It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Meh

JBurns

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: frogs453

Well if the rangers have made the determination, they clearly have a better picture than anyone of us. Of course nobody I even remember this in a week, and if it has not made it viral than the entire operation could just be a staged production,arrested officer and all.

Sometimes the easiest way to kill a psy op after it had been exposed is to simply expedite the results. Without the typical terrorist media blasting it out 24/7 I just getsuspicious.

-Worldstarcountry

The reason it would not go as viral as others is because an investigation was done and the cop is being charged. It's similar to people who always get riled up and say.." but no one protested the white woman shot by a cop in Minnesota!"... no they didn't because he was arrested and is in prison. This is how the Justice system is supposed to work.

It may be up to a jury but at least the process has been started. Should it have even have happened in the first place? No.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Why do you insist on signing your name after ever post?

Just my way of showing that I am proud of every post I make. I've done that since before ATS.

My opinion might not be popular, might not even be right... but I can take pride in the fact that I at least try to think through every single post (even when joking around). My signature reminds me to do that; my name is on the line.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The officer has been arrested.

Good. Let justice be served, as close as we can get at least.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Tragic end to what seems to be an upstanding citizen within his community.

I'd like to know more about this cop that shot him. Besides being a complete idiot, and 100% insensitive to trends, why in the world would you shoot the man? Ego? Anger issues? Racist?

I hope the community can somewhat console his family and find a way to heal from this.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Why do you insist on signing your name after ever post?

Just my way of showing that I am proud of every post I make. I've done that since before ATS.

My opinion might not be popular, might not even be right... but I can take pride in the fact that I at least try to think through every single post (even when joking around). My signature reminds me to do that; my name is on the line.

TheRedneck

Admirable. I'll say it again, as I know I've said it before. We don't agree on a lot but I always respect your opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Thank you.

I'm honestly surprised that in all of these 13 and a half years here, galaga is the first to mention it. I signed my first post on ATS, and I just now signed the last one to date. I have also signed every one in between.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

He appears to be a "really good guy".

Yet he was assauting a woman.

These two statements don't seem to go together well.

Don't know anything about the case and not saying the cop was in the wrong but unlike too many people I don't automatically side against the police.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

He appears to be a "really good guy".

Yet he was assauting a woman.

These two statements don't seem to go together well.

Don't know anything about the case and not saying the cop was in the wrong but unlike too many people I don't automatically side against the police.

Yes, obviously you know nothing of the case, he was NOT assaulting a woman, some other dude was and he broke it up

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink
Great post on training. We need more funding for police training and that means physiological assessments on officers who’ve been on the job too long and those who haven’t been on the job long enough. Like you said, it took me 5 years for an engineering degree and we take these guys out of high school or the military and give them 6 weeks of training and give them a gun.
I support our LEOs but dam sometimes they can’t get out of their own way. Take funding from homeless ( I saw the budget for California homeless and it’s larger than 15 states COMBINED!) and get our LEOs trained. I saw a study where cities would rather pay lawsuits than train their officers because it’s cheaper. That’s bull#e. They need to serve the community not worry about lawsuits.
I train at the local police range 3-4 times a week and I hardly see our local police there. They need to be out there. They need real-time crisis training too. I see a lot of officers with attitude and that can be trained out also.
It’s a thankless job, lots of stress and not enough training.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Jesus H. Christ, how hard is it to read a short Original Post and get the facts straight.

TheRedneck

Oh, wait.....

DBCowboy

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well at first the post was NOT very clear and Even I thought he was the assaulter But of course I read more then a few lines so eventually I found out this GUY was STOPPING a assult .

All I Do know FOR a fact Its NOt just this one man Its not just one bad or even stupid cop .
BUT IF it was JUST ONE bad cop That would equate TO 1000S Of life's destroyed even ONE bad cop as there are cash Of 300 500 cases Being reversed Long after the people are jailed because ONE cop faked 100 S of arrest .

So yes even one is To many .

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

But since we can only punish crimes after the fact (by the nature of crimes...) this seems objectively proper to me.

The investigation could not establish a reasonable grounds for the use of deadly force. He has been charged criminally. Innocent until proven guilty by the jury he will go before.

This was handled textbook.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

But since we can only punish crimes after the fact (by the nature of crimes...) this seems objectively proper to me.

The investigation could not establish a reasonable grounds for the use of deadly force. He has been charged criminally. Innocent until proven guilty by the jury he will go before.

This was handled textbook.

Mark this date down. You and I actually agree! I think it's the first time it's happened. I'll try to remember this the next time we argue.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
so many sick minds on this site. make ATS great again. smh

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

He was stopping the fight poop brain

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The 1984 double speak translation says your thrilled to have this talking point. Gross.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join