It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof the Earth is Round NOT Flat!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Turbo, what do you think causes the 9.8m/s^2 acceleration towards earth?? Serious question.

The serious answer is that all objects have mass and density, while air has almost NO mass or density, compared to objects.

You say, 'that is true', but suggest that all objects must be 'held' to Earth, by a force, otherwise, we'd all float around in 'space', which means there IS a powerful 'force' holding us down to Earth's surface! However, it is not so powerful, compared to OTHER forces!

Why would you believe we'd 'float' around in 'space', without a 'force' to hold us down to Earth?

That's what you ASSUME, because objects ARE on Earth's surface, they must be HELD to Earth by some 'force', or objects would NOT be 'held down to Earth', because why would objects BE on Earth, if there wasn't a 'force' that holds everything DOWN to Earth!?!?

Assuming we're on Earth, because a 'force' holds us down to Earth, because Earth is a ball flying through 'space', so there MUST be a 'force', to hold us down to Earth's surface, which is entirely based on Earth being a ball flying through 'space',

You start by believing the Earth is a flying ball, speeding through 'space'. Of course, that's the reason you NEED, you MUST SAY, there is a force, within Earth, 'holding everything down' to Earth!

Earth cannot be anything else but a flying ball in 'space'?

If you believe in the Holy Bible, what does it say about creation, and Earth itself?

You cannot pick parts of the Bible, you think are true, and other parts not true, unless the overall text isn't consistent with some part, or parts, which is true, because the Bible has been corrupted by people, during the past 2000 years.

The conflicts are held up by those who call the Bible a complete fake, because they don't realize it's no longer an original, authentic text, and cannot be taken that way, for any valid arguments.

However, the Bible is very consistent, in it's description of Earth, being created, so life could exist on Earth, and you would agree, as all Christians would agree, it is true....yes?

Most non-Christians believe in God creating a 'universe', an endless realm beyond Earth, and life on Earth, but when Christians, who claim to hold the Bible as God's word, suggest that God created an infinite universe, where Earth is nothing more than a trillion other planets many which have life, as well. Many people believe this is what God created, which is fine.

But anyone who claims to believe in the Bible, as God's word, are also opposing the Bible, when claiming God created an endless universe, where Earth is nothing more than a tiny part of it.

The Bible never refers to, or implies, an endless universe beyond Earth, where other life exists, and whether or not it DID exist, it is not claimed in the Bible, which holds Earth, and life on Earth, as His creations, exclusively. No others were spoken about, in any way, in fact.

Understand the Bible, and follow it's words, or it's not being credible.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Or explain other than gravity why a brick thrown straight up into the air slows down faster than what is attributed to with friction with the atmosphere. Stops. Changes direction to fall back to earth.

That you have no better explanation for gravity than gravity.

No, the person used force to throw the brick up into air, which you seem to believe is an infinite, endless force of some sort, if it was thrown up an inch, or 20 feet high!

When you believe a 'law' that claims objects moving in a direction will keep moving in the same direction, forever, unless another force acts on them, you ignore that the ground, which is NOT a force, stops objects from falling, which proves this law is complete nonsense!

So please explain why the brick stopped falling when it hit the ground, which is not a force? What was the force that stopped the brick from continuing its fall?

There MUST be a force that stopped the brick's fall, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You did not answer his question you avoided it. Dont truly have an answer do you? Oh and the reason the ground stops an object is because it doesnt have the ability to pass through it. If a table is below something the table will stop it unless of course you have a cat. So your argument about needed ing a force to stop a falling argument is true until those objects actually come in contact with one another then the energy has to be distributed. On earth we see this as weight if i were to take a cup place it on a table it will stop on the table. If i place a car on the table the table collapses not being abled to handle the force from the car.

Now to set you straight however taught you the bible was misinformed the bible doesnt state the earth is flat. In fact quite the oppisit. While the Bible authors make occasional poetic references which suggests a “flat Earth”, these instances are clearly written in a poetic or observational point of view. Meaning this was how they talked at the time and by the way they would have known the earth is round.

You want to claim the bible says the earth is flat? First, I just want to make a brief comment as to how ridiculous this claim is. What if the Bible said this: “Thus saith the Lord God: The Earth is flat. I created a flat Earth on a Turtles Back. I also made the sun rotate around the Earth. This is how I did it, and this is how it works.”Nowhere do you see this why? Simple because the bible was never about science it was from the point of view of the apostles.

Job 26:10 poetically describes God inscribing a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness. This boundary is what scientists today call the “terminator.”

