It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a Crown? A King?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Man has long forgotten the true symbolism of a Crown and a King.

What Good does it do a man to hold dominion over others and be filled with riches?

If All the People haven't as One offered the Title to Another, and this One having found His Own from within his Heart and accept such title, then this Man is no King.

A Crown is of Spirit.
In our world, it would be seen as a Halo, or a light above one's head.

From another point of view, it is a Spiral, much like the Golden Ratio.
Much like our DNA Sequence. Much like our Galaxies, and many things in nature.
Much how Time progresses.

Take any section of such Spiral, and put One end to the Other, and you form a Circle.

A circle could be a prison viewed from one within who lacks the ability to look without.

But for He who knows the spiral for what it is, the Golden Circle allows you to recognize such.
edit on 10/29/2020 by iammrhappy86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Why did you unnecessarily capitalize these words in your post?

"Crown, King, Good, All, People, One, Title, Another, One, Own, Heart, Man, King, Crown, Spirit, Halo, Spiral, Golden Ratio, Sequence, Galaxies, Much, Time, Spiral, One, Other, Circle."

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Because it felt right, and I'm a madman.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ok, Donald.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.

- Zhuangzi

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I think many have forgotten that the God of the Bible tried to talk his people out of appointing a king. He warned them that no good would come from it, and that they would be enslaved if they did so.

Silly kids. They had to have what everyone else had, so they sold themselves into servitude to a man. And we all know the rest of the story.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A crown is a representation of the horns that humans don’t have. The old gods, I am talking really old, had horns and that was seen as a symbol of power. Humans wanted to mimic this so they made a spike hat of expensive stuff.

It is the same with the ring or orb around the head of someone in a painting to show their devine power. It represents symbolically horns. Take Yahweh (YHWH) for example, before being claimed by the Israelites, he was the horned god of the Canaanites.

Horns were associated with power thousands of years ago and crowns were created to mimic them.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Why did you unnecessarily capitalize these words in your post?

"Crown, King, Good, All, People, One, Title, Another, One, Own, Heart, Man, King, Crown, Spirit, Halo, Spiral, Golden Ratio, Sequence, Galaxies, Much, Time, Spiral, One, Other, Circle."

I've noticed Snoop Dogg and a few of my black homies type like this.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You can make a crown out of tinfoil, it does not need to be worth a million dollars, made of gold with precious gems on it.

A wedding ring does not have to be expensive to be legit, in fact, if it is reasonable, it gives the couple more money to start their marriage out....it is a symbol that they are serious about their needs and not their wants. it is a crown on the finger, not a symbol of wealth, a symbol of commitment.

But most times kings wearing crowns on their heads are not committed to helping their people, they are there for the prestige and or power.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
A crown is a representation of the horns that humans don’t have. The old gods, I am talking really old, had horns and that was seen as a symbol of power. Humans wanted to mimic this so they made a spike hat of expensive stuff.

It is the same with the ring or orb around the head of someone in a painting to show their devine power. It represents symbolically horns. Take Yahweh (YHWH) for example, before being claimed by the Israelites, he was the horned god of the Canaanites.

Horns were associated with power thousands of years ago and crowns were created to mimic them.

A professor of ancient near eastern culture told me once that the fetishization of "horns" was based on a mistranslation from one of those ancient languages into another.

Apparently extremely-Ancient Culture X wrote about "beams of light" projecting from the head as a sign of power, and then a few centuries later slightly-less-ancient culture Y mistranslated that as "horns from the head," which then went on to enjoy a lengthy symbolic and devotional career in that part of the world. Make of that what you will.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Some kings even like double crowns (warning: heavy weirdness ahead):

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It’s all a symbol of intention. A living act. Works well so far, (but that’s neither heir nor there).

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Crown....tin foil hat....same thing, most kings are a little delusional.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

That could be true. I am going by memory of several sources I found when working on the background for a satyr character and costume. There are satyrs in some versions of the Bible because of mistranslation.

Horns, beams of light, ether one means the crown wearer is pretending to have powers they do not.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The crown of Japanese Emperor Komei

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A king?
A man, a dictator, an oppressor
Not very much really in my opinion.

A true king is a servant who protects those who are subject to him
Bit like a political leader, a servant, well you know what I mean

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

That could be true. I am going by memory of several sources I found when working on the background for a satyr character and costume. There are satyrs in some versions of the Bible because of mistranslation.

Horns, beams of light, ether one means the crown wearer is pretending to have powers they do not.

It was a symbol of immortality and of the divine, which is like you said.. pretending to possess something that they dont.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

"A king is best when people barely know he exists. When his work is done, his aim fulfilled, the people will simply say: "Look, we accomplished it all by ourselves."

-Lao Tsu

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think many have forgotten that the God of the Bible tried to talk his people out of appointing a king.

Well spotted, surprising for this subforum. People commenting on this forum usually don't know such details about the Bible (or pay much attention to them).

Lacking faith in their invisible heavenly King, Jehovah God, they asked the prophet Samuel to set a visible human king over the nation. Jehovah had given the Israelites judges to lead them, but they wanted a king. They said to Samuel: ‘All the nations around us have kings. We want one too.’ Samuel felt that this was wrong*, so he prayed to Jehovah about it. Jehovah said to him: ‘The people are not rejecting you. They are rejecting me. Tell them that they can have a king but that the king will demand many things from them.’ Even so, the people said: ‘We don’t care. We want a king!’ (1 Samuel 8)

*: Samuel believed in theocracy or God’s rule, and he was very much upset over their request. But Jehovah God said to Samuel: “Listen to the voice of the people as respects all that they say to you; for it is not you whom they have rejected, but it is I whom they have rejected from being king over them.” Under God’s direction, Samuel told the people about all the problems and burdens that having a visible human king over them would bring, but the people persisted in demanding such a human king. (1 Sam. 8:1-22) So God instructed Samuel to anoint such a human king over the nation.
edit on 5-11-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join