It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the flu season be less severe due to masks?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Many Asian countries have been wearing masks when they are sick for a long time.
It is very common, and seen as a courtesy in order not to get other people sick.

Now we have Covid and a lot of people are wearing masks (yes both sick and not sick).
I really wonder if this will lessen outbreaks of the flu.

I wear a mask because I am able and I feel even if it helps a little it's worth it.
Without a doubt, if someone sneezes I would prefer both of us to wear a mask.
I know a lot of people pre-Covid were not courteous and would go out and cough all over the place when they were sick.
Maybe if anything Covid has made us aware of these things.

I've heard a VERY common argument used about immunity and even some touted by doctors. People are basically saying we NEED to get sick to
build our immunity. We need dirt, we need viruses to make us stronger etc.

Not So Fast!!!!!!!!!!!
www.health.harvard.edu...

Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.

The immune system is an extremely complex network of cells and molecules that researchers are still working to understand.

See that right there, advice from Harvard, take steps to AVOID infection!

I've read a lot about building your immune system. The fact is nobody knows for certain 100%. Many scientist think that it has a lot to do with our gut health.

I guess we will see this fall if mask wearing lessens typical fall influenza season.
edit on 16-8-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No clue if the masks will help but since everyone is disinfecting everything in sight I'd guess probably. Now that all the stores have set up collection of carts by employee to be disinfected after every use, separate in & out entrances, sanitizer stations every 50 ft the Flu has it's work cut out for it this fall!
Distancing will probably help as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

no one is talking about the elephant in the room and that is the immune system, instead of wasting billions on testings spend it on giving people the proper vitamins needed to increase peoples immunity and open up the economy.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

No clue if the masks will help but since everyone is disinfecting everything in sight I'd guess probably. Now that all the stores have set up collection of carts by employee to be disinfected after every use, separate in & out entrances, sanitizer stations every 50 ft the Flu has it's work cut out for it this fall!
Distancing will probably help as well.

Long term I wonder what all that disinfectant will have too. I saw a guy at Costco spraying carts with commercial sanitizer. I can't imagine it is good to be exposed to that for long periods.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I guess we will see this fall if mask wearing lessens typical fall influenza season.

I guess we will.... so, you're on board then? You in? I'm in.

we'll all wear masks just to see what happens

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I've read a lot about building your immune system. The fact is nobody knows for certain 100%. Many scientist think that it has a lot to do with our gut health.

Precisely right. What one eats, drinks, breathes, and engages in physical activity, one is.

Never took it seriously before, but you know the old meme - you are what you eat.

The immune system is freaking amazing beyond words. The human race needs to stay healthy (no question!).

We need to learn more about health of the entire body and spirit and mind. Whatever this is is not working for most people.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mask tests of various types by Dr. Ted Noel. Enjoy...

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

we'll all wear masks just to see what happens

This is the one & only thing that could give us a definitive answer as to how effective mask-wearing is or isn't.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The flu isn't even why but you will cover that face and
buy our masks.

link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

herd immunity is the key word, what ever happened to it, cancelled by Fauci

link   

I saw somewhere that in the last month or so, more people are dying of Flu and pneumonia than of Covid.

With a quick search I found this.

Flu and pneumonia are currently killing five times as many people in the UK as the coronavirus — while ongoing lockdowns have caused the worst recession there since records began, according to reports.

In the final week of July, there were 193 reported deaths blamed on coronavirus — compared to 928 people who died of flu or pneumonia in the same period, according to the Times of London.

It was the seventh consecutive week in which flu or pneumonia proved more fatal than COVID-19, the report said, citing figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Flu and pneumonia kill five times more in UK than COVID-19: reports

edit on 16-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Are you sure? I saw somewhere that in the last month or so, more people are dying of Flu and pneumonia than of Covid.

I have no doubt that people will still die of the Flu, Pneumonia and Covid, but the question is will it be lessened in any way?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

America's go for the easy quick fixes and patches.

Take a cholesterol drug instead of eating less red meat, etc.

That's one reason why doctors and pharmaceutical companies make so much money from American citizens.

Too many Americans will pay anything for a quick fix, to avoid having to live healthy.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

haven't you heard? its a plandemic, literary

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As of May, the CDC started combining pneumonia influenza and covid-19 into the covid-19 death category.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The hospitals have been doing about the same thing.

To get that Covid Cash!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

you need to research Robert Lustig, I watched a lecture of his 9 years ago, it was called "Sugar: The Bitter Truth"

thank me later

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Are you sure? I saw somewhere that in the last month or so, more people are dying of Flu and pneumonia than of Covid.

I have no doubt that people will still die of the Flu, Pneumonia and Covid, but the question is will it be lessened in any way?

I doubt it. Not with the masks most people are wearing. You need a pressure suit for real protection against an airborne virus.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

you need to research Robert Lustig, I watched a lecture of his 9 years ago, it was called "Sugar: The Bitter Truth"

thank me later

I think I actually watched that. sugar = poison

My mom is from a country that doesn't eat much sugar (if any). The very little she has is sickening to her, absolutely the opposite of the American palate.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Precisely right. What one eats, drinks, breathes, and engages in physical activity, one is.

Never took it seriously before, but you know the old meme - you are what you eat.

The immune system is freaking amazing beyond words. The human race needs to stay healthy (no question!).

We need to learn more about health of the entire body and spirit and mind. Whatever this is is not working for most people.

The immune system is freaking amazing, yet you want everyone to wear masks all the time. So the immune system needs the masks?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join