The Hebrew word "chuwg" means either circle or sphere the hebrew did not have a separate word for them. To them a 2 D circle and a 3D ball were the same. Context would tell you what they meant. In this passage they clearly using it in respect of being a 3d object since the earth is not 2D. And obviously they used the word chuwg for a reason if he meant flat you would have seen either the word starting with shah-TOO or feminine word sheh-too.

Do not misinterpret poetic prose for literral meaning thats well stupid. Job 37:1, we see Job referring to his heart, “trembling and leaping out of it’s place.” Does this mean we are to literally believe Job’s poor heart leaped out of his chest and flopped on the ground for a minute? No, of course not.

If you need help understanding a passage message me but i assure you no where in the bible does it say the earth is flat.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You did not answer his question you avoided it. Dont truly have an answer do you? Oh and the reason the ground stops an object is because it doesnt have the ability to pass through it.

Correct, there is NO force required to stop objects in motion, like I said.

So why would you claim a force is required to slow down and stop a brick from going upward in air, when you already know objects in motion do not require ANY other force, to stop their motion?

You know the ground stops objects in motion, because they cannot pass through the ground. A brick in air stops going upward, because the original force is a person's arm, it is not an infinite force acting on the brick. NO force can be an infinite power on objects, obviously! We could fire a brick up in air with a cannon, or whatever, it won't keep going up forever, as ANY force is spent, eventually, and the brick slows down, stops, and falls back to Earth again.

A bird can fly because it has little mass and density, and the force is wings for flight above Earth, to overcome it's small mass and density, which are slightly greater than the air's mass and density, but when a force is applied, by a bird flapping its wings, it allows them to fly above the Earth.

Our mass and density are greater than air, and that is why we are on the Earth's surface. Why birds fly, is less mass and density, and wings to fly in air. Humans, and most animals, have far too much mass and density to ever fly, and any wings would be useless, like with penguins, who cannot fly because of their mass and density, despite having wings.

Earth is a fully controlled, protected environment, no force is needed to 'hold everything down' to the surface. Our mass and density dictate that we are on the surface, while birds have less mass and density, with wings, to fly above the surface, and back to the surface, when they don't use their wings to fly.

How could birds fly if a force held everything down to Earth, without ANY resistance against their flight? A small string can hold a bird down to Earth, so the force required to hold down 100 ton buildings to Earth, is less than the force of a little string?!? Get serious!

Real forces are stronger near their sources, and weaker when further from their sources, like magnetic force, for example. You have a fantasy force, which stays the same strength, no matter how near or far from its source!

Except when objects are the FURTHEST POINT AWAY from its source, where it magically turns into an incredibly powerful force, because they needed to excuse for why their rockets veer off sideways, out of sight, lower than a 757, in about 3 minutes! They must gain incredible 'speed' to 'break free' from gravity, which is sometimes a powerful force, when rockets want to go into 'orbit', but it cannot hold a little bird down to Earth, even while it is right by the SOURCE!

A truly amazing force, indeed. It does things which no other force does, while showing how incredibly gullible and brainless people can be!

Your force acts the same way, anywhere, except when furthest from its source, when it becomes immensely powerful, so only objects with extreme SPEED can 'break free' of it's powerful 'grip'. But birds are near the source, and fly without any resistance at all!

It is a ridiculous, absurd story, a fantasy force which solves all problems, which is weaker than a string, more powerful than a rocket, somehow, at the furthest point from its source, and many magical feats beyond that!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Awesome.

There is no gravity because penguins can't fly.

Now here's some more absolute proof that the Earth is a sphere.

The sun sets much more quickly at the equator than at latitudes north or south of it.

Please explain how this is possible in any flat Earth model you choose to believe.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

As far as the forces that prevent solids from passing through solids....

The short answer why solids stop objects
“ repulsive force between the two fermions”

www.sciencealert.com...

Mind Blown! Why Can’t You Walk Through Walls?

www.forbes.com...

It may not matter to your daily life to understand exactly why you can’t walk through a wall. After all, you could try a couple of times and then simply put it on your list of things not to try. But for those who are interested in understanding why things are the way they are, the nature and behavior of solid matter is worth knowing. An object that is experientially solid is actually empty space, filled with forcefields, and inhabited by antisocial subatomic particles that take energy to displace. And it is that required energy that makes things solid. The level of abstraction increases with each tier of understanding. And yet it’s all true and it says something very profound about our ability to understand very non-intuitive things.

Again. Gravity is a weak force, but has a “larger field”. Especially around something like the size of a plant.

