It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can christans believe in aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Is it possible for a christian to believe in aliens? And if so would they preach at them if a landing did occur?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA
That would be classic, seeing a preist go up and "prech the word to a alien"
i thinkt eh alien would just vaporize him with his ray gun...and say "where is your god now?" LoL

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
lol yeah they probably would. But I could totally picture christians trying to evangelize ET's and telling them they need to be born again in order to be saved

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sure. I believe in aliens. Hell I evan think i was abdcuted
Aliens are just another one of Gods great creations in this universe

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Sure. I believe in aliens. Hell I evan think i was abdcuted Aliens are just another one of Gods great creations in this universe

I agree. Im Christian, and i beleive in aliens... i dont care what ones religion is, i think one would have to be a fool to beleive only humans exist in the universe.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
To all you christians that believe in aliens: Why didn't God tell us about aliens? God supposedly created the animals and man...where are the aliens in genesis or the entire bible, for that matter?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
To all you christians that believe in aliens: Why didn't God tell us about aliens? God supposedly created the animals and man...where are the aliens in genesis or the entire bible, for that matter?

Well thats one big thing of free will and intelect
he left those things for us to find on our own
that is if we can make it past 2012

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Exactly... Why would God need to tell us about them? If He was to do that, maybe things wouldnt have gone how He wants them to. Like was said, that has a lot to do with freewill. And if God told us about aliens, i dont think this site would be near as interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sure christians can believe in aliens. All they have to do is admit that they do not literally interpret creation in the bible.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I know if I had a choice I'd way rather believe in aliens than the bible!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If you told ppl back then there were other planets, solar systems, galaxies,suns, moons and how unimaginably huge the universe is do you think they would have believed you?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Religion and christianity is a bunch of hype! Created by humans for humans. The bible doesnt mention aliens for the same reason it doesnt mention dinosours. Because like I said, it was created by man, man back then didnt know a thing about nothing. They thought the world was flat, and didnt even know what was on the other side of earth, so how are they going to know what was on earth before them like a few million years before them, with their microscopic test equipment? HA!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is there an alien on a cross somewhere else in the universe????

[edit on 17-3-2005 by LuDaCrIs]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I believe there are places where "aliens" are mentioned in the Bible. Try Genesis ch. 6. These "fallen angels" will come under the guise of being "aliens" from another planet. I don't know whether they will come as friend or foe. It is there nature to be our foe and God tells us they can also appear as if to be beneficent(2 Cor.11:14-15.)

I also believe they will come to earth again openly. Rev. 12 tells us that satan had one third of the angels(stars) follow him in his rebellion. Revelation 6:13 tells us that these "stars" will fall to earth again during the tribulation period. Revelation 9 tells of "locusts"(demons, fallen angels take your pick) TORMENTING mankind for 5 months and mankind will not be able to die. Later in Rev. 9 there is mention of an army of 200,000,000 that will be loosed. Is this a human army or an additional description of the "locusts" in the beginning of Rev. 9, I don't know but I'm extremely glad I won't be here to experience either.

Going back to later in Ch. 12 we see that satan is cast to the earth. I did a word study along with info from other sources and I found out some amazing stuff. Right now contrary to what we are led to believe satan is not in hell. It appears he along with his cohorts have the ability to travel back between time and eternity. At some point, according to Rev. 12, he will no longer have this ability. He will be cast out into the earth, meaning he will be stuck into time just like mankind. When this happens to him and his followers he will be filled with great wrath because it is then that he knows his time is short. It appears that this is at the midpoint of the tribulation which would mean he has 3 and 1/2 years before Christ literally and physically returns tro the earth.

2 Thessalonians tells us in the end times a strong delusion will come upon the earth that will be so strong that people will believe a lie.

