades will oneday get this message, and be able to say 'wow, they're looking for us!'

This also brings up an interesting point. If SETI is succesful, the first signals it picks up are going to be stuff intented for other aliens, not information about them to something else. So for a few decades, or even a hundred years, all that seti will pick up will be garbled tv broadcasts and the like.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The response in that field by the telescope. it follows basically the same pattern as the message we sent out. look at the transmitter at the bottom it seems strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'd like to see proof these crop circles were fake to
Is there proof either way?

Granted it seems allmost too good to be true, but still
The alien with the disk is a great crop "circle" though, regardless of who did it.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Weeks ago someone started a thread on this. Maybe doing a search for "chilbolton" will take you there. On that thread I told people to look at the row of planets in the original message --the nine white squares or rectangles below the red human stick figure-- where Earth is singled out by placing it slightly above the row, and then to compare it to the row of planets in the crop "circle", where the following modifications have been made: not only Earth is thus set off, but also the next two planets, Mars and Jupiter, and the latter is depicted as a ring of four dots.

I suggested the following interpretation: it was as though they were saying, "No, not only on your Earth, but also on Mars and on the four Galilean moons as well, can you find life forms."

...but I seem to be delusional, according to some people who know me intimately or who are ATS members, so please don't take this too seriously. However, it does behoove you to take the present disclaimer very seriously.

Mac the Loon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join