It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two women charged with hate crimes after stealing child’s Make America Great Again hat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's some good news. Can we remember far enough back to recall these two young fools?

They snatched a Maga hat from a kid outside the Dem National Convention and it all got caught on video by the kids mother.

Two women have been indicted on hate crimes after they stole a seven-year-old boy’s Make America Great Again hat outside the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Delaware.

Delaware Police arrested Camryn Amy, 21, and Olivia Winslow, 21, on charges of robbery, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child. Amy also received two counts of offensive touching.

The women are accused of committing the crimes “for the purpose of interfering with the victim’s free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or committed said crime because the victim had exercised or enjoyed said right or rights,” according to the indictment.

There was nothing right about these two women who demonstrated mindless mayhem in a display of their own sense of self righteousness.

While I was quite critical of the mothers actions and motives in our previous thread on this event, I'm glad to see that she has followed through with her video as evidence and these two dummies have been arrested and charged with their crimes.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Before this even gets started , I would say move this to the Political Mud pit .

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Guess those 2 will have to eat their hats over this now 😃

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the follow up to the initial thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think the hate crime charge is ridiculous because I think hate crime enhancers are thought-crime and have no place in society.

I think these two are in enough trouble without hard felony charges like this.
edit on 9 9 2020 by projectvxn because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I would agree but it was the liberals who introduced the whole "hate crime" crap years ago. I love it when stuff like this comes around to bite them on the ass.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
HA HA HA HA eat crow ladies. I bet a hundred bucks they cry in thier arraignment hearing and blame Trump. Its going to be hilarious the rest of their lives when they have job interviews and they have to explain why they are conviced felons and what they did. Good luck!!! NOT

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I’m glad they are making an example of them. I don’t agree with some other views, but I know not to rip their hats off.

The mob mentality and political grand standing has got to stop. Either side!

I don’t agree with what BLM has evolved to, but you can bet your “butts” I would stand and defend them if they were alone in a mob of skin heads.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I would agree but it was the liberals who introduced the whole "hate crime" crap years ago. I love it when stuff like this comes around to bite them on the ass.

Poetic justice though it may be, I still can't get passed the fact that I don't want people going to jail for thought-crime.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don’t agree with ‘hate crimes’ in general because a crime is a crime. Motivation shouldn’t be a part of the equation. If they must have ‘hate crime’ laws at least make sure it works that way for everyone and not just for one political party, one race, one religion etc. it needs to be called each way or it is completely BS.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Thats called being human. Its normal. And its the bare minimum expectation. Id render aid to any human in distress. Any human.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: underpass61

Poetic justice though it may be, I still can't get passed the fact that I don't want people going to jail for thought-crime.

Ok, the other crimes not withstanding, there is enough physical, video and audio evidence to PROVE this was politically motivated, would you rather they be charged with terrorism? Maybe RICO? This is not thought crime, I agree that thought crime or "hate speech" is a slippery slope, this is not that.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Hate crime, thought crime, etc etc - I agree 100 percent bull#.

However, these days a child can get suspended from school for mis handling a pop tart.

If you're 21 and bullying children like you're still one of them, that's a felony... At least it is in the democrat welfare cities, where the general public has decided to hand over their responsibility as humans to the local elected officials.

Two adults bullying a child out here is a whole other thing. Get caught doing it, most of the country dares you! See what happens.
Courts and prisons won't be your biggest concern.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Me and my son who happens to love trump saw this when it happened and he asked me if I would have let that happen to him. I said no son I would have defended his property. If my old lady was there she would ha e speared the lady who stole it. I am glad they caught them.

They are charging them with a hate crime which is even better. Wwhats the mandatory minimum for a hate crime?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I’m glad they are making an example of them. I don’t agree with some other views, but I know not to rip their hats off.

The mob mentality and political grand standing has got to stop. Either side!

I don’t agree with what BLM has evolved to, but you can bet your “butts” I would stand and defend them if they were alone in a mob of skin heads.

Skinheads would stand by them, too. We all stand against nazis.

And yes, there is a difference between skinheads and nazis...educate yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is brilliant. I also don't think there should be a difference between a crime and a hate crime, both are not nice for whatever reason.
However equality is a bummer if you are not exempt from it, isn't it?
Calling for whites to be killed, stealing kid's belongings because you don't like their choice, it's all easy if you can cry victim. But it seems not to go so well when EQUALITY holds them actually equally responsible.
However that's what equality means. Unless you are mentally deficient, you have no excuse.
Equality should be even more widespread, I don't take lightly to calling ALL white people racists and shennanigans like that.
It's not even true and it is certainly inciting to hate.
So for those who think they can give it all out without consequences, lets keep these laws and use them EQUALLY.

(post by galaga removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I'm well aware of the incident. Appealing to emotion does not make hate crime laws/enhancers right.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Exactly.

There's enough crime there to deal with, without adding this sort of thing.

It's to be hoped that these two young un's can finally grow up, and deal with life as adults.

Were they stupid? Oh, yes, yes they were. This sort of stupid, however, is generally cured by experience.

Hate crimes are in many cases, already crimes of some sort. But they're also "thought" crimes, and getting in trouble for thinking isn't a good trend.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

They deserve what they get for sure.

But I thought lots of the members here feel like hate crime laws were unamerican.

You like the hate crimes laws?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join