What is this lie, don't know but here's a guess. Jesus who is God walked on water. Peter who is a man walked on water. Angels, good and bad, are between God and man. If a "ufo" landing occurs and creatures from "another planet" exit and say "you know what there is no God, we put you here'. Some will say no way God walked on water. Then they proceed to walk on water to deceive about there being a God. Jesus also raised the dead. What if they bring a "cure" for AIDS, wow they raised those with a death sentence too. Or Jesus fed the multitudes. What if people who have never had enough to eat are suddenly fed to abundance. Or people who have never known want have their abundance taken away. They won't be able to handle it and will follow these who possibly can give them back food.

Some earlier posts are making this subject out to be a big joke. When it actually happens, it won't be a joke, they'll be nothing funny about it.

satan will come with GREAT WRATH, doesn't sound to funny to me.

If anyone wants to know more and even how to escape this, u2u a christian who posts on ats, we will be more than willing to let you know how it can be done and it won't cost a penny, because it's free.

As for preaching to the aliens, they have already made their choice to oppose God and are about the business of destroying what God created, so it would be pointless to preach to them.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While some Christians might say that aliens are merely demons appearing in one of their many available forms, I wouldn't go that far. On the issue of aliens I'm fairly open, you can't say I'm a skeptic but I'm hardly a believer. I don't rule out the possibility of aliens, and if there was sudden proof I wouldn't be half as surprised as a lot of others.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you dbrandt for the long explaination on the tribulation. I'm not a christian (was raised one tho) but I do find Bible prophecies very interesting. And I've been trying to figure out in what order they were supposed to happen; there's a few different variations. Anyway do you think christians will be raptured before the tribulation? I've heard from a few that they will go through the tribulation

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_believer
Anyway do you think christians will be raptured before the tribulation? I've heard from a few that they will go through the tribulation

In a nutshell, since there are other rapture threads, the 24 elders mentioned early in the book of Revelation are the church. They are raptured before the tribulation begins(are we taken to heaven before all bad things, probably not but before the official tribulation period). Whenever they are mentioned they are in heaven. In Revelation ch. 7 there is a great multitude which came out of great tribulation having accepted Christ. There are other places where it also confirms the taking to heaven of believers before the tribulation and that there will be those saved during it.

You should search for the other rapture threads as there is more info in them from those who believe this.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Do Christians believe in aliens? That's how the religion started. Jesus certainly wasn't from Earth, and every Christian knows that. He just isn't viewed as being extraterrestrial, only Divine.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks again dbrandt for responding. Just one more question. How will you know for sure when the tribulation has started exactly? I mean will it start suddenly or kinda gradually?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_believer
Thanks again dbrandt for responding. Just one more question. How will you know for sure when the tribulation has started exactly? I mean will it start suddenly or kinda gradually?

It says a covenant will be confirmed. I would guess that would start it.
There will be sudden events like the rapture and terrorist attacks, but the world has been gradually moving toward this event. I don't know but just some more info to think about. I read a book several years ago called "How democracy will elect the antichrist". I'm rereading it again. When the Berlin wall fell and communism in Eurpoe collapsed democracy came in. Bush wants democracy in Iraq and what really caught my attention was the protests in Lebanon for democracy. Democracy is kinda OK if good leaders are elected, but that isn't always the case. But there really isn't anything Biblical about democracy. The people rule in democracy when the only one who can bring peace to the world is God. God says by peace the antichrist will destroy many. Free elections in a country for a leader are usually peaceful. Could elections for a global leader come, I don't know but it is something to know about and have in the back of your mind.

We knew last November that the ncaa basketball tournament would start in March 2005. The ncaa basketball tournament started today. I have an outline of what is going to happen. Games will be played(some will start on time some will not). Each team will score points, and have fouls and have and cause turnovers. At the end of the game one team will have more points than the other and there will be a winning team and a losing team. But I do not know the precise moments when all these events will take place.

God has set out an outline in the Bible of events that are coming. There will be a specific tribulation period, persecution of Israel, persecution of christians, etc.. Do I know the precise moments these events will take place, no. But in the end there will be a winning team and a losing team also.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join