It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A recipe to take away your rights step by step

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I may be relying too much on Motorcyclist propaganda of the era here, but late 70s there was this Secretary of Transportation who hated motorcycles. She was pushing for helmet laws, like she was thinking if people had to wear helmets they'd just give up on riding.

So the Motorcycle Lobby made what they thought was a bluff move. "Yeah, let's see you get seat belt laws passed, then we'll see about helmets."

The seat belt laws were the stepping stone to the helmet laws.
----------
Of course, it may be a bad recollection of articles I read in the '70s.

Real memories: The Federal Government tries out laws in their own jurisdiction first, like military bases. If I remember correctly, helmet rules were actually in effect a couple of years before seatbelt rules on military bases.

The Fed Gov uses federal highway tax dollars for state projects as an incentive for states to pass safety laws. "Comply or get cut off from funding." That's how 55 mph ended up getting passed in every state too.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I was going to say "They have to disarm you first" but I see, Europe.

Locks here are just an alarm system so you can meet the intruder locked and loaded.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

55mph is snail slow. That's still first gear and outside of towns no one here travels below 55mph on good weather conditions. 50mph is about the least your car has to make to drive on the autobahn. Everything slower is considered "recklessly slow" and punishable by law / fee.

If you ever make it to south Germany, throw me a PM and we go as fast as you can handle. You wont drive but be passenger.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was going to say "They have to disarm you first" but I see, Europe.

You base your opinion on false assumptions
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the third time now, as evident in the first sentence of my post, it is a made up example to show you the pattern to watch out.
edit on 12.9.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

55mph is snail slow.

I'll quote the wikipedia here, which confirms what I wrote about Fed tax dollars too.

The National Maximum Speed Law (NMSL) was a provision of the federal government of the United States 1974 Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act that prohibited speed limits higher than 55 miles per hour (89 km/h). It was drafted in response to oil price spikes and supply disruptions during the 1973 oil crisis and remained the law until 1995.

While federal officials hoped gasoline consumption would fall by 2.2%, the actual savings were estimated at between 0.5% and 1%.

The law was widely disregarded by motorists nationwide, and some states opposed the law,[1][2] but many jurisdictions discovered it to be a major source of revenue.
National_Maximum_Speed_Law

I just now found out that today is Saturday. That's why the traffic on ATS is higher.

Everything slower is considered "recklessly slow" and punishable by law / fee.

This one time I was riding a perfectly street legal Honda 80cc motorcycle.

So I'm in the left lane preparing to turn left at the next intersection. The light turned yellow so I let off the throttle, because why the hell should people accelerate up to a light getting ready to turn red.

So this car behind me switched to the right lane, passed me, pulled back in front of me, then jammed on the brakes because of the red light.

Then a cop made me get off the road and listen to a lecture about slow speeds for about a half hour. "If the driver of that car had honked the horn I could write you a ticket for not moving into the right hand lane."

My response was "Yeah. And just exactly how would that facilitate my turning left at that intersection? And why should I be expected to accelerate up to a red light?"

That exchange took a whole 10 seconds, the rest of the half hour was some sort of bloviating by THE MAN.

edit on 12-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The cop was an idiot because the driver clearly did an unnecessary overtake in front of a red light. That's reckless AF.

Also overtaking on the right side, I know it's allowed in the USA but not here. The only time you can be faster on the right lane than the left lane is when one of these two conditions are met:

the lane to the left has a traffic jam
or
the lane to the left slows down (all cars on it) under around 50mph.

you can never overtake as in, speed up on the right and then pull into the left lane, ever. The left lane is intended for fast driving and can only be used to overtake someone and has to be cleared ASAP if there is room on the right. Of course no one has to pull into the right lane doing 180mph when there are cars going 50mph, you can stay on the fast lane then.

Because here, even if you do 180mph, you can bet on someone being faster coming up behind you. There was an accident involving a Porsche test driver and a mother doing around 50mph on the right lane, wanting to overtake a truck.

The women saw the fast Porsche approaching but pulled out anyways, got scared and pulled back into the right lane and crashed. Then tried to sue the Porsche test driver. The judge ruled that if she drives on the autobahn and can not judge the speed of any car approaching her from behind, it was her mistake and she should not have been there at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The incident didn't involve highway or freeway traffic. It was city traffic. And if I'm not mistaken, the speed limit was 35 mph. I was going to turn left at the intersection. I had to be in the left lane. It isn't legal to turn left from the right lane, cutting off the left lane in the process.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Of course it isn't, it also should not be legal overtaking someone and then slam the brakes, especially if there is to be taken into consideration that there is traffic lights in front that can turn red any second.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I figured that the cop was prejudiced against smaller than average motorcycles, and the people who ride them.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Lysergic

We Germans have firearms too, it's a myth we do not have them

Haha, yes, same in canada. Just the city folk who don't and are dead set against them as well as have a large, very political, anti gun voice. Here in small towns and rural most folk have something.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

they were not nazzis, until the money men needed a 'villain' to have an excuse to enforce apathide upon the peoples of Palestine.

watch any film before 1945. they were called their name, GERMANS.

and now, thanks to the protocolled laws, you guys lost your freedom of speech.

it sucks.
all we need to do is get enough people to say enough of the money men.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna
The way it was told to me third hand is that a lot of people already held a grudge because some Jewish people were not the most upright trading partners. But I do not know for certain, I was not there and it should not be understood as some sort of justification or putting blame on Jewish.

Hitler built on that mistrust, it was not like suddenly all Germans hated Jews, Jews were of German descent themselves, it is very complicated.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I don't think what's happening in America is too hard to figure out...it was revealed to you years ago. Now, I'm not saying that Russia is carrying it out but, it is obvious that something similar to what's discussed in the video below is happening...

In short, we got played. Too bad we can't come together as Americans and defeat it. Imagine everyone putting aside their differences in order to fight for the greater good...That'd be crazy! Totally nuts!

Almost as crazy as wearing masks 24/7 and shutting down a country..

Thanks,
blend

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I am not American, wish people would read a thread before they post and it's not about covid.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Just cut out a new door.
Go to Lowe’s and buy a new door.
FTW

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Who doesnt love good old, crude Analog more then Digital...at least the parts are cheap.

No skeleton key for a back door ether since there probably isnt one for it.

edit on 13-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

So if the government told you that you MUST take a rushed vaccine with who knows what in it or you won't be able to travel, work etc you're just going to say no? I think they've got us by the balls so that we have no choice but to take it. We're beyond screwed and people still don't realize this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join