It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me remember title of sci fi film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hi all.

Trying to find a film I saw years ago. Its a sci fi.

Basically the scene I remember is a few guys are on board one ship and have to jump across space back to their ship via an airlock. One of the guys does not have a space suit so they wrap him up in insulation and tell him to breath out as they make the jump.

Does anyone have any idea of what film this might be? Cannot for the life of me find it anywhere!

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

Sunshine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_(2007_film)

Suddenly, the two ships explosively decouple, destroying Icarus I's outer airlock, stranding the four crew members on it. With only one spacesuit, Mace suggests that Capa wear it and the rest of them wrap themselves in salvaged insulation material and then jettison between airlocks, using the vacuum release for propulsion. Searle then points out that one of them must stay behind to manually operate the airlock and volunteers to do it. Searle releases the airlock and the three crew members rocket into space. Harvey misses the airlock and freezes to death, while Capa and Mace make it back to Icarus II. Searle, having spent the mission obsessed with looking into the shielded sun, voluntarily exposes himself to its full, deadly force in the observation room.

slate.com...
edit on 23-8-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I couldv’e sworn in was a different film...

Nice one for jogging my memory though!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not wanting to make my own thread, but how about this quote?

"All this blood and no bodies"
"Sounds like your sex life!"

Not sure what it was, I heard it while someone was flipping through channels in the other room and always wondered what it was from.y they think it might have been one of those Japanese cartoons.
This was easily 15 years ago...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sunshine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_(2007_film)

Suddenly, the two ships explosively decouple, destroying Icarus I's outer airlock, stranding the four crew members on it. With only one spacesuit, Mace suggests that Capa wear it and the rest of them wrap themselves in salvaged insulation material and then jettison between airlocks, using the vacuum release for propulsion. Searle then points out that one of them must stay behind to manually operate the airlock and volunteers to do it. Searle releases the airlock and the three crew members rocket into space. Harvey misses the airlock and freezes to death, while Capa and Mace make it back to Icarus II. Searle, having spent the mission obsessed with looking into the shielded sun, voluntarily exposes himself to its full, deadly force in the observation room.

slate.com...

Bloody good film, visually a masterpiece!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I searched a couple of sites for quotes from movies/tv...did not find anything

originally posted by: a325nt

Not sure what it was, I heard it while someone was flipping through channels in the other room and always wondered what it was from.y they think it might have been one of those Japanese cartoons.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Are you sure it wasn't neon genisis Evangelion? "all this beer, and no sex life?"

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

The only reference to that quote about blood is from a book by Michael McBride called Mutation. Though nothing related to the sex life quip.
edit on 8/23/2020 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
sunshine is a very underrated movie.
go watch it!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

There is a scene similar to that in event horizon.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That sounds more like it, I watched the Sunshine scene and that wasn’t how I remembered it..

Will have a look at Event Horizon now.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join