The over simplification why objects do not pass through solids under normal day life. Basically because when you start to press objects together, the electrons exert a force that pushes harder against each other the more you press the objects together. Is actually a strong force, but electrons are tiny compared to a planet.

More

Here's The Reason You Can't Actually Walk Through Walls, According to Science

www.sciencealert.com...

As first formulated by Austrian physicist Wolfgang Pauli in 1925, no two electrons in an atom can simultaneously be in the same state and configuration. That is, you can't have two electrons occupying the same space doing the same job. They're a bit like the Highlander - there can only be one.
This is called the Pauli Exclusion Principle, and it applies to all fermions. It also means that atoms are pretty effective at blocking other atoms from getting all up in their space.

This is what makes solid objects solid, and keeps them from passing through each other. But does that mean we can never really touch anything? Well, not so fast.
This is sometimes explained in quantum mechanics as a repulsive force between the two fermions, and the popular science interpretation is that this keeps atoms from touching other atoms. But the way the word "force" is used to describe these interactions doesn't translate to the way the word is used in the world at large.

More here

As a mathematical consequence, fermions exhibit strong repulsion when their wave functions overlap, but bosons exhibit attraction. This repulsion is what the exchange interaction models. Fermi repulsion results in "stiffness" of fermions. That is why atomic matter, is "stiff" or "rigid" to touch. Where wave functions of electrons overlap, Pauli repulsion takes place. The same is true for protons and neutrons where due to their larger mass, the rigidity of baryons is much larger than that of electrons.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I believe people have already posted why objects do not pass through solids in normal daily life for your benefit in otter threads.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Frankly I don't need much explaining of the world around me as long as I have friends since all it does is mocking me.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Now.

The question was...

Or explain other than gravity why a brick thrown straight up into the air slows down faster than what is attributed to with friction with the atmosphere. Stops. Changes direction to fall back to earth.

That you have no better explanation for gravity than gravity.

Then to address your concern of “stopping”. Once the brick falls on to a solid object, the “ repulsive force between the two fermions” stops the brick.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Sorry you have friends that mock you.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Sorry, I don't know by what logic you go but people that mock me aren't friends.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Neutronflux has reading difficulties.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm sure there's demonstrable scientific evidence for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Sorry, I don't know by what logic you go but people that mock me aren't friends.

The earth cannot mock. It can only give or take with indifference. Is that false.

Only people can mock. Is that false.

Only people can be your friends, not the plain and fields of the world. Is that false.

So by default, friends are people that make up the world. Is that false.

So your friends mock you.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Neutronflux has reading difficulties.

Nope. I posted what I posted deliberately.

Deliberately. Its a funny word. It almost has liberty in it. Don’t you think that is strange. In a world where liberty is an illusion. And we think our actions are by our own deliberately minds.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Ok. If I was a troll.

My posts would be used to make a thread off track and dull.

I would make up nonsense and act it witty.

I would use false authority to mock with great liberty.

To place my stand on sentences of crap.

To think I was laying a mental trap.

But in the reality of others people mind.

I play the troll quiet fine.

edit on 9-1-2021 by neutronflux because: What the hell. Wanted to rhyme with troll.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

If you what to use nonsense to detail a thread.

At least take the time,
to make it rhyme ,
when read in one’s head.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Lovely self-aggrandizement.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ok I'm not going to 2nd-grade science to teach you about matter and why objects like your shoes don't go through the ground. Oh and there is a force involved with that its called electrostatic.

Now birds flying have nothing to do with mass or density has to do with lift ,drag and thrust. These 3 things when added together counter weight which is caused by gravity. Starting with the basics air is a fluid like water, however is not a liquid like water. It is called a fluid because the force needed to deform it depends on how fast it is deformed, not on how much it is deformed (try moving your hand quickly, then slowly through a basin of water then do the same in a moving car you'll feel resistance ).

This Is why a bird can fly it is that resistance in a fluid that the bird can gain lift. Two things get a bird off the ground muscles and wingspan this is why penguins can't fly their wings are too small and the muscles too slow to create lift.

I suggest learning about lift before using it in future gravity discussions.

Now lets discuss gravity without it flight becomes impossible Now here is a friend of mine i met attending a lecture at MIT and she is going to talk to you about gravity and you can even replicate her experiment and maybe learn what I was telling you about zero G.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Lovely self-aggrandizement.

Wrong again.

Please cite whereI was replying to myself.?

Who were those replies to. Addressed to who?

You bubba.
edit on 9-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join