It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If foreign entities continue to hack the United States Of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If foreign entities continue to hack the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 🇺🇸...
Elections included.
Is it fair then for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to hack their financial institutions and systems for payment?
Or am I thinking too Draconian 😈

No need for a war that will destroy people and infrastructure...
Take what's yours...

edit on 22-9-2020 by DrumsRfun because: caps doesn't make it more important

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They KNOW U.S.A don't want or need war and neither do they...

✌
edit on 9/22/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I don't think therr would be an announcement from the intelligence community that we are fighting back.

FBI director Wray did say last month that there are 10 investigations opened every week into China hacking.

edit on 9/22/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Now they, whoever they are will be forced to decide if they want war and not the U.S.A if the payment deductions are made without authorizations...

They keep crossing the line calling the U.S.A bluff so now the pressure switches. Therefore if they cause war the world responds accordingly. To them.

edit on 9/22/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Instead of playing petty chess with global lives...
Take the board and walk off

Who wins then?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Also.
Rest With God
Ruth Bader Ginsburg. May the Light of the Lord continue to watch over she and guide she on her soul journey.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What makes you think the USA does not already hack foreign institutions ?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If the US doesn’t already have people working on hacking other countries, I’d be very, very surprised. We’ll never hear about it because why would they implicate themselves?

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s been a whole tit for tat situation going on behind closed doors. If our governments had their way, we wouldn’t know about any of the devious stuff they do, we only read and see all the war stuff because it’s physically happening in front of people. All this cyber warfare can be done within an office building.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I reside in New Zealand and I'm constantly reviewing and revising my company's network security.

In New Zealand, we have seen a New Zealand resident falsely prosecuted (and then have all the charges quietly dropped) for alleged illegal Internet activities and copyright infringement, at the request of the U.S. FBI (when it went to court, it appears that they didn't even have any evidence).

In the last six months, the vast majority of phishing, DDOS, and malware campaigns against the networks I administer, have originated in the US.

It's probably not the U.S. government, so much as U.S. criminals (except where they are one and the same).

That's not to say that other countries aren't trying also, but it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

edit on 22/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

When I lived in New Zealand in 2003ish they were still paying for dialup by the minute. It was awful. On the other habd it would be pretty tough to exfiltrate much data without someone noticing.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

What makes you think the USA does not already hack foreign institutions ?

Didn't say they did.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
That's not to say that other countries aren't trying also, but it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Agreed. It's a big, quiet war that we're all fighting with technology, from the individual to the government. I wish I had invested in it sooner.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
True I don't think the financial systems have been targeted.

a reply to: Drucifer

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Not that they'd let all that out in the news. Billions of dollars vanishing (or just as bad, "appearing" out of nowhere in somebody's bank acccount). Not good for business.

But at that point, you're kind of crapping in your own well. Hackers who aren't anarchists want the banks to survive, or their own stolen money won't be worth anything.

edit on 22-9-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

When I lived in New Zealand in 2003ish they were still paying for dialup by the minute. It was awful. On the other habd it would be pretty tough to exfiltrate much data without someone noticing.

Today we have gigabit fibre in most cities as the standard residential offering. Still not great, but faster than Australian Internet. But we do have faster mobile than the US or UK.

List of countries by Internet connection speeds
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If foreign entities continue to hack the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 🇺🇸...
Elections included.
Is it fair then for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to hack their financial institutions and systems for payment?
Or am I thinking too Draconian 😈

Yes, foreign entities continue to hack. The USA continues to hack the foreign entities in areas offensive to the ordinary
foreign citizen when it is obviously not making life so good, and have nothing to do with anything, for those people.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

A week and a bit ago, the NZ Stock exchange was brought down for five days in a row by DDOS attacks.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Also to help prevent voter machines and systems hacking it might be beneficial if everyone who is registered to vote could go online on some Defense server website to confirm their votes were counted accordingly...

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

They better have the best mobile service. Telstra owns that all-blacks stadium, home to the toughest rugby team in the world. They need to produce and equally fierce product or it would be embarassing.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That’s why we have the

To take out opposing satellites

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join