It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Account verification Pothole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
About a year ago my phone broke. I decided to change providers and numbers. (Vehicle warranty). When trying to link my yahoo to my phone. Yahoo was in the process of wanting me to verify through text message to a phone that was broke...

Yahoo told me to just make a new account...imagine my surprise when the secondary email to my yahoo was hotmail... yeah... what was wrong with me lol.

So I decided to forget about it and move on with my gmail.

Then one day Bf5 stopped working. Back when I made the account with bf3 on the ps3. I used my yahoo. Now ea wants to verify my account.

First I went to yahoo one more time. They added a paywall. Now they are dead to me. I do kind of understand it. But the thier hacks dont make up for it.

Then I talked to ea. They wanted information that I couldnt possibly have. I brought these games years ago. They told me to talk to PSN.

PSN tried to unlink the ea account but were unsuccessful. I was to the point where I wouldn't mind starting over if it gets me to play thier games.

To think that I would be locked out of playing a companies games because of this rare occurrence. I even had the thought of making a new PSN just for EA games but c'mon. That wouldn't be worth it.

Now going back to ea. With a bit more help and right wording I guess. They were finally able to send that verification to my new email. Kept all my things.

Now I have minecraft. I tried once to get them to help but have been unable to. I've bought thier game so many times. I dont want to do it again. They talk through email and is a bit slow.

I'm so unaware of what other problems are going to come up with this problem. I think ubisoft with assassins creed and xbox which I dont own no more is also with my yahoo. But that may only be the tip of the iceburg.

Does anyone else have this issue? I can't be the only one.
edit on 13-10-2020 by TheGhoul because: to add more

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have this issue every now and then, but I don't care too much about video games, and most services I use it doesn't matter if I just make a new account.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I'm just glad so far it only games. Sometimes I wish it was that easy.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

The only inconvenience I've had is when Flickr transitioned from having to use a Yahoo e-mail to any e-mail. For whatever reason when I went to log in afterwards it created a new account and it wouldn't let me access my old account. After weeks and then months of e-mailing Flickr's support team I gave up. They apparently either couldn't or wouldn't work with me and give me access or delete the old account.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

You'd think accounts perpetually in limbo would be a waste of server space.

It's also hard to find good help now a days

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Well, I know Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft delete accounts after a certain amount of time.

top topics

join