It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Smell Car Exhaust Fumes Everywhere

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Absolutely!

This dummy is risking making our limited antibiotics useless with this attitude of just throwing them around everywhere.

This is how stuff mutates into resistant forms.
Total misuse of antibiotics in every sense of the word.

It's unbelievable but I see them do it ALL the time. We gotta stop this malpractice.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Carbon dioxide has no real smell. But there could be some other microbes that can make you smell that. Antibiotics might just work if you have a bacteria that emits a chemistry that can trigger your smelling receptors to identify that smell.

Have you started taking a vitamin supplement lately or have you added a zinc supplement? Zinc can make your receptors more sensitive both to taste and smell. My granddaughter cannot take too much zinc, because everything tastes too strong. She takes a good quality multivitamin but a low dose one, that does not bother her.

I do get some phantom smells sometimes with my temporal lobe epilepsy. But those events are random. I also sometimes get weird noises that I hear, but I know how to tell those from real noises. If I eat properly to control my epilepsy, special foods and supplements, I rarely get the partial seizures. But if we go out and eat or if I eat more than a low moderate amount of foods that increase risk, those events go up. It makes it hard to identify phantom smells sometimes if you get them where they are found, like in a car. Certain fragrances trigger me to smell overpowering smells that are not actually real. Cat litter with fragrances in it really is bad. That is genetic...not related to epilepsy...the wife cannot smell those chemicals that happen when a cat pees in the litter that is scented. That smells gross, but more like sewer than car exhaust.

Now, depending on what is in the sewers, that gives bad smells off if you have a dry sink or drain trap somewhere. Sewer gas can sometimes smell like car exhaust, so can fumes from a gas hot water heater that is dirty. Furnace exhaust usually is not as bad but if the furnace burners are real dirty it can be.

Check the Hot water heater to make sure it is working properly if it is a gas unit.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
a reply to: mamabeth

I wish you well and hope this is only temporary. I did find something called Phantosmia.

Phantosmia

An olfactory hallucination (phantosmia) makes you detect smells that aren't really present in your environment. The odors detected in phantosmia vary from person to person and may be foul or pleasant. They can occur in one or both nostrils. The phantom smell may seem to always be present or it may come and go.

Phantom smells and headaches are also symptoms of brain tumors .

Don't get her all paranoid, it may just be a dirty hot water heater and the smells might be real. I get phantom smells with my partial epilepsy, but she has to look at real household problems first. Her symptoms could have a real cause, furnace, Hw heater, sewer gas from a dry drain, a fragrance. I check out all real causes when I get phantom smells to rule them out. Could even be a dead mouse somewhere rotting away.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

That is strange, hopefully they can figure out what it is fast.

This has been a strange year as everyone already knows.
10 days ago I was sitting drinking my morning coffee and reading the news on my iPad, and my vision started dimming out of the blue. It was like I looked a bright light source and looked away and still had the image retention.
It freaked me out and I told my wife to call 911, EMS came and checked me out and as they were here, my vision came back.
All the tests they ran came back negative and they told me to go to the hospital, so I went.
They ran all kind of tests on my heart and gave me a Cat Scan on the blood flow to my head...all negative.
They said it was possibly a TIA or mini stroke but they cannot be certain.
Waiting for more test results today from my regular doctor.
Come to find out my neighbor across the street had almost the same thing happen to her the day before mine happened and another friend of ours had almost the same thing happen to him the same day as mine.
All the same diagnosis.....TIA
Strange.

Under the current circumstances, a TIA wouldn’t be all that unusual.

A TIA is sometimes called a “mini-stroke”; whereas an actual stroke is caused by a blood clot forming and then blocking a blood vessel (artery), with a TIA, the blockage is only temporary, usually causes no permanent damage.

But a TIA should be considered a Warning sign that a more serious stroke could be possible.

Another possibility is that you might have over-stressed the muscles and/or nerves in or near eye/optic nerve.

That “after image” you mentioned could simply be the result of the nerves controlling the focus of your eyes becoming fatigued over time as you spend more time viewing the screen on you tablet. Combined with the relatively bright light emitted by the device, your fixed focus on that screen-light could easily result, over time, in a latent image. Stress can play a part as well.

See a doctor, turn off your device(s) for a while, and get some fresh air.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

My fault I didn't read the link because I knew that offhand .

I wasn't trying to scare her either I just thought the info was pertinent .

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I do rebuke these symptoms
in Yeshua/Jesus name.

AMEN !

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Id try not wearing the mask for a couple weeks mamabeth before jumping to extreme conclusions. Could be something simple as you are getting too much CO2.

3 months of wearing a mask non stop and now your smelling false exhaust fumes but before the mask you were fine right?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Rule out anything 'environmental' first, Mama.

AC unit or dirty vents in your house.
A neighbor with a gas grill or generator.
Road work nearby.
One other possibility...with moisture outside and leaves beginning to fall there can be a musty smell outside.

