It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a product of evolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I think single celled organisms are conscious

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I don't even think neuroscientists understand consciousness fully. The best thing I have ever read is something close to how a transistor oscillates and emits energy.

But nothing wrong with crazy ideas.

Brainwaves being measured in hertz and the phenomernon of (allegedly) being able to hear the clicks of a radar scope while standing in front of the dish suggests consciousness operates or is accessible within the electromagnetic spectrum.

Those oft mentioned "Extremely Low Frequencies" most associated with the ionosphere.

If you really want to get all trippy and new age you will fall down a rabbit hole inhabited by the likes of religious and literary archetypes like Mother Abigail, remnant voices of the dead, some agent in a van/the neighbor's dog, telepathic ETs, and the clarvoyant cook at the overlook. All mixed together in a massive unconscious web of information to be received by the diodes in your brain.

If crazy is true I feel it still takes the meat receiver to "tune in" and that the "channels" exist because of..

* However, there are many that subscribe to a "master consciousness", which is in line with what you propose. Experienced like a metaphysical Google. A direct line to the be all end all.

Along these lines:

edit on 8-10-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Back when I was doing the God thing I thought of god as this as In order for a God to have created it all He would need to be it all as well .
BUT Gods demon's angles aliens are ALL mute and Don't speak for them self .

The bible describes Meteors Hitting city's ( fire and Brim stone To primitive man who could not Immange rocks from the sky it was angry gods .

Humans are ONLY slightly smarter then chimps just enough so we can screw thing up in more complicated ways .
Humans Like every other animal react by emotions more then Intellect .

Emotion makes it so Instead of compromising you Fight like two Gorilla's seeing who gets to be in charge .
If Humans werea product of a God we would not be quite so irrational .

Besides The God of the BIBLE was very concerned about The other gods him self .

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Back when I was doing the God thing I thought of god as this as In order for a God to have created it all He would need to be it all as well.

Let's rephrase that notion to see if you can spot the logical flaw with it. So basically that is the notion that:

God = all (or let us go with 'everything that exists', shortened to 'everything'; similar to pantheism or a form of pantheism)

Then the earlier notion that "God ... created it all" = God created everything. Since we've already gone with 'God = everything', that is thus the equivalent of saying, God created God (Himself, which = everything). Or to phrase that slightly differently to make it even more clear that that is what it boils down to: 'God created everything (which = God, thus God created Himself)'.

Note what the man below says about the notion of 'X creating X' (you can fill in everything for X, such as God or as in the philosophy he's responding to, 'the universe creating the universe/itself')*:

Can you now spot what is logically wrong and incoherent about the notion of God/everything(X) having created God/everything(X) as explained at 2:15 - 3:37?

*: I'm not using the / as a mathematical symbol, no need to divide. I tend to use the / when I'm using synonyms, words that basically mean the same or almost the same thing. So mathematically, that should be =. Or you can read it as "or" because I'm applying what you said as explained in more detail before (not that "everything" is actually a synonym for "God", but that's how the notion you expressed works out if you logically follow it through).
edit on 9-10-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I don't even think neuroscientists understand consciousness fully. The best thing I have ever read is something close to how a transistor oscillates and emits energy.

But nothing wrong with crazy ideas.

Absolutely, I'm leaning on the idea of emergent consciousness which isn't a slam dunk, however it seems to be the most likely IMHO and of course I have no reason to trust MHO.

I'm just an atheist looking for plausible God's.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Is God a product of evolution?

No. It's a product of imagination.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

So humanity can evolve consciousness but anything on a larger scale cannot?

Everyone is so sure of something that billions have died arguing over.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Anything can evolve, be it consciousness or otherwise. The concept of "god" is man-made.
Specifically religion. It's a means to an end. A control system.

This is my opinion. It is not based on facts or evidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

Anything can evolve, be it consciousness or otherwise. The concept of "god" is man-made.
Specifically religion. It's a means to an end. A control system.

This is my opinion. It is not based on facts or evidence.

You refuse to believe.
I do too.

I'm trying my best not to be a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
Nope- god is your creator and you will meet him as friend or foe one day. we all will. what does the bible say about mans intellect?
1 Corinthians 1:18-19 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

it indeed takes as much faith to believe something came from nothing( evolution has a starting point), then to believe god made the heaves and the earth and all that reside in it. He will not force anyone to comply. You will end up where you choose.

I wonder how much time (or something) passed before god decided to create the heavens and the earth.

My understanding is that God is eternal but that the heavens and the earth are not. What did God to occupy itself before he made the heavens and the earth?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Time didn't exist before he made the universe so there wasn't time he needed to keep himself occupied with.

Or her, or Zim or xobnofujhafdh.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yes...
Human evolution progressed to self awareness and finally with the manifestation of imagination and the comprehension of mortality.

This is as likely as the terminator robot coming to be by random chance. It would never happen. Not even in a trillion years. Intelligent systems do not come from unintelligent functions. Even if given infinite time, a task that is truly impossible would never happen. Us intelligent humans can barely program the slightest glimpse of self-awareness in robots, let alone the stark impossibility of self-awareness coming to be by random chance.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

You are incapable of understanding 100 years.

Why do you think you can handle billions?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You are incapable of understanding 100 years.

Why do you think you can handle billions?

Evolution hides in this sort of ambiguity. It assumes a vast amount of time and uses that as its magic wand to say "anything could have happened in that large allotted timeframe". But Intelligence cannot come from something unintelligent. A macbook computer can not come to be by random chance. Us intelligent human supercomputers and all our intricate neural networks could not have been wired by random chance. It's a silly theory.

edit on 10-10-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Time didn't exist before he made the universe so there wasn't time he needed to keep himself occupied with.

Maybe not time as we know it but ...

If God is eternal and the heavens and earth are not than a period of something existed between the two.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That's a fair point.
How much effort have you put into proving yourself wrong?

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Maybe not time as we know it but ...

If God is eternal and the heavens and earth are not than a period of something existed between the two.

The idea I'm putting forward is proof of God not being eternal.
He coulda created stuff bit he is as ignorant of is parenthood as we are.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The idea I'm putting forward is proof of God not being eternal.
He could have created stuff but he is as ignorant of is parenthood as we are.

edit on 10-10-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So if our neuron connections can create emerging consciousness, and the universe is similar then it's plausible the universe has consciousness also.

Consciousness comes from the Creator as your spirit. The spirit of every living animate and inanimate form cnosists of a consciousness. In other words all living matter has life and life is consciousness. Consciousness does not come from any substance of this universe nor can it create its own likeness.

If this is correct then yes the universe does have consciousness but is as limited as all other matter. The universe does not have freedom of action such as an animate form is given. Consciousness is spiritual in its existence as animate forms but inanimate forms do not have an everlasting spirit whereas animate form all have an everlasting spirit [consciousness]. The universe will one day perish and in its demise the consciousness of the universe will also perish. Man/woman will also perish but their consciousness is everlasting.

To prove somewhat of what I say, Adam was a created form without consciousness. He then received his everlasting spirit [consciousness] and became a living soul. The trees were inanimate forms of life [consciousness] but were not given everlasting freedom of action or thought.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join