It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hairy nipples grow hairier by the day!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Know what really bugs my admittedly magnificent, yet increasingly hairy nipples these days!!

This face mask ruling. Being profoundly deaf (Mumps from a young age) yet fortunate enough to be able to speak and communicate with lip-reading.
I can't perform on any stage to make a bit of cash with everything shutdown. I can't work within an employed job or even get an employer to take a chance as I can't lip-read in any workplace with this whole face mask ruling despite having a half-decent skillset range.

But wait! After contacting the authorities for an answer to this with this so called inclusive government that understands etc... in the hopes of overcoming the problem finally!
Told to simply relax as I am exempt from wearing any face mask?? Also told, sit on unemployment benefits for now, until it is over and please do not stress about looking for a job as it is completely "understandable"!!??

What good is being exempt from having to wear a fricking mask unless im lip-reading myself in a mirror!?

I have waited, and waited, on someone from somewhere mentioning this blackspot of sorts.
But... NOPE! Maybe all the other deaf people are dead?

In Scotland where I am from, apparently 1 in 6 folks suffer from hearing loss (350k
people)!? Never mind the UK as a whole for starters.

www.deafaction.org.uk...

Anyways, I know this is not quite anyone elses responsibility either and not looking for a special hand out or lending of an ear as such. But as a man trying to provide for family to start with this is incredibly frustrating.

Yes I know we are going through this whole "thing" together as I am often reminded when mentioning this to people who can hear.
Yet, inclusive Government will help etc... ummm... NAH! Even if they did, im not looking for help, just looking for the ability to use skills to enable self bill payment.

PS: Yes I have been made aware of the most likely response of "Get people to wear clear masks" - try getting anyone to buy a more expensive clear mask to accomodate "Your individual needs".
Even at that, if everyone somehow did, I still have yet to develop the ability to see through condensation thank you very much.

Anyways, had to vent somewhere I guess. Especially with this countries government soon to be instilling hate speech laws that will mean I no longer will be able to say such evil oldspeak from my dinnertable...

Come to Scotland... great place to be if you have specs but f**k off and die if deaf!!

PS: Hearing aids do not help due to nerve damage. Also, apologies to the Government in case hate speech is backdated. I love you really, always!

PS: sorry for so many PS's im kinda pissed off and it always makes my nipples grow hairier by the day

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Oct 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed age restricted video

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

It’s even worse, brother, because this “thing” we are “going through together” is completely and totally unnecessary. Covid-19 is less harmful than the common seasonal flu.

Sue the hell out someone, when this bullish!t is over.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sucks for me as well.

With tinnitus, I have relied on lip reading to augment my poor hearing.

My new favorite word has become "what?".

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well if it makes you feel better I thought of lip readers immediately. No joking. I don’t even know any lip readers, but I thought right away how bad it would suck if I was a lip reader.
Hang in there, I’m doing my part by refusing to wear one and play their stupid game. Read my lips! No more masks! You will be my new battle cry.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Know what you mean, not personally, but I have a son with a hearing disorder. His ears work, but his brain has trouble processing the sounds accurately. As a result, speech might as well sound a bit like what the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons sound like to him, so masks make it that much worse. We've been a close-caption household ever since he learned to read by his choice. And ever since the mask thing rolled out, he's complained about not being able to see people speak.

He has an easier time with people who have voices he's familiar with, but with everyone else? It might as well be so much background noise for the most part.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I came for the nipples.... then realized what site I am on. What in the world did I just read? My wife teaches reading to many kids with iep. One this year is mostly deaf and reads lips so the wife has to wear a face shield for that student. I am very aware of your struggle -- It is real. And just like everything you overcame to get to this point you will adapt or maybe even carve a new path because you wouldnt be here right now if that wasnt who you are.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Rub some boiled chestnuts on them to get rid of the hair.

1000 Luminari points for anyone who knows the movie reference.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have had a harder time understanding someone when they have a heavy accent.....and there has actually been once or twice where I had to talk louder though I am not deaf.my daughters boyfriend ..his sister is almost totally deaf she talks does sign language and reads lips and it has been harder for her,,,she does not speak as clearly as a regular hearing person does...we were at the store and she was trying to tell me something and I could not understand her..she yanked the mask down so I could.......I totally understand and get you on this.......I just didn't think to make a thread but when I saw yours I had to comment..........

a reply to: Rikku

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Half your luck, most people are not worth listening to these days anyway

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
we usually disagree on here but I just wanted to say...I am sorry your son is going through that and that the masks makes it harder for him....my daughters boyfriend his sister is almost totally deaf and she does not speak as clearly as someone who can hear normally and she reads lips so this has been hard for her.......we tend to yell alot in the political threads but it is nice to see your human side here......you sound like you are doing the best you can for your son and it is obvious that you care very much for him.....

originally posted by: ketsuko
Know what you mean, not personally, but I have a son with a hearing disorder. His ears work, but his brain has trouble processing the sounds accurately. As a result, speech might as well sound a bit like what the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons sound like to him, so masks make it that much worse. We've been a close-caption household ever since he learned to read by his choice. And ever since the mask thing rolled out, he's complained about not being able to see people speak.

