It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hi... have a question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hi my name is Donna, I am 41 married, love watching movies, white wine, joking around, and music. I want to put my photo in the member picture area but I don't know how, can someone tell me how I can do that?
Thanks.....Donna

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hi Donna,
Do you mean an avatar?

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have photos from my camera, and don't know how to put one in the member photo center or under my name? Can you help?

[edit on 16-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi, welcome to ATS

if you click this link it will take you to a thread that you should find helpful
www.abovetopsecret.com...
you will have to ignore the first few steps in the instructions as the ATS member upload isn't working at the moment, but there are some suggestions further on in the thread about other sites you can use to host your pictures. I use photobucket myself.
Hope this helps.
here is another link to a really good thread started by asala , one of our very helpful mods , who I'm sure will introduce herself to you.
There should be everything you need to know about the site there.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Donna, i'll send you a u2u. This will show up in the top right of any ATS page as...1 New U2U
Click on it and read it.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thats it! But I could not send it to you it said I needed 20 threads. or something like that..I don't know how you can do it...Thanks you!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

JAK

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey angeleyes101 and welcome to ATS.

To get your avatar up you need to get it hosted. it will not show up from being on your PC.

If you click on memCenter (top right) you will be taken to another screen with the ATS Special Features table on the left hand side.

It there you will see two tabs. ATS Upload and ATS Store.

Click on ATS Upload and you will be presented with a Browse button. Click that and navigate your way to the image on your PC - (c:\documents and settings\joe\desktop\missy\donna 1frame00147.jpg)

You can then uploead it to your personal ATS upload space. You can then take the address given and enter that into your Avatar URL.

Welcome again.

Jack

[edit on 16/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I tried to do that but it does not work..confused.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I believe that the ATS member upload is out of action at the moment.
If you register with one of these sites
www.photobucket.com...
imageshack.us...
you will be able to get your picture uploaded to the internet through them.
The file that you are trying to use is currently in your computer. It has to be stored somewhere online before people can see it.
Through these sites, you will be asked to browse your computer in much the same way as you would via our member centre for your image, then it will provide you with the url that you need to add to your posts for the image to show.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
yes I'm seeing your picture in your post. your avatar isn't showing in your mini profile on the left though. I'm just trying to figure out why.
Before you get an avatar sorted out to go with your profile, you should also just check this
to make sure that your image is with the guidelines for size etc

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thanks You!
I'll try o figure it out.

JAK

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The member center came back online again very recently.

The reason the avatar is not showing is because this:

www.belowtopsecret.com...://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/angeleyes101/Donna1.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

is the address entered.

Whereas it should be something like this:
But that image will not be accepted because it is too large. The size allowed is 160 x 320.

Is this
the image you wanted angeleyes101? If so I will resize it and put it up on ImageShack for you.

Jack

[edit on 16/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
if you right click the image that is in your post and check it properties, and then right click the little red cross where your image should be in your profile and do the same, you'll see the difference between the address that shows. It looks like you have just entered the wrong url for your image. however, if the image that is in your last post is what you were hoping to use as your avatar, it is definatly too big. You can open a picture in paint and click edit ro resize it to what you want. and then upload that to photobucket and try again.
Hope I've helped a bit, I know I tend to waffle on a bit too much sometimes and possibly complicate things

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thanks everybody for your help, and this is not a hoto of me I want for an avatar I have better photos I was testing this to make sure it works.
Will work on the avatar and I cannot reply to the u2u's till 20 posts..but hey Thanks again

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
The member center came back online again very recently.

ahhhhhh so it did, I missed this thread
so I probably did complicte things

still photobucket etc is very handy for when you've run out of upload space and haven't the funds to buy more.

Anyway, look forward to seeing you in your avatar angeleyes101, once you've got it sorted , and once again a big warm welcome to the site

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Hello angeleyes welcome to ATS.

top topics

join