It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond , WW2 in Virtual Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's been 8 years since the last game but now Medal of Honor is back and going Above and Beyond as a VR exclusive , developed by Respawn Entertainment Above and Beyond has been confirmed for Oculus headsets , the war will start sometime around Christmas.

Medal of Honor™: Above and Beyond is an action-packed, immersive VR experience set in World War II, where you step into the boots of an agent of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) in war-torn Europe. A deep single-player campaign takes you through historic events on land, air, and sea, sabotaging Nazi bases, subverting enemy plans, aiding the French Resistance, and much, much more. In this blog series, we’ll take you inside the development process, exploring everything from the lengths the audio team went to get the authentic sounds of a Sherman tank, to the in-depth interviews with WWII veterans featured in the game. In this first installment, we spoke with game director Peter Hirschmann about the development of the narrative campaign for Above and Beyond and got some inside intel on the missions ahead.
www.oculus.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Damn...I've been putting off buying a headset, but this might just push me enough to get one.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

As a Rift S owner I can heartily recommend that system , the inside out tracking is flawless saving the need for base stations and the visual quality is the best bang for the buck out there.

With companies like Valve and Respawn developing for the systems triple A VR is finally arriving , the future is bright.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What graphics card are you running?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

An RTX 2060 now but when I got the headset I had a GTX 1060 6gb and that ran just fine with the rift.
edit on 30-8-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Ah..good stuff. My main PC's got a Ryzen 5 with a 1080 ti so I should be good to go. Problem is it's over in Spain and I'm stuck in Aus til this virus crap blows over. So it's Minecraft on my old banger until I can get home........

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

A Ryzen 5 and a 1080 ti will do you just fine mate , looks like you're good to go.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

14k dial-up with AOL?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I guess I'm just picky but I have a Rift S and I can count the number of good VR games on one hand. This one, however, is something I'm looking forward to.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok this has finally convinced me its time to get the VR setup...

Jesus Christ.

CANT WAIT TO KILL SOME GODAMNT NATZEES

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Ok this has finally convinced me its time to get the VR setup...

Jesus Christ.

CANT WAIT TO KILL SOME GODAMNT NATZEES

Im right there with ya on that

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Gameplay trailer from this time last year .... this one completely passed me by.

It looked good a year ago !

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh my god that made my.... PSVR.... I know (sigh) look, well just crap.

top topics

join