It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arctic hasn't been this warm for 3 million years...Really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Arctic hasn't been this warm for 3 million years – and that foreshadows big changes for the rest of the planet...

news.yahoo.com...

Okay, would someone please tell me how do they know what has transpired in the past 3 million years? We don't even know what transpired yesterday. I get such a kick out of headlines like this...There is only theories about any of it and yet they spout it like it is a "matter of fact"...Seriously? When was the last time anyone was at the Artic that can verify what happened in the past 3 million years? Since satellites began taking measurements...according to this article 42 years ago....How does that matter when contemplating the temperatures for 3 million years? Are you going to tell me scientifically that there has not been a time in say the past 10,000 years the Sun has not warmed up that part of Earth...That the magnetic flips that occur with regular intervals has not increased the temperature in the Arctic in the past 26,000 years?

Every year, sea ice cover in the Arctic Ocean shrinks to a low point in mid-September. This year it measures just 1.44 million square miles (3.74 million square kilometers) – the second-lowest value in the 42 years since satellites began taking measurements. The ice today covers only 50% of the area it covered 40 years ago in late summer.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

I can tell you what it is. It is lies. Lies for more funding and to push depopulation of the human race.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Speaking in terms of my local weather, this has been the most pleasant and mild summer I have ever experienced. I am sure you can find someone somewhere that claims the opposite. Weather is fluid and chaotic. It really doesn't seem to care about us humans. Sure we are a factor in some sense, but the end result will be corrected or destroyed by mother nature at some point and that is what the transhumanist hate the most. They all believe they are so intelligent that they can control nature. I feel sorry for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, last I visited about 2,500,000 years ago, it's was a mite colder than it is now, I'll tell ye. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh that's easy, they get the information from ice-core samples and when they find a gap in it (no ice) it was obviously too warm for that given time period.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It’s all bullcrap to manipulate people into giving up their money and their rights through fear and intimidation. According to these climate idiots the world ended 20 years ago. I don’t even pay attention anymore.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It’s all bullcrap to manipulate people into giving up their money and their rights through fear and intimidation. According to these climate idiots the world ended 20 years ago. I don’t even pay attention anymore.

Don't forget, we ran out of oil as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Climate-scientists, are special majik scientists.
They can tell what happened 3 million years ago, with their majik crystal-balls.

Who's gonna be able to prouve them wrong ?

No. No. It's not BS.
Just ask them !

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Don't forget, they couldn't make a hurricane racist, no matter how hard they tried.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

There isn't one gall danged excuse for a human being on this planet
that can tell you or me or a pigmy. What the hell was happening
on the Earth 3 million 2 million or even 1 million years ago.
Count all the ice atopes you want, when scientists make claims
like this ? They leave themselves no room for criticizing any ancient
scripture. And people that believe their bullsh#t are mostly on a boat
that has already sailed.

They don't know any more than a pygmy. They're just paid to make
everyone think they do. Here's your Phd now remember keep to the
narrative and your set for life.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It's "science"! According to science. The Sahara Desert was a forest around that time. California was an Island off the coast. Montana had palm trees back then. You can find sea shells in Colorado desert.
Back in the 1970's "Science" was saying we were heading into "another ice age". Wow! How science has changed!
One thing these geniuses fail to realize according to their own money wasting research is that things change.
Or maybe they do realize it and change, scares them.

But there's profit and notoriety to be gained by doomsday prophecy. Not to mention the political control of believers and unbelievers alike.

edit on 1-10-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Try reading beyond the tabloid headline.

The only person claiming the Arctic hasn't been this warm for 3 million years is the journalist who wrote the headline without even reading the story to which it pertained.

The Arctic was certainly warmer than today during the Eemian interglacial 120,000 years ago (when much of Greenland was ice free) and very probably during the peak of the Holocene warm period until global cooling recommenced around 4-6,000 years ago.

However, as the story more correctly states, CO2 levels have not been this high for 3 million years. And scientists know this by, for example, studying the content of ice and marine sediment cores or the stomata on leaf fossils.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
Oh that's easy, they get the information from ice-core samples and when they find a gap in it (no ice) it was obviously too warm for that given time period.

So the air gap automatically means there was no ice that year? What kept the future moisture from filling that gap? Sounds more like an air pocket to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

They make EDUCATED, note that word they are working on what has been TOLD to them, guesses.

Some information over a very long time period but perhaps not three million years is very good stuff such as Greenland ice cores, however Greenland cores only go to about 1 million years and that is assuming that the rate of ice deposit and stratification is accurate to the number of years which indeed it may not be so it could be significantly younger than they assume.

Then there are other argument's, many ancient sites around our world seem to be carefully laid out and oriented but they are not facing were the North, South, East and West currently are instead they seem to face toward a north that may have been in Canada or north America, Mammoth despite being big did not have cold weather adaptation suitable for a subarctic environment and despite being hairy and holding a lot of heat there is no way they could survive were many of them are found in permafrost today, one well known example even had buttercup's and other flowering meadow plants in it's mouth and stomach that simply could not grow there today in enough quantity's to feed such a large elephant species.

beforeatlantis.com...

