It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Line in Banner?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm sure it's some half-amusing quasi-political statement.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilLink
i think it has to be a glich,

Looks like its been embossed on purpose.

or, you guys might be right, it might be a mourning thing... altough i can't think of a reason to make it public. Maybe an Admin died?

It all relies on whether SO wants to tell us or not whether its a private matter, a board matter or a very long term member matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hmmm....probably a sign or something...
i thought it was only my browser playing up

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by EvilLink
i think it has to be a glich,

Looks like its been embossed on purpose.

or, you guys might be right, it might be a mourning thing... altough i can't think of a reason to make it public. Maybe an Admin died?

It all relies on whether SO wants to tell us or not whether its a private matter, a board matter or a very long term member matter.

let's just hope it's nothing too serius, and that we're all just worrying for nothing

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm sure it's some half-amusing quasi-political statement.

That's what I assumed.

Did someone die?

Are we mourning the death of ignorance?

Or maybe the death of denying it?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm sure if we keep talking long enough someone will let us in on the secret.

yawn.

then again thats probably the point of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
BTW my Superman #75 is still bagged with its black armband and trading cards and souvenir 'Daily Planet' edition. That was fun merchandising when Superman died.

LOL
I've got one too.

Regarding the band.
The first thing I though of, was that this was a new game.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Could this have something to do with the black bar?

The image is called sadday.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Umbrax -- I was just coming to post the same thing you did -- I noticed the picture and when I brought it up on a new page saw it said sad day also.

So mother hen here is a tad worried about our ATS family.

jm

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My post (quoted in part by AceofBase) is missing from this page.

Eureka!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe the old server finally died?

Or a favourite hard drive?

That kind of stuff tends to really hit a "Tech Guy" where he lives.

Hope it's nothing too serious.

[edit on 3/16/2005 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I, along with a few other people have said this, but I don't believe the black band reflects something personal in any of the staffs/administrator's personal lives. I don't think they would bring something personal to a website that tens of thousands visit every week. I think either a member has passed away or the creators have felt that the art of denying ignorance has died (considering the band does run right over the slogan...)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I really doubt what I'm saying right now, but I'm bringing it up because it's been a lingering fear in the back of my mind for a few months, especially after advertising picked up here on ATS.

Last December, or a bit before, a spyware/adware company called Lop.com or Trinity Acquisitions gobbled up a conspiracy site called GodLikeProductions and pretty much ruined it by banning members right and left.
SO made it known then that the same company had made an offer for ATS, but that ATS had ignored the offer. It's a scary though unlikely what-if for me that Lop.com might have some how capitalized on ATS recent advertising campaign to get their foot in the door here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course that's just the fear in the back of my paranoid mind. There are a million possible reasons- but I don't think it's a game. It is my fervent hope that this does not symbolize some tragedy for our community for any of our members.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Of course that's just the fear in the back of my paranoid mind. There are a million possible reasons- but I don't think it's a game. It is my fervent hope that this does not symbolize some tragedy for our community for any of our members.

I am with you on this one. Frankly it is driving me nuts and I would hate to see the site go down.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Say It Ain't So! Say It Ain't So Skeptic Overlord! Tell me you didn't sell out! Please!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm sure people have noticed that in the "What's new at ATS" box the Ignorance Avenger has been cast in a dark light looking dejected and saddened. This is one of the only pictures of Ignorance Avenger created where the tagline: Deny Ignorance is not included somewhere in the picture. I'm fearing the worst for the site...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm more concerned with whether Bill is okay rather than ATS being taken over.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyway you could get in contact with him or get someone you know to get in contact with him to see what is up?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'll try my best.

Overlord watch begins.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
anyone else notice terroranalysis is down too? maybe related?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join