He has an easier time with people who have voices he's familiar with, but with everyone else? It might as well be so much background noise for the most part.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Saw your name there "Raggedyman" and made me think of the fact that we are all different people throughout our lives - yeah im a bit of a Whovian at times...

Gotta keep moving... just need to find the space to move again, somehow.

Difficult times for all but that can bring out the best in us, in the end, hopefully.

However, now more than ever, the entitlement that so many feel towards having to be heard... is not compatible with not hearing them in all honesty. Nothing but anger for being unheard... even when you explain you are deaf etc.

Not read other replies, just checking in half-asleep but thanks as I feel just a little less alone for once

edit on 29-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The people who think these measures are actually doing good for society are so far gone there's no helping them... just move to a place where masks are not enforced because when people are given a choice 95% of people do not wear a mask. Masks were never enforced in my state of Australia and yet states like Victoria which do have mandatory mask laws were much harder hit. There is no evidence from any country that enforcing masks had any real affect at all. I feel very sorry for the places which are ruled by control freaks.
edit on 30/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There are only three possible logical conclusions to reach given the facts that you have shared.

1. The people you talked to have a death-wish for deaf Americans and they want you to catch the Wuhan Flu and die.
2. Being deaf somehow magically makes you immune to the Wuhan Flue.
3. This whole thing is a massive mound of bovine feces and mask wearing is a scam and completely unnecessary, ultimately being nothing more than a tool of control and manipulation.

Call in Occam's Razor here, folks.
:
edit on 2020 10 30 by incoserv because: typo, as usual.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Just a side note, a lot of kid's with chest fluff are being swayed by the razer company's whom want to sell there product and the body builders whom have too much testosterone which is then turned into oestrogen in there body's and gives them that silky smooth skin and strange urges.

The fact is hair is there for a reason, it is protective and shaving it off just irritates your skin which in turn causes your body to react by producing even more hair and turning on those dormant skin hair follicle cell's that up until someone took a razer to there skin had lain dormant.

The result is a kid with a few hair's down the middle of his chest turn's into medallion man unless he takes up weight lifting in which case if he then does that to excess it will get silky smooth skin and start to like pink and rainbow coloured T'Shirt's.

The one solution is Zinc which inhibits the hormones that turn Testosterone and other androgen's (male hormones) into Oestrogen and other female hormones but the more testosterone you produce the more oestrogen it will convert into even so, your body is a balance, hairy chests ARE a sign of male virility and natural.

So my advice is to invest in a nice big medallion on a gold chain, splash on the old spice or brute 45 and watch out for girls in woolly sweaters unless you like those Velcro moment's.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The masks are so frustrating. I have a disability where I understand what I hear for a brief moment but have little recall after that. I've always read lips as a way of helping me retain what I hear and really have to read words when I need to retain info. Nothing as bad as what full deafness would be but all these masks really throw me. I've never looked at people's eyes and get nothing from them so I feel so cut off from not seeing the mouth.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Short term memory problem's, many of us develop them later in life but if it affects you when you are young it is a terrible condition, that aside your long term memory is likely superior to most people's, it is a condition that causes learning difficulties, social interaction problems and work and health and safety issues.

Not as serious a problem but I often have to be spoken to many times on a subject before I remember, when revising I had to revise more as a result due to forgetfulness that many folk's mistake grossly as stupidity when in fact you are probably far more intelligent and have had to learn to work around that issue which if they had they would be helpless.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Long before the Doctor was called the raggedyman, another raggedyman existed.
Evidently my fashion sense was not what one would consider contemporary and I became the raggedyman, she even mimicked Tina Turner

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

We've used the hearing exemption a time or three, but it makes him uncomfortable. So we don't tend to use it anymore. Anyway, like I said - with people he's used to, the masks don't matter as much. He's basically like me though, we tend to avoid going out as much as possible just because it's annoying. The downside for him is that he's so social that he really misses being out and about. But with masking, it's not really like being out at the same time.

I did get the school district to get his teacher the clear face shield thankfully. So that hurdle has been cleared.

And understand something -- I may disagree with people here, sometimes even vehemently, but that has nothing at all to do with how much I may or may not like them. I actually like most people here, even the ones I disagree with.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

this kind of goes along with how kids who don't go to school all week, and have to be home schooled 3 out of 5 days, need someone HOME to do the schooling. If a parent must stay home to school the child, it makes going to work a difficult task.
And not something the parent, or the student has any control over, whatsoever.

I have a friend who is deaf and reads lips. I still remember taking him to a Jeff Dunham show, and one of Jeff's first jokes was about how a group of deaf guys were in his audience, and had a confused look while everyone else was laughing. I felt rather dumb at that moment, but it's been a good source of laughter over the years, so well worth it. (Jeff Dunham does puppet jokes-ventriloquist)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join