What do we really know, it's a jigsaw puzzle of pieces, evidence often of questionable nature and they claim there arrangement is more accurate but how can they ever say it is ACTUALLY accurate?, they can not but they do anyway.
en.wikipedia.org...

There is even some argument for revising earth crust displacement theory.
www.skrause.org...

However there are regions on our planet, volcanic region's that may put paid to the idea that the entire crust can move in one piece simply by the fact that there age and the geothermal plume (a hot upwelling from within the earth from far beneath our crust - but this too is theory so open to debate?) has apparently not been sufficiently displaced to prove such an occurrence, the Hawaiian islands are created and maintained by just such a thermal plume and barometric mapping of the ocean floor shows a chain of slowly sinking older Hawaiian islands stretching away showing a presumably slow movement of the pacific plate upon which Hawaii is formed over this thermal plume, these former islands are now slowly sinking back into the ocean bottom having lost the energy that had once pushed them up above the waters surface.

But the truth is we do not know, we do know that warming climate will destroy many of our current city's and settlements, it happened at the end of the last ice age and people were forced inland, we will too be forced inland and have to build new coastal city's were today there is only land as far as the eye can see.

But Global cooling is also an occurrence, cyclic in nature and driven by natural forces, it get's warm then it get's cold, the sea rises and the sea fall's, over 14000 years ago were we have coastal city's today was far inland, the sea was at least 240 feet lower and perhaps even more than that on occasion, the farmland if there were farmers despite claims that the hunter gatherers living in the wilderness were we live today are were we came from when in fact we probably came as much from settled civilized farmers whom lost there lands and were driven inland at the end of the last glacial maximum having to start all over again (The evidence of sunken big city's such as this www.hermetics.org... or this mysticsciences.com... - which may be over 50 thousand years old - seems to indicate they had sufficient food that most likely came from farming, fishing and animal husbandry, we keep pets so too did they probably and if we domesticate one animal then how can they dare to argue we did not domesticate others) and rebuilding civilization from scratch had to then deal with these barbarian nomads and learn from them, it took many thousands of years before civilization started to rise again or so we are told, non of us were there, non of the so called experts were so what is the truth?.

We are here now, let us try to save our world so our kid's don't have to go through a nightmare scenario like that BUT even if we do try against natural climate change we are like ant's trying to build a mountain - hey never say never ever seen those termite city's in Africa bloody marvellous creatures ant's and termites and we are not as small or as dumb as they are so we can if we put our mind's to it do almost pretty much anything given time and resources.

edit on 1-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Okay, would someone please tell me how do they know what has transpired in the past 3 million years?

Science.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Science is observation, study and empirical data, most of these theory's of the past are based NOT on science but on conjecture so I Would definitely argue that point, peer review makes an opinion acceptable however it does not set it in stone and it does not then become science just a shared opinion.

That said the science of modern study is correct, modern data is correct however it's interpretation may not be, it could have several alternative explanations.

That said Global warming IS happening, it is both NATURAL and ARTIFICIAL, we are merely speeding it up and are actually in a current ice age known as the Quaternary period that has been going through cold (Glacial maximum or ICE AGES) and Warm (Glacial Minimum or warm periods) for several million years now.

edit on 1-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

most of these theory's of the past are based NOT on science but on conjecture

Sounds like even more conjecture to me, which is part of the problem here. The irony! I don't care about "your" wak theories, present some data or get the fck off the ceramic?

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

There isn't one gall danged excuse for a human being on this planet
that can tell you or me or a pigmy. What the hell was happening
on the Earth 3 million 2 million or even 1 million years ago.
Count all the ice atopes you want, when scientists make claims
like this ? They leave themselves no room for criticizing any ancient
scripture. And people that believe their bullsh#t are mostly on a boat
that has already sailed.

They don't know any more than a pygmy. They're just paid to make
everyone think they do. Here's your Phd now remember keep to the
narrative and your set for life.

The Inuit have been saying for years now the Arctic is warming. Permafrost is melting an low ice formation is screwing them over pretty good. The northern population in Russia's Nenets region got hit with anthrax from permafrost melting an exposing animal corpses a few yrs back.

Rag on scientist's all you want, rag on the reason's why the arctic is warming but none of that changes the fact it IS getting warm enough to screw with the established ecosystems. Is it warmer than millions of yrs ago?
It's been both colder and warmer since then.

Squeeking about "the narrative" is pointless. People who read, search out information ignore it because the evidence is scientific not political. Quit playing in the "political".

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The science team knows all, like how each species of dinosaurs died, what your account on p*nhub is and who'll win 2024 election.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Can't say whether or not if it hasn't been this warm in over 3 mil years, but things ARE warming up. The change isn't uniform across the planet, i think, which is why some places see big changes and others do not. I would assume scientists check ice cores for temp variations over time the same as how scientists can see temps on land over time by checking tree rings. It's the same principle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join