It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese restaurants being closed prejudice of the coronavirus of Chinese people in your country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I was wondering about whether the Chinese restaurants are closing up due to fear and the prejudice toward the Chinese and general about the coronavirus coming from China.

Here's an article that I came across and I got me thinking on a conspiracy type minded person.

www.pennlive.com...

edit on 1000000008002020-10-29T04:00:08-05:00000810am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well if I am not mistaken you are based in Japan, OP. Do you see any anti-Chinese COVID sentiment (as opposed to the usual background-level of anti-Chinese sentiment in Japan, that is...)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
No. 1 Chinses stays busy across the street, still better than any fast food chains in the area and they remember my name. Good people, I dont mind giving them business

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The one I go to is still open...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have stopped eating Chinese food - on a diet.

edit on 29/10/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
Well if I am not mistaken you are based in Japan, OP. Do you see any anti-Chinese COVID sentiment (as opposed to the usual background-level of anti-Chinese sentiment in Japan, that is...)

We had one major Chinese place close it's doors. We have a Taiwanese place open .
This town here is not a Chinese tourist destination . Few Chinese live and work here in town.
I have no idea how it is in China Town in Yokohama though.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Nothing like being in a Chinese restaurant and hearing a barking dog bark its final bark as its lets out a quick yelp. That's just a joke really and never happened.

We have several and all still thriving. One was bought out by japanese and its even better. Steak cooked medium, veggies and rice is my favorite. Its insanely good. They don't have dine in and being very paranoid use a small little plexiglass door to pass the food in and out.

I still have not worn a mask in public or anywhere period. I have lived as close to my normal life as possible. If the world all around me is living in some sort of Hysteria I can't change that except by sharing my fearlessness with them when they see me come and go in various places.

I met a guy the other day who had worked with a group of folks on a Saturday all of them handling the same measuring tape all day long. Come Monday this guy comes down with Covid-19 and winds up in the hospital. He did ok until Neumonia set in. It took him 30 days to recover. And none of the others he worked around and is back working with ever got Covid-19. So where did he get it? Why didn't his co-workers get it?
edit on 29-10-2020 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If real, send me the address đź‘Ť

I usually order my Chinese food from "Original #1". You might know it, in Bloomfield, by the little mall where is Dunkin D.

Not gourmet but great for a lazy Saturday with a movie at home. Not cheap but better than regular.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha..we were just talking about that today. A local Italian restaurant/function eatery sourced their meat from dog back in the 70's

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
If real, send me the address đź‘Ť

I usually order my Chinese food from "Original #1". You might know it, in Bloomfield, by the little mall where is Dunkin D.

Not gourmet but great for a lazy Saturday with a movie at home. Not cheap but better than regular.

LOL, sorry, it's not real and I don't eat Chinese takeout. Ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Busier than ever here in my area. But a few restaurants have reported a couple weird calls from people demanding to know if they've been to China before they order.

The busiest one close to me shuts down for 2 weeks every year in March so the owners can go back to China and help their parents. They could have went, but they wanted to play it safe, and when they told people they were upset about not seeing their parents this year, they got flooded with flowers, cards, etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Mine is still open, too...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Have you gotten the franchise set up? This could work better than that pizza one we tried.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1
You're such a macho man
They could have had it and been asymptotic like most people probably are.
Like you said he got pneumonia, my wife had awful pneumonia a few years ago and was bed ridden in the hospital for a week. So if she contracts covid there is a high chance she will be in a bit of trouble.
So for the safety of others it's better to be safe then sorry tough guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Busier than ever here in my area. But a few restaurants have reported a couple weird calls from people demanding to know if they've been to China before they order.

'Res, we have special pangorin pancrake and bat on stick. You try, vely dericious.'

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Every kind of restaraunt is closing. I don't know a single person who is scared of a Chinese person. That's extremely stupid if any one is.
Because the virus started there that means...what? They can get me more sick then a different nationality?

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I don't know a single person who is scared of a Chinese person. That's extremely stupid if any one is.

Right.

Let's see you pick a fight with this guy:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Have you gotten the franchise set up? This could work better than that pizza one we tried.

I was thinking 'Fusion'...perhaps combining our successful pizza joints...with an Asian flair.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I was thinking 'Fusion'...perhaps combining our successful pizza joints...with an Asian flair.

Mmmmm, Kill Room Pizza Spring Rolls.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

You really don't want to share the spot.
edit on 29-10-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join