It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASKS What happened to You DO You????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Trump is giving a conference on Vaccine availability right now.
He says Oct. Nov. the latest. We'll see what happens with
OPs beautiful masks at that point.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

The mask is less of a barrier than your own elbow in a vampire cough would be.

Maybe masks work, maybe they don't, maybe they work a little, who knows.
What we do know if a private business requires it what's the problem.
If you don't like it don't shop there.

I am amazed at how all the rule follows make an exception when it comes to this and their opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: JAGStorm

it is neither the store clerks' job to enforce the unconstitutional edicts of an authoritarian governor nor is it yours.

mind your own business and carry on with your life.

there is no human right to not get sick.

A PRIVATE business does have a right to enforce it.
See that word, PRIVATE.
Why this is so hard for people to understand is amazing.

The movie theater can prevent you from bringing in a bucket of chicken.
The dentist can make you wear a lead apron before an x ray.
The restaurant won't let you bring in your own wine
The gun range can make you wear safety glasses.

See the trend..

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
Trump is giving a conference on Vaccine availability right now.
He says Oct. Nov. the latest. We'll see what happens with
OPs beautiful masks at that point.

POTUS just said because of his situation he doesn't wear masks as much because a lot of people around him get tested. If he wasn't he would probably wear them more, and that he does wear them in hospitals.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Very true I heard that so what?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So you are in favor of the government mandating that you have to do something that may simply be arbitrary ... just cause and all?

Btw, I don't think you've read many of my posts if you think I'm not wearing my mask, but as someone with exercise asthma, wearing it to exercise would be a bit, erm, tough.

But don't worry! If you vote for Biden, his jell-o mind is changing again and he plans to force you to wear your mask on a national level, so we can all lose our freedoms for something of dubious value.

edit on 16-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
99.96% survival rate

May as well just keep the mask in your pocket. It’s not required.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm medically exempt from wearing a mask.

I don't have to tell anyone why, and if a judge needs a statement he can subpeana my doctor.

Nobody else gets to know why I'm exempt.

When people look at me funny in public I smile back. Most people just go about their day.

I think you should consider the fact that many of those people you think are not following the rules are in fact medically exempt.

We are sorry if our medical requirements add to your stress while out in public, just put yourself in our shoes.

Would you like to choose between exposing yourself to covid 19 or facing the continual painful and disabilitating side effects of wearing a mask in your current health condition every time you go out in public.

Now imagine every time you make that concious decision to risk catching covid vs facing disabilitating pain and personal injury all because you don't want to go hungry.

Maybe now you can imagine some of what could be going through that persons head as you frown at them from behind your mask while grocery shopping.

Maybe you should mind your business and be glad you don't have to make as tough and as brave of a decision every time you are hungry.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well, in the case of Anchorage Alaska, *most* businesses weren't requiring masks so the whiny little #s that can't stand to see anyone doing something personally different than said whiners threw a fit until the mayor made a mask mandate... guess what? It's no longer a private business decision, now it's entirely a "whose going to scoff at this overreaching law?" issue.

Needless to say, a handful of businesses have door nannies whose panties crawl up box canyon the moment someone with a naked face crosses the business threshold, but most of the businesses either say nothing or may tell a customer that part of the mandate was ordering every Anchorage business to put a "masks are mandatory" sign on their door and, aside from that, Hail Satan and do as thou wilt.

For what it's worth, I have a skull neck gaiter Buff I throw on if I need to go into a business which has the tightened drawers door Nazi, but that's more due to a personal disinterest in seeing the headline "Local Shopper Pistol Whips Door Greeter Following Verbal Altercation Over Mask."

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Fools
You haven't realized yet that the state's are requiring that businesses require it?

Yeah, don’t dare do anything unless the government tells you it’s okay for you to do so.

I personally hate them. So there is that.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's too bad the gov is holding small biz licenses over a barrel so they are the ones to take on liability of the coronahoax.
The big businesses are being funded with tax dollars to do so.

I don't wear masks, or tattoos on my wrist.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Have accidentally eaten three masks so far, lunching in restaurants.

Am thinking that edible masks could be a good thing.
You know : unless we're all contaminated, or something...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I personally love how popular those neck gaiters are and how everyone allows them when they just released a study that flat out says they do jack.