As for smelling it while wearing a mask...no disrespect...but try mouthwash...your breath's smell can build up in the mask fabric.
edit on 31-8-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Rule out anything 'environmental' first, Mama.

AC unit or dirty vents in your house.
A neighbor with a gas grill or generator.
Road work nearby.
One other possibility...with moisture outside and leaves beginning to fall there can be a musty smell outside.

As for smelling it while wearing a mask...no disrespect...but try mouthwash...your breath's smell can build up in the mask fabric.

This is so true I need brush more myself.

Hope it turns out ok not sure if rebuking will help but then again I doubt it will hurt. Unless of course you decide Jesus got rid of the smelly demons and croak over from brain aneurysm...

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Cars are big, they are stinky....and they are expensive.
If I can ride a bicycle 200 kms, who the hell needs a car??

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is my ride.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

10 days ago I was sitting drinking my morning coffee and reading the news on my iPad, and my vision started dimming out of the blue. It was like I looked a bright light source and looked away and still had the image retention.
It freaked me out and I told my wife to call 911, ....

Do some looking on ocular migraines. I get them from time to time. Vision gets weird, not really blurry but more like refracted.

That could be what you're experiencing.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I never heard back from my doctor's office so I called
them again and left another message I hope they get.
I had a nap and feel a bit better,still smell that exhaust
and have a slight rushing sound in my head.Thank-you all
for your responses.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Wonder if your doc suspects an anaerobic bacterial infection.

Not sure which antibiotic you were prescribed. I have an allergy to Amoxicillin and experience brain fog/cotton head and 'head rushes' -- like my brain dekes my eyes. I struggle cognitively on it, and experience nausea, too. (Niacin/B3, gives me Niacin-flush, and I get head rushes on that, too.) Upping my water intake helps, but just a bit. No problem with sulfa drugs, though.

Hope you get a swift resolution. Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perhaps a sinus infection
I have had my sense of smell completely altered by those.

I also rebuke whatever it is in the name of Jesus

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That is strange, hopefully they can figure out what it is fast.

This has been a strange year as everyone already knows.
It freaked me out and I told my wife to call 911, EMS came and checked me out and as they were here, my vision came back.
All the tests they ran came back negative and they told me to go to the hospital, so I went.
They ran all kind of tests on my heart and gave me a Cat Scan on the blood flow to my head...all negative.
They said it was possibly a TIA or mini stroke but they cannot be certain.
Waiting for more test results today from my regular doctor.
Come to find out my neighbor across the street had almost the same thing happen to her the day before mine happened and another friend of ours had almost the same thing happen to him the same day as mine.
All the same diagnosis.....TIA
Strange.

I had something similar a couple of years ago. It was like someone put a washcloth in front of my vision, lowering it down a little at a time. It came back in about ten minutes, the same way it started. The top vision came back, then the bottom. I went to an eye surgeon and got checked out. He said it was likely a piece of plaque broke off an artery and plugged the arteries to my eye temporarily. There's one that feeds the top half, another that feeds the bottom half. He said if it happens again to gently press on my eye (closed lid) until I see the sparkly patterns that happen when you do that and let off. That puts pressure on the optic artery and causes a pressure backup. Releasing lets the pressure push out anything tiny that might be in there.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi! I’ve been having many of the same symptoms too but I am 99% sure it’s (at least mine) related to benign vertigo since I’ve had it before. I get vertigo periodically only when I lay back quickly or stand up quickly. When that is going on (usually lasts about a month) I will also get the “whoosh” in the head and smell gasoline/fumes. Benign vertigo is related to the little hairs in the ears getting out of whack and/or sinus issues. I’m not a doctor so I can’t say that’s what yours is too but we do have the same or very similar symptoms and that’s what I was told by my doctor the first time I had it and so I’ve always assumed that diagnosis was still correct every other time too. There are self-rolling exercises you can find on YT to give a try to see if they help. Sometimes they do right away and sometimes it takes a bit but they either eventually work or it just goes away on its own.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Okay. Go into the garage and check to see that your husband has not intentionally left the car running while he's out and you're home.

Not this has ever happened to me with the wife. Not even twice last month.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Glad you brought it up because it occurred to me that there have been times in the past when I've been all stuffed up that the smell of snot has altered my sense of smell and taste. Usually it hits my taste worst and everything has an after taste like rancid snot.

I hate it when it happens because it puts me off my feed. I'm such a flavor eater to begin with and then everything tastes like nasty boogers!

edit on 1-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Update...My doctor called me this morning and sent me
over to the ER.I was there for several hours having some
tests and got home about 40 minutes ago.They couldn't
find out way I have that smell but I do have a UTI.I will
be taking antibiotics for sinus infection and UTI,hopefully
this will be it.
I will be checking my vents and furnace filters since I can't
remember when they were cleaned last.Thank-you all for
your concern and thoughts.

top topics