It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt - Part Two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
For "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt - Part 1" - www.belowtopsecret.com...

Witness #1, Random christian woman.

The prosocution calls Barbara to the stand.

Barbara swears on the bible......

Prosocuting Attorney: "Barbara, I am sure you have no idea of why you are here. Please try to answer as truthfully as possible. Do you consider yourself to be an average, or typical christian woman?"

Barbara: "Yes"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Ok, last sunday, did you attend church services?"

Barbara: "Well, no, I didn't."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Why not?"

Barbara: "Well I have an infant child, and I thought she sounded sick that morning. She had been up several times the night before. I figured she would be crankey, and it would be best that I keep her out of church."

Prosocuting Attorney: "I see. So, you were afraid that the baby may cry?"

Barbara: "Yes, thats correct"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Doesn't your church have a cry room?"

Barbara (Pauses for a brief moment before responding): "Yes, actually it does, but I guess that really wasn't the reason I didnt go all together. I mean, I thought she was sick, and I didn't want to take her out. It was chilly that morning."

Prosocuting Attorney: "I understand. You were doing what the you felt was best for the baby, Correct?"

Barbara: "Yes"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Now Barbara, please remember you are under oath here. You said a moment ago that the baby had been up several times during the previous evening. Was the reason you did not go to church related to you not getting enough sleep the night before?"

Barbara: "Well no, not exactly. My daughter was sick the next morning. I guess I was a little tired, but that wasn't the main reason."

Prosocuting Attorney: "But it was a reason, correct?"

Barbara (Again, pauses, and is visibly getting agitated): "Well I guess it was part of it"

Prosocuting Attorney: "So by your own admission, you did not attend church because your daughter was sick, and you were tired. Now, again, I remind you that you are under oath. Are you telling me, that you chose your own well being, and the well being of your child, over going to church?"

Barbara: "I guess so"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Would it be safe to say that you chose the well being of yourself and your child, over your god?"

Barbara: "NO!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "I see. According to the Bible, Sunday is the "Sabath" day. A holy day for god. You do not feel that you were considering your own well being first and foremost above god. Who exactly were you looking out for on sunday?"

Barbara: "I don't need to continue answering these questions. You are trying to make me stumble on my words"

Judge : "Witness, answer the questions. Prosocuting Attorney, you better be going somewhere with this."

Prosocuting Attorney: "You are under oath Barbara. Were you considering your own well being and the well being of your child over going to church that day?"

Barbara (very aggitated): "Yes, but I love god."

Prosocuting Attorney: "You love god. Well, I will ask a more specific question then. The bible contends that you hold the will of god higher than anything in your life, including children. Do you love god more than your child? Remember you are under oath"

Barbara (again, pauses): "I guess, well, I don't know. Yes. I love him more."

Prosocuting Attorney: "So if god asked you to sacrifice and kill your child for him, you would do it?"

Barbara (answers immediately): "God would never ask me to do that!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "According to genesis, from your bible, god has asked people to do that as a test. Please, answer the question, would you or wouldn't you kill your child if your god asked you too!?"

Barbara: "My God would neve.....!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "He has done it in the past!! Answer the question Barbara! You are under oath! Would you or wouldn't you kill your daughter!?"

Barbara (begins to wail out loud): " WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA I cant here you I cant here the evil please god make it stop!!!!"

(Large group of people in the courtroom start getting restless and talking under their breaths)

Judge: "ORDER!! (Slams gavel) "Order in the courtroom!!!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!"

Barbara (Crying uncontrolably): "No....sniffle, I would not kill my daughter for god.... sniffle"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Relax Barbara, its ok now. You said earlier in the questioning that you considered yourself to be a typical christian. Do you still consider yourself to be a typical christian?"

Barbara: "sniffle, yes"

Prosocuting Attorney: "No further questions your honor."

Judge: "Defense, your witness"

Defense Attorney: "Barbara, do you live a decent life? In other words, do you feel as if you do what it takes to...get into heaven?"

Barbara: "I try to...sniffle"

Defense Attorney: "So, you love god?"

Barbara: "Of course......sniffle"

Defense Attorney: "No further questions your honor"

Continued Part Three - www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/16/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ignorance attacks christianity again.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Again, it must really hurt you...really...im sorry.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
how come everyone has to attack christianity. why not islam or judism? or is that not PC?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
how come everyone has to attack christianity. why not islam or judism? or is that not PC?

Please refer to Part 1.......

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think you might wind up to be a pretty big Christian someday, Seapeople. For some reason, a lot of the extremely anti-christian people wind up to be really influencial Christians themself. My old pastor actually was one himself. When he was younger, he actually set out to completely disprove the bible. While reading it, he began to believe it. He became a Christian, and the rest is history.. Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I would argue that what you describes is not the case herman. You see, a fundamental flaw that a lot of people have is their inability to take in all data. They only retain memory of what stands out.

If 50 thousand athiests stayed athiest, and one athiest changed his ways...the odd ball will always stand out. Herman, check your sources, and I assure you, that not only do the majority of those against christianity stay that way, but the reason you brought this up is from your own flaws, and lack of reason.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Heheh...Poor Barbara. Look what you have done to her! What an angry prosecuting attorney

"ANSWER THE QUESTION"

However, you are painting the characters very 2 dimensionally. Even if Barbara wouldn't kill her child for God, she still would have said she would. How would anyone have taken her up on that?

I would like seeing someone take up the role of the defence attorney. Not that I think anyone would accept the position though, considering your contempt for Christianity.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have been told I should do that by someone else too. I thought about it before I started this thread. The problem is, that once you introduce an actual person besides me, then you need everyone to be role played.

I am though, going to encourage a defense just as a regular trial would have. The prosocution calls its witnesses, and presents its case first. After the prosocution rests, which means calls all its witnesses and closes, then the defense presents its case.

I encourage that to occur after I rest this case.

After which, I encourage people to take a strong look at what they have been presented here from both sides.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a day late and a dollar short on this one..still i must chide in..jesus lives inside of us! A church building made by man means nothing! we are the temple of the holy spirit,,,so if you go you go! if you dont you dont! wheres your heart at? thats the issue...

top topics

join