At that point, you know that it's all stupidity and about control and not about keeping you healthy.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Gnawledge

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just politics.

Yesterday in a convenience store with big signs saying Masks Required! There was one guy without one of about 10 people. He had his chin stuck up looking at everyone as if begging to be confronted. No one did. He checked out and left.

Masks aren't 100% but they do help. And it's idiots like that that could be asymptomatic carriers who infect someone vulnerable.

I bought a 3-pack of cotton masks (not 100% effective, I know) for a $1.99. It's not hard to slip one on when I go in a store.

Then the “someone vulnerable” should stay home. Why is 99% of the population having to rearrange their lives around the 1%?

People have to go shop for food and other necessities. Even if the vulnerable stay home, someone else has to go get these things and bring it to them.

ETA: it's a mask, I keep one in my pocket, it's on and off and it's soooo not a big deal...

You must be young, because you’re not thinking the whole thing through. It’s about much more than taking a mask off and on.

I'm 42. Sure, it's about preventing spreading airborne droplets from talking, breathing, coughing, sneezing, etc. And to help keep those airborne droplets from entering your own respiratory system. But that is only if you are thinking scientifically. It's about helping to prevent the spread of a virus. It isn't 100% and people can wear them improperly and touch their face and all of those bad things - but it is such an easy thing to do, which CAN help to preven spread AND allow people to go out and about more.

If the "much more" you are talking about is the silencing and keeping down of everyday people by the elites and political motivations ... well, we just don't have anything to talk about. That is some nonsensical b.s.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Masks everyday for 35 yr as EMT...nothin new or diff for me*

*Hepatitis I caught from body fluids, and inhaling...before then...in 1985

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Masks aren't 100% but they do help.

There's no proof that they help. There's actually proof of the opposite.

There is.

Here is a link to a .pdf file. Below is an excerpt:

Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor ofwidespread mask use to reduce community transmission: non-medical masks use materials that obstruct droplets of the nec-essary size; people are most infectious in the initial periodpost-infection, where it is common to have few or no symp-toms (10–16); non-medical masks have been effective in reduc-ing transmission of influenza; non-medical masks have beenshown to be effective in small trials at blocking transmissionof coronavirus; and places and time periods where mask us-age is required or widespread have shown substantially lowercommunity transmission.

The sources of this review are many and varied and are in the .pdf so I won't list them all here.

As I've said previously non-surgical masks are not 100%, neither are surgical or n-95 masks for that matter. But they help a great deal. And the opposition to them is just mind-boggling. Something so simple can do so much good.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I'm protesting Mask , and my form of protest is to purposefully not wear a mask in businesses that requires a mask .

That's ok, Protest all you want, but not IN a Private Business.

Ahhh I see yeah I completely understand that , I even agree with you .

But uh tell that to the protesters who just may decide to burn your business down as apart of there protest, or all the other business owners who have had there lifes work destroyed.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Oh gosh sweetie, did someone scare you today and hurt your feelings for not wearing a mask? Are you afraid they breathed their dirty germy air all over? I’m sorry, sweetheart.

Having said that, do you REALLY think that this is a good road to go down? To be able to mandate what a person wears? Do you honestly think this won’t get abused by our crook leaders? Biden says he will make it a national mandate to wear a mask. Think about this, and think about it hard, because when they take freedoms away from us, we don’t get them back. And if you support this, down the road when it’s grown tentacles, you are partly to blame.

One more thing. You’re right- there are ways to get groceries and supplies without going into stores. So if you are afraid of people’s breathing, do that. Stay home. Get your groceries another way.

In 2019 there was already a mandate to what a person wears. My freedoms of getting my groceries naked were taken away by the fascists. I don't mind people hiding their ugly faces behind a piece of cloth that doesn't do #. But my willy misses the free air. That freedom is taken away by the oppressors.

If you're afraid to see the tools that were at the start of giving you birth, get your groceries another way. Think about this, these freedoms were long gone already.

Indecent exposure my ass, it's pure totalitarianism. And if you agreed to these oppressive measures in 2019 it is you who partly gave birth and a platform in this step of covering faces.

edit on 16-9-2020 by Dumbass because: My willy got locked up in a fascist zipper. These are tools to torture free minds

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

This thing has created a whole population of absolute freaks.

The freaks were already there. They were just given a new toy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join