It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Robert Blake walked out of court a free man Wednesday after a jury acquitted him of the murder of Bonny Lee Bakley, his wife of six months and the mother of his 4-year-old daughter. The panel also found him not guilty of solicitation of murder, but were unable to reach a verdict on a second solicitation count, which was subsequently dropped.

news.yahoo.com
LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, bringing a stunning end to a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill Bonny Lee Bakley, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge. The jury voted 11-1 in favor of acquittal and the judge dismissed the count.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" dropped his head, trembled with emotion and sobbed heavily as the verdict was read. He hugged his lawyer and later almost fell while reaching for a water bottle.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I am sure Blake is happy over this, I still have my doubts. Is this perhaps another example of O.J. Simpson justice? By that, I mean did his money buy his freedom? If so, I feel it is wrong.

Some even think his acting ability may have helped him get off, who knows?

Frankly I have some very mixed feelings about this verdict.

Related News Links:
www.freep.com
archives.cnn.com

[edit on 3/16/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Interesting not one comment of this story, yet the Scott Petterson thread recd a few replies.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This was an ATSNN news topic yesterday with heaps of replies. Some of them got burned off when whatever happens to "submissions" happened to that "submission".

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Robert Blake got "lucky"

There was not enough evidence pointing to him, so he got off. That's not to say that he didnt do it.

I've been wondering, when they read the verdict and his eyes rolled back in his head, i wonder who he thanked privately? Do you thank God if you murdered someone but got off on technicalities? I couldnt do it. I'd be afraid of being struck by a bolt of lightning on a sunny day.

Anyway, whatever, luck was on his side.:dn
And the $10M he spent on lawyers helped immensly too)

[edit on 17-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This was an ATSNN news topic yesterday with heaps of replies. Some of them got burned off when whatever happens to "submissions" happened to that "submission".

Yes I know it was and I submitted the story and just received a u2 telling me it was moved to this area.

My point there were no replies to the thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I responded yesterday, I remember John Nada and several others did too.

"I know because I am there" (obligatory Lost Highway reference).

Do you think people ought to respond more than once?

Interesting also how "little" coverage that other trial is getting.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I responded yesterday, I remember John Nada and several others did too.

"I know because I am there" (obligatory Lost Highway reference).

Do you think people ought to respond more than once?

Interesting also how "little" coverage that other trial is getting.

Well I did find one mention in BTS that was orignated approx 1 hour after I started my thread. here is the search results. Odd there are not tons or as you put it I think you said several. Perhaps less then 10 replies to both threads as you can see and only one ATSN submission which was mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Blake didn't pull the trigger. There was no gun powder
residue on him at all. He was tested just hours after the
murder. However ... he definately could have hired
someone. The state just couldn't prove the that he hired
a hitman.

top topics

join