It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The clear winner: Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen's website crashed during the debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm hoping the moderate Republicans dump the party of crap that they are presently in and join the sane people in voting Libertarian. They Republicans can keep the religious wackos and right wing loonies.

The biggest issue with having a Libertarian POTUS is the entire rest of of congress and administrations would also have to be switched and hold Senate and House majority at the same time or it would be a complete $hitshow.

It would have to be a nationwide movement on a scale never seen before.

I have held a small belief that Trump was put in place for just such a thing to occur. Turn enough people off on both sides to get everyone to hate the current 2 party system, enough so to motivate folks to vote them all out.

He doesn't care who comes in next.....he isn't a politician and doesn't rely on being in politics for money, unlike all the other career politicians. I actually believe he is trying to give the government back to the people, but not to make a super strong GOP. He is showing the bias and corruption on both sides.

Trouble is that folks like Bernie will also be going for it and they are heavily tied to current politicians.

I think, if Trump can get it done in the next 4 years, that we will see a movement towards a more center party that the majority of both sides could get behind.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Ross Perot is how we ended up with the Clinton machine in power.

If he would have run a better campaign he very well may have put the election to the Congress by pulling down a healthy chunk of the Electoral College. I knew he couldn't win but it would have set the tempo for more Third Party candidates to believe they had a shot.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
The biggest issue with having a Libertarian POTUS is the entire rest of of congress and administrations would also have to be switched and hold Senate and House majority at the same time or it would be a complete $hitshow.

I would rather have that than the status quo, maybe the other two parties would finally have to learn to negotiate in god faith.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The only reason it's come to this is Democrats and the left crapping on everybody, sorry, but it's the truth.

Had a peaceful transition ever occurred, the convosation would be much better.

You can't deny those very basic facts.

Trump didn't start anything and didn't do anything but win, the rest? You figure it out.

edit on 1-10-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's always been the top argument for a third party presidency.

I was ready to support Jesse Ventura back in the day. But I wasn't a citizen yet and couldn't vote when he ran.

I wasn't a US citizen for Ron Paul either. In 2016 I was mostly in the bag for Rand Paul. Hopefully he runs again after Trump is out of office.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I wasn't a US citizen for Ron Paul either. In 2016 I was mostly in the bag for Rand Paul. Hopefully he runs again after Trump is out of office.

I would fully support him if he was a little more Libertarian in some of his views, he's not as bad as most.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I like him precisely because he's not that libertarian.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Fair enough my friend.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Fair indeed.

I think Rand Paul could be a uniting individual for sure. A good candidate for everyone. Maybe not an ideal candidate for everyone, but certainly a fair one.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Let's see what happens, if Biden/Harris win, which I think is likely, they'll screw the pooch, maybe Rand can pull in the moderates and try to get us in a better direction.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Are you anti-10th Amendment?

Is prostitution victimless? Tell that to the minors snatched off the street and injected into prostitution. Why not delegate to individual states to decide, and regulate?

Would you want your daughter or son to be operated on by an unlicensed surgeon? Or, have a bridge built by an unlicensed structural engineer serving as project manager? Why not delegate to the states to license and regulate?

If your elderly sole-surviving parent was left to defend for him or herself owing to no living relatives, would you want a charity responsible for his or her care and safety? Why not have tax-payer funded programs available to support independent living by that parent?

Do you support unrestricted migration across national borders?

I was quite curious about the Libertarian Party in the past, until I began a deeper dive into its history (nearly 50 years and only a single representative in Congress?), and current platform.

Too much infringement on states rights in the platform for me, but good luck to your candidate(s).

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Are you anti-10th Amendment?

Is prostitution victimless? Tell that to the minors snatched off the street and injected into prostitution. Why not delegate to individual states to decide, and regulate?

That is such a stupid argument, that isn't prostitution, that is child abuse and sex trafficking. Two ADULTS engaging in mutually agreed upon sex for money shouldn't be illegal.

edit on 1-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hope something happens soon or else its gonna be AOC vs. whatever 90 year old white man the Repubs can dust off in 2024.

Only way Libertarians get in power is through governerships or congress.

Or, they could just pretend and play gotcha once elected.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

yip. Sucks ... because unfortunately Ross's ego and emotions got in the way of his campaign. I voted for him twice though, regardless. No regrets.

Edit to add: since I live in Illinois, I am very strongly considering voting for Jo this go - around, fyi. Illinois will go blue no matter what, because duh - Chicago is a problem that cannot be fixed.
edit on 1-10-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added the edit

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
yip. Sucks ... because unfortunately Ross's ego and emotions got in the way of his campaign. I voted for him twice though, regardless. No regrets.

It wasn't even that, he quit and then got back in. He had some serious momentum and a solid platform but just bailed leaving everyone frustrated.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Too many people don't understand this !!

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

Not coupled with what Vasa said above.

No. not if Republicans vote for Jo J this time, because that will insure a Biden win, and then the left has control and guess what? They will make it impossible for any other party (including. Republicans) to win ever again.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
No. not if Republicans vote for Jo J this time, because that will insure a Biden win, and then the left has control and guess what? They will make it impossible for any other party (including. Republicans) to win ever again.

We were discussing 2024.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

We were discussing 2024.

I know. I’m saying that if you and others vote for not Trump, it’s a vote for Biden, and if he wins, there won’t be the ability anymore in 2024 to get another candidate in. Not overtly, but they will pass laws, etc, that make it next to impossible.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I know. I’m saying that if you and others vote for not Trump, it’s a vote for Biden...

Oh, well, I stopped voting for the lesser of two evils awhile ago. I like being able to sleep a night knowing I didn't help give a human piece of s*** the most important job in the world.

<< 1    3 >>

join