It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war between Russians and reptilians in the North in 1582

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Great narrative RT. Thank you for sharing this and reminding us what ATS was built upon.

I caught an episode of "Unidentified" last night on Hulu that was discussing mythical creatures and one segment was on the "death wurm" mentioned in various forms across multiple societies. Nothing really mind-blowing but interesting nonetheless

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting OP! There are so many odd things in the historical record ... like people with faces on their tummies and others with dog's heads, for examples. It's rather difficult to judge legitimacy from a paucity of evidence and modern equivalents.

If we really are in a freedom fight with older, smarter reptoid humanoids, though, I'm gonna lose SO many bets!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ask Putin he probably wrestled one if they are real. Interesting read I like old things like this very cool.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Makes me think of Obama tribe in Africa.

Myth

For example, the story known as "Opondo's Children" is about a man called Opondo whose wife continuously gave birth to monitor lizards instead of human babies. These lizard babies were thrown away to die because they were hideous. Once, however, the parents decided to keep such a child and he grew to adolescence. As a teenager, this child loved to bathe alone in a river. Before swimming he would take off his monitor skin, and while swimming he mysteriously became a normal human being. His skin was, in fact, only a superficial covering.

One day a passerby saw him swimming and told his parents that he was a normal human being. Secretly, his parents went to watch him swim and discovered that he was in fact normal. They destroyed his skin and thereafter, the boy became accepted and loved by all in his community. For this reason, Opondo and his wife deeply regretted that they had thrown away all of their many monitor children. This tale teaches that compassion should be displayed toward children with physical defects.

Read more: www.everyculture.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Far below in some bottomless pit, (or at Rothchild's temple) reptoids are probably eating some unfortunate human right now.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

As far as I know, a dragon is depicted on the coat of arms of Wales. Our story is sometimes unexpected and exciting)))

Correct and it is the red dragon of King Arthur legend no less

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
thanks for sharing that love thoughts like this.

Like some others mentioned something happened in that time frame we just are not sure what.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Far below in some bottomless pit, (or at Rothchild's temple) reptoids are probably eating some unfortunate human right now.

The odds of that going on are rising day by day. Just think, a subterranean species of intelligent reptiles, that walk just like us. Why, they could even predate us by millions of years, and we would never know...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Cool post, reminds me of some fish guy that came out of the sea to teach the nomads about agriculture.
He was half fish.

And from there we became civilised... If that's what this is called

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If these ""crocodiles"" managed to exterminate ""state archers"" they obviously were not using there longbows in the appropriate manner.

Supposed to shoot from a distance, not hit them over the head with the weapon.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Before you twist your finger at my temple and call me an idiot or a conspiracy theorist, dear ATS forum members, please listen to my arguments.

In the Russian archives there is an ancient document, an artifact, called "The Second Novgorod Archival Chronicle". He describes the events of the 16th century that took place in the Russian northern cities of Veliky Novgorod and Pskov. The chronicle is written in the old Russian language and I will try to translate it into modern English.

"In the summer of 7090 (according to the Julian calendar from the creation of the world - my notes) crocodiles came out of the Great River, blocked the waterway and bit many people. People were horrified and prayed to God all over the earth. Later, some crocodiles fled back into the river, while others were exterminated state archers ".

Historical science simply does not know how to relate to this document: there is too little additional information. It is also known that in pagan times the inhabitants of these places had a cult of a certain Lizard ... But that's all.

Just in case, I clarify: no material evidence of the existence of "crocodiles" in the Pskov and Novgorod lakes (the word itself was familiar to Russians at that time) was not found. Not the slightest bone, not a tail scale, not a missing tooth. Nothing at all. Which automatically makes you strongly doubt the written evidence of their existence. And in general - scientists firmly say that large reptiles cannot live in such cold regions.

But some large amphibians may well. For example, the Chinese gigantic salamander, up to 180 cm in length, lives in cool mountain waters.

Perhaps Sigismund Herberstein and Jerome Horsey had such animals in mind. Herberstein described some "givoites" - either reptiles or amphibians, who were worshiped and fed by some Russians back in his time (body length - up to 70 cm), and Horsey - that he saw the corpse of a "crocodile-snake" people for some reason poked with spears, after which the corpse began to exude such a stench that the Englishman was already sick.

