It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific American backs Biden in its 1st presidential endorsement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So a science magazine went political.

Everything's political now.

Supporting police and fire and EMT's is political.

Supporting the country, the Constitution is now political.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Breaking News.....Kellogg’s just endorsed Biden hoping they can get some increased sales every time Biden references his decades old dispute with Corn Pop.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: panoz77

Yep, just one more case of fake news I guess is how you see it.

Yeah. That's the way I see it. Especially with all the violent leftist rioting and arson. Leftist say they seek to scientifically save the planet, but if they don't get their way they will burn all the remaining forests to the ground. LOL They are a joke.

I have no faith in anyone who supports Biden.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, that wraps it up.

Scientific American hasn't been scientific for ages, now it's not even American.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Obviously they aren’t very logical by endorsing a hair-sniffing, communist in cognitive decline. However, I doubt if anyone gives a flying squirrels ass what some magazine tells them to do. Anyone who has read that liberal ‘science’ rag would know they are left-leaning garbage.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Scientific American also endorsed the official story of how jet fuel brought down giant skyscrapers. So, there’s that too.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yep. One more leftist rag endorses Joe Biden for president.

“The pandemic would strain any nation and system,” the editors wrote, “but Trump’s rejection of evidence and public health measures have been catastrophic in the U.S. He was warned many times in January and February about the onrushing disease, yet he did not develop a national strategy to provide protective equipment, coronavirus testing or clear health guidelines.

I guess that soon enough Trump will just add this to his list of ''fake news''.

Some I suppose would prefer to have this placed in the Mud Pit or one of the political forums but I think it belongs here, right here in the Science Forum.

www.scientificamerican.com...

I'd go through various points in the article that are false, misleading, or pure opinion, but I know nobody cheering this big endorsement victory actually cares.

My sincere congrats to Biden. He couldn't solve all these pressing issues they mention in decades of national politics, but now in mental decline he's going to solve them all with his crack team of first rate scientists.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Springer Nature appears to be a German brand. Check out the message from Frank the CEO of the US division.

Social Justice> Science apparently.

www.springernature.com...
edit on 9/15/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/15/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how much "science" could exist without government funding.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
As DB pointed out, a Science Magazine when political. I’m not sure how that bodes well, considering Science is about facts, i.e., the sky is Blue because how the particles and gases scatter sunlight, by contrast, politics is about interpretation, i.e., Through charisma, emotional appeal and clever tongue twisting, I can convince an entire group of low info voters that the sky is actually purple.

Do you know what an actual endorsement is? A Police Union, one of which can see how the Presidents support of them is unwavering and in these tough times where Democrats instigation and refusal to speak up on the riots is the direct result of the anti Police climate in America.

Scientific America should endorse Trump for his aspiration to get the US as the more active in space, which directly translates to more scientific advances.

Taking a step back, it would seem like the old institutions we all grew up with here and their “prestige” as magazines served a purpose in an era where Social media was landlines and walmart parking lots. However, the times have changed and after all the web surfing, there are so much more sources on American Science progress, beyond Scientific America.

...just wanted to point out that this Magic Keyboard is smooth typing on my Pro

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So does this mean that biden has a chance?

Because it certainly doesn’t look that way

And I think Scientific American knows it too

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

They are owned by Holtzbrinck in Germany.

Sounds like some foreign interference in US elections, right?

Biden/German collusion? Let's bring on the investigations!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

“The pandemic would strain any nation and system,” the editors wrote, “but Trump’s rejection of evidence and public health measures have been catastrophic in the U.S. He was warned many times in January and February about the onrushing disease, yet he did not develop a national strategy to provide protective equipment, coronavirus testing or clear health guidelines.

When Scientific American comes out and says the same thing about Democrat Governors, such as Andrew Cuomo; then I will believe them about both Trump and Cuomo. But if they are arbitrarily picking and choosing who to be upset over than their actions just look partisan.

How Delays and Unheeded Warnings Hindered New York’s Virus Fight

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Some I suppose would prefer to have this placed in the Mud Pit or one of the political forums but I think it belongs here, right here in the Science Forum.

Wait a minute....

You see this as a “win” , don’t you?

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Ironic that Scientific American is endorsing a candidate with obvious brain decline, quite a scientific approach.

Perhaps they see him as less risky compared to a guy who can't spell Nobel.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero

I guess that we, like Trump should accept the endorsement of famous rappers yet reject the endorsement of an age old scientific journal.

This is not a hill I would die on. If you can’t see how a ‘science journal’ discredits itself by weighing in on politics......well there goes your credibility too.
Or orange man bad, whatever works for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If someone were to show the head of Scientific American this clip of Joe Biden in Tampa yesterday, would that person possibly come to their senses and rescind their endorsement of Joe Biden for U.S. President???

Joe Explains the SCIENCE of Career Positioning: twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: panoz77

Ironic that Scientific American is endorsing a candidate with obvious brain decline, quite a scientific approach.

Perhaps they see him as less risky compared to a guy who can't spell Nobel.

Coming from a guy who literally thinks Trump wrote a headline for a social media campaign ad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join