It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky Origins Coming Next Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hello Games is a developer who just keep on giving and next week they're giving us yet more new content for their now 4 year old game , such a level of commitment is unheard of in the games industry , hats off to Sean and the team.

No information on what is in Origins but from the post on their website it's clear there is still more to come.

Four years ago we announced FOUNDATION, our first major update for No Man’s Sky, we promised “It won’t be our largest update, but it is the start of something”. Those words were true at the time, and they ring true for Origins. We called it Origins because it is the beginning of something new, as No Man’s Sky continues to grow and evolve.

Beyond came out last year, bringing VR and hugely expanded Online play, and since then we have focused on releasing more regular updates. SYNTHESIS, BYTEBEAT, LIVING SHIP, EXO MECH, CROSSPLAY, and DESOLATION have been some of our most popular, surprising and transformative updates – leading No Man’s Sky to have its biggest year to date.

We know there is a huge appetite in the community for No Man’s Sky content, and the team has worked our socks off this year to deliver in difficult circumstances. We have been quiet, but we are always listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.

This update will be another small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
Sean
www.nomanssky.com...

I still dip into NMS occasionally so am looking forward to see what is to come , NMS really has become a special game , a phoenix that rose from the ashes that still keeps me flying the Galaxy in my voyage of discovery.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They've redeemed themselves since the slow start.

NMS is one of the best out there now in this genre.

Thanks for the heads up..I'll go redownload it from my library now..lol

edit on 9/19/2020 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/19/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Alevel of commitment Unheard of? Did not blizzard support world of warcraft for over a decade?? Going on two??
In any case it's certainly not common for a developer to support a game beyond first year, but unheard of is an exaggerated bit.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeh, but blizzard is trash these days.

Blizzard North was the God Emperor we all miss.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Alevel of commitment Unheard of? Did not blizzard support world of warcraft for over a decade?? Going on two??

Did Blizzard give free content updates , Hello Games has not charged for any of the content they've released and have plans for future content at no extra cost , I stand by what I said.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

People are gonna hate me for this but the game needs better combat and pvp.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

now 4 year old game , such a level of commitment is unheard of in the games industry ,

4 years is nothing

In 1987, a developer named Mike Stephenson wrote his own expanded version of Hack and released it under a new name: NetHack. 

the latest update to this game was released in April 2018, and there's no sign it will be the last one

GemStone IV
Released: 1988 | Latest update: June 15, 2018

Kingdom of Drakkar
Released: 1989 | Latest update: June 15, 2018

Ultima Online
Released: 1997 | Latest update: June 27, 2018

Starcraft
Released: March 31, 1998 | Latest update: April 12, 2018

Utopia
Released: 1999 | Latest update: April 23, 2018

The article's a couple years old, but most od those are still being actively updated.

Then there's the more recent stuff like league of legends which came our 2009, Overwatch came out in 2014, Ark in 2015.

No man's Sky's level of support is far from unheard of.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Utopia? 1999? what game was that I remember this one

utopia 1991

I always wanted a remake.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok I suppose that is a valid point. I was not taking free content into consideration.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Different game:
Utopia(1999)

But a remake of that would be pretty cool.

edit on 19/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Lately I've been paid to sit at home and do nothing all month. Incidentally I've been playing nms and checking out their latest expansion. This is some pretty sweet news. I wonder what they're adding?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For anyone interested Origins is now live , download is 1.4 GB.

Sean Murray Explains No Man's Sky: Origins.

new topics

top topics

join