Perhaps some endemic species of large salamanders lived in the Velikaya River, which in 1582, for some reason, decided to crawl ashore and try to attack people. Either from hunger, or from a sharp climate change, or for some other reason. But people took action, and since then there are no "crocodiles" in the Great River.

By the way, this is far from the only mention of reptilians and crocodiles in Russia. A lot of them. I will only mention the book "Crocodiles on the Volga" published in 1768

Thank you for your feedback.

It was definitely crocodiles. Newts and salamanders don't block waterways.

They also don't attack people.

Having so many crocodiles that far north is crazy to think about, but the behavior of huddling along a long embankment is typical of crocodile dens in colder climates.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is awesome, thanks for sharing.

You should forward this story to Josh Gates.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: Tucket

The odds of that going on are rising day by day. Just think, a subterranean species of intelligent reptiles, that walk just like us. Why, they could even predate us by millions of years, and we would never know...

When I saw Jacob Rothschild was literally a living specimen of the Cone Skull type - I then began to seriously reconsider the biped reptilian possibilities.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ththema

For it to be crocs tho the average temp must have been higher those years...

I can't think of any other explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Half alien Jeffry Lash was a lizard

Dawn Marie believed that Bob, aka Jeffrey Lash, was a legit hybrid alien?” I ask, trying to make sense of what each woman believes.

“One day she came home very emotional and crying. She said, ‘There’s a God, there’s a God, there’s a God.’ I said, ‘OK … what’s going on?’ And she says ‘I saw Bob, and really, he has yellow eyes. He’s got like a reptilian body.’ And I said, ‘How did this happen?’ And she tells me ‘I saw him in the SUV like that.’ And I’m like, ‘OK…’ So, I started being very careful with her, mentally and emotionally. I saw major changes in six weeks that I could not explain. She was devoted to Catherine and Bob,” Laura says, hoping to explain her daughter’s behavior, but not understanding it herself. “It was like she gave up her whole life to do this.”

Lyons knew he lived with her. Lyons was the blonde in the Mercedes Benz that had no license plates. And the green trash bags that she dropped off every night? They were filled with special foods for Lash to eat the next day. According to her lawyer, Robert Cohen, for 31 years Lyons never took a vacation because she wanted to always be there for Lash.

www.whenthenewsstops.org...#:~:text=DAWN%20MARIE%20VADBUNKER

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Whether axiomatic, elements true or completely whacky this is the sort of stuff I came here for and we are lucky to have the perspective an dknowledge of someone from your part of the world.
Older English text refer to the 'Wurms' which are also interpreted as dragons - large, fierce reptillians whom the knights slain.
Thanks for sharing, quite interesting indeed.

I wanted to quote your reply and repeat it, as I think what you've written sums up my thoughts perfectly.
Information is open to interpretation and everyone needs to make up their own minds about things, but hearing new information with a reasonable grounding in documented records, is the sort of thing I enjoy.
You don't have to buy into it 100% to enjoy it - and obviously it's impossible to verify what actually happened in the day - until someone creates a working time machine that can travel back there.

Thanks "RussianTroll" - it's an interesting piece of folk lore.

edit on 18-8-2020 by muzj03 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I've just remembered from the news stories of my youth; wasn't there a Russian satirical magazine called "Krokodil"?

Yes, there was such a satirical magazine. It came out for about 70 years))

It's also a slang name for a very toxic drug that was used in portions of the old soviet territories / Russia (apologies for the lack of specifics with that, I can't recall if the documentary I watched was from Russia or the Ukraine etc).
I would caution anyone from looking it up, as it involves skin and flesh literally falling off people from the toxic poisoning.
The end results are truly horrific. You have been warned.
www.drugs.com...

...how could a drug do that sort of thing to people you ask ? - this is a quote from the link above:
" Organic solvents such as gasoline, paint thinner, or lighter fluid, iodine, hydrochloric acid, and red phosphorus (from matches) are used in homemade synthesis. "

edit on 18-8-2020 by muzj03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

stories like this are what make ATS such a great place!!
s&f

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Decomposing sturgeon can look crocodilian.

but do they bite

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

Decomposing sturgeon can look crocodilian.

but do they bite

You have to pay extra for that and agree on a safe word beforehand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join