It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASKS What happened to You DO You????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wonder how many people wear masks because they truly believe they are necessary vs the number of people who wear masks because of pear pressure?

It seems to me that every one I know wear their masks more because of pear pressure than they do because they think they are helpful.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

If a private business requires them then wear them, don't be a Karen or Kevin.

Governor Dip# took that right for businesses to choose one way or the other away wholesale. Now THEY get fined for not enforcing, even if they flat out disagree with the mandate and truly would prefer to leave it to customers.

One of my neighbors called it a Disobedience Tax. Man, if he ain't right on the money there.
edit on 9/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't be a busy body for starters. But anyway, Wal Mart gets

$7.8 billion per year in federal subsidies and tax breaks.

Source.

"PRIVATE business"? Hell, tax payers are helping to pay for it thru theft from the government.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. It's just politics.

Yesterday in a convenience store with big signs saying Masks Required! There was one guy without one of about 10 people. He had his chin stuck up looking at everyone as if begging to be confronted. No one did. He checked out and left.

Masks aren't 100% but they do help. And it's idiots like that that could be asymptomatic carriers who infect someone vulnerable.

I bought a 3-pack of cotton masks (not 100% effective, I know) for a $1.99. It's not hard to slip one on when I go in a store.
edit on 9162020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I wonder how many people wear masks because they truly believe they are necessary vs the number of people who wear masks because of pear pressure?

It seems to me that every one I know wear their masks more because of pear pressure than they do because they think they are helpful.

Peer pressure around here to a degree, but not because You Hate Grandma whining. It's either wear it, or even the little businesses get slapped with big fines over your independent actions now. Horsecrap, total horsecrap.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If a business does more than asked I don’t go back or go in. If they do less than required I go back more. I don’t Violate their rules but this is stupid and I do my small part to fight back.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wear a mask when it is required. Private business can refuse service for any number of reasons.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Yesterday in a convenience store with big signs saying Masks Required! There was one guy without one of about 10 people. He had his chin stuck up looking at everyone as if begging to be confronted. No one did. He checked out and left.

Masks aren't 100% but they do help. And it's idiots like that that could be asymptomatic carriers who infect someone vulnerable.

I bought a 3-pack of cotton masks (not 100% effective, I know) for a $1.99. It's not hard to slip one on when I go in a store.

Then the “someone vulnerable” should stay home. Why is 99% of the population having to rearrange their lives around the 1%?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am so glad I work for the company I do now.
They have REFUSED to put a mask sign on the door, even though our idiot governor requires them.

In our small town, I go to the business that do not require a mask. I am friends with one of these business owners, basically a party store/garden shop.
She is having the best August/Sept. she ever has.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Then the “someone vulnerable” should stay home. Why is 99% of the population having to rearrange their lives around the 1%?

People have to go shop for food and other necessities. Even if the vulnerable stay home, someone else has to go get these things and bring it to them.

ETA: it's a mask, I keep one in my pocket, it's on and off and it's soooo not a big deal...
edit on 9162020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh gosh sweetie, did someone scare you today and hurt your feelings for not wearing a mask? Are you afraid they breathed their dirty germy air all over? I’m sorry, sweetheart.

Having said that, do you REALLY think that this is a good road to go down? To be able to mandate what a person wears? Do you honestly think this won’t get abused by our crook leaders? Biden says he will make it a national mandate to wear a mask. Think about this, and think about it hard, because when they take freedoms away from us, we don’t get them back. And if you support this, down the road when it’s grown tentacles, you are partly to blame.

One more thing. You’re right- there are ways to get groceries and supplies without going into stores. So if you are afraid of people’s breathing, do that. Stay home. Get your groceries another way.

I suggest anyone totally afraid of peoples' breath adorn themselves with a heavy, thick burqa, and top it off with pro-fitted safety glasses over the eyes. It'll even reduce skin contact with outsider germs THAT much further. It's for the greater good, dontcha know?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The mask mandate and regulations are a joke. I just ate at qdouba which requires mask to enter, which I had but didn’t put on, why? Because I’m standing in line ( 2-3 ft away) right next to groups of people eating without mask. It was absurd and ridiculous to think anyone in that room is protected because they have to enter with a mask, it’s beyond stupidity.

I saw people stand up, put their mask on and walk 15 ft to the bathroom. Apparently, you can only get covid when standing or walking. This is insanity. The crazy thing was people would get up to leave and put on their mask to walk a few ft out the door to their cars, some were by themselves. WTF good is that doing?......not a damn thing, idiocy at its highest level.

I’ve also noticed hardly anyone using hand sanitizer anymore. You know....to clean their hands that have been all over their mask, nose and mouth.

If it’s so bad then maybe they just need to shut it all down, instead of people walking around with a false sense of security that a mask is going to protect them. It’s just plain ignorance and stupidity.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Same here. The Mayor made it an ordinance and the health dept. will fine and/or shut down already struggling businesses for not enforcing.

Ours is in place until ... Inauguration Day. How convenient.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You haven't realized yet that the state's are requiring that businesses require it?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I exercise, and you are exempt from wearing one at exercise sessions ... provided you are socially distant. So I wear one in, take it off, get all hot and sweaty and do lots of heavy breathing with no mask ... then put it on to walk out the door and immediately take it off again.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm 100% fed up w wearing a mask but I wear one out of respect in public. I don't complain.

Given that the 'experts' can't seem to agree on how severe the virus is, is that what we are waiting for? The 'experts' to tell us when we can take these silly things off?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Same here. The Mayor made it an ordinance and the health dept. will fine and/or shut down already struggling businesses for not enforcing.

Ours is in place until ... Inauguration Day. How convenient.

Offhand, I'm not even sure how long ours is going to last anymore. It might be prolonged emergency extension by emergency extension, I'm just not sure anymore.

Chief! Can you clear that up? Is it a rolling thing with no firm end given, or was there an End Date? Probably no firm end date, but who knows.

And I agree, saddling these fines on businesses already struggling is low, it's like they're looking for excuses to fine them out of business entirely.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
You haven't realized yet that the state's are requiring that businesses require it?

Yeah, don’t dare do anything unless the government tells you it’s okay for you to do so.

link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I feel the same way about pants.

link   
a reply to: NightVision

It was one thing when my PT required one for all their clients. That was their personal business decision, and I respected it. Then government got involved and started saying we had to wear them everywhere for everything, no matter what. That's where I get annoyed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join