It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can christans believe in aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm reading a book right now titled The Prophesied End-times by Ronald Weinland. A lot of the details found in the Bible are explained in great detail about the events leading up to the End-Times and why it is going to happen and what to do to prepare. The best thing about the book is that it is free, and can be found at the following link:www.the-end.com

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just one more question. How could christians be persecuted if they're taken away in the rapture? Or would this be a bit before? Or maybe this would be the new christians who converted in the rapture.

That would be really creepy if they had an election for a One World Leader.
I'd be like

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Free prophecy book? Sweet!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, how the rapture happens is that all the true believers are pulled up to Heaven. Not all of the people who are left on Earth are evil. Most are just non-believers - a percentage of which will convert after the rapture. They will be the ones tormented by the demons. The torment is a punishment for not believing the first time around.

Anyone read the Urantia Book before? It was a book religious book supposedly written by aliens and passed down to Earth. It had an interesting section that said that all planets with life had a Jesus figure on them (living and dying) simultaneously.

There are also many who believe that Aliens gave us the Religion that we have today. So, the Aliens might already be religious or Christians.

Just some thoughts anyway…

[edit on 18-3-2005 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was raised Church of Christ, a denomination that follows a strict interperetation of the bible. Since then, I've found myself turned off by organized religion. I brought this up a few years ago when I was still going with my parents. At first it was like speaking to a brick wall, but I think I got some people to open their minds a little bit.

Everything that is in the Bible is there for the people of Earth. It doesn't say "there is no life elsewhere". It just says we were "created in his image". Life on another planet could still be created in "his image" and could very well be a planet of peace. Or a planet of war. Or one of the hostile search for scientific answers. Either way, the bible would have nothing to do with them, because their existence would have been completely different than ours. Or, possibly similar, in which case they would still need a different set of documentation that our bible.

I even pushed it as far as saying "maybe there IS more than one God. It wouldn't be important for us to know, because we would be the Christian Gods pet project. Maybe God has a boss, too". That one wasn't recieved very well.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if someone already made a post like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rp001

I even pushed it as far as saying "maybe there IS more than one God. It wouldn't be important for us to know, because we would be the Christian Gods pet project. Maybe God has a boss, too". That one wasn't recieved very well.

The narrow-mindedness you speak of is exactly the reason why I also lost my faith in organized religion...but not my faith. The God of my understanding is a being of astronomical intelligence- supreme being? Yeah I think so, but he/she is not alone.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe there could be life outside this planet, there's no reason not to. If "aliens" made themselves known, I would really watch to see their agenda.

There's plenty of deception everywhere and adding a alien factor makes it much more complicated. Just call me suspicious...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_believer
Just one more question. How could christians be persecuted if they're taken away in the rapture? Or would this be a bit before? Or maybe this would be the new christians who converted in the rapture.

There will be a removal of christians(the church, the church appears to be a very distinct group of a specific number, and when I say church I am not speaking of any denomination. I am talking about individuals who have placed their trust in Christ alone and what He has done on the cross for salvation) and then there will be those who come to the saving knowledge of Christ during the tribulation.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacho
There's plenty of deception everywhere and adding a alien factor makes it much more complicated. Just call me suspicious...

I believe it is very important to know the truth about "aliens" and have that set in your mind before they come. Because they will come with deception and when someone is being deceived(tricked) you don't know you are being deceived.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Damn I want to meet aliens soooooooooooo bad but the picky little things wont come after me!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Speaking of aliens and religion, I read an interview in which the interviewee proclaims that the "greys" are hatching a plot to deem they were the creators of Christ. This proclamation is to be announced when their presence is finally revealed. This Seargent also goes on to say that these beings have 12--count 'em--12 bases in the U.S. alone. The interview was in a thread but I can't remember where. Interesting stuff though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join