It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am psychosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've been diagnosed psychotic and I didn't under-stand why, I didn't even understood what it meant even when they explained it.

Oh yes, delusions and hallucinations but I couldn't notice it within myself since it was so integrated in my system.

Although I new I wasn't like the others from a young age, I slept a lot during the day but I was also very intuïtieve and intellectual I was also distorted by a psychosis.

Things have been very complicated.

Lately I seem to get a grasp on it, it's been taking years and years.

I don't want to talk about it much really but psychosis is real. I just want to feel normal and live a normal life now.

You might not know how hard it is and the mental energy it takes daily. It's destructive on a person.

This other, psychotic, reality becomes you as a person and there is a lot of suffering involved.

Thank God it seems to get better.

As a psychotisch person you don't interprete and understand things in a normal way and it's very real and you fight it with all of your might sometimes which is very draining. It's like your system is hijacked or hacked.

What could've helped me?

I've pretty much always been on a low dose of meds.
A lot could've helped me but nothing you could've done or could've come up at that moment I think.

I don't think there's a scissor to cut the strings of the puppet I was.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Psychotic disorders are a group of serious illnesses that affect the mind. They make it hard for someone to think clearly, make good judgments, respond emotionally, communicate effectively, understand reality, and behave appropriately.

When symptoms are severe, people with psychotic disorders have trouble staying in touch with reality and often are unable to handle daily life. But even severe psychotic disorders usually can be treated.

Types
There are different types of psychotic disorders, including:

Schizophrenia: People with this illness have changes in behavior and other symptoms -- such as delusions and hallucinations -- that last longer than 6 months. It usually affects them at work or school, as well as their relationships.

Schizoaffective disorder: People have symptoms of both schizophrenia and a mood disorder, such as depression or bipolar disorder.

Schizophreniform disorder: This includes symptoms of schizophrenia, but the symptoms last for a shorter time: between 1 and 6 months.

Brief psychotic disorder: People with this illness have a sudden, short period of psychotic behavior, often in response to a very stressful event, such as a death in the family. Recovery is often quick -- usually less than a month.

Delusional disorder The key symptom is having a delusion (a false, fixed belief) involving a real-life situation that could be true but isn't, such as being followed, being plotted against, or having a disease. The delusion lasts for at least 1 month.

Shared psychotic disorder (also called folie à deux): This illness happens when one person in a relationship has a delusion and the other person in the relationship adopts it, too.

Substance-induced psychotic disorder: This condition is caused by the use of or withdrawal from drugs, such as hallucinogens and crack coc aine, that cause hallucinations, delusions, or confused speech.

Psychotic disorder due to another medical condition: Hallucinations, delusions, or other symptoms may happen because of another illness that affects brain function, such as a head injury or brain tumor.

Paraphrenia: This condition has symptoms similar to schizophrenia. It starts late in life, when people are elderly.

Which one did they say you were? What are your symptoms?

You're saying "Hey y'all, I'm psychotic" and that's about all you're saying without giving any detail about anything.

(post by Out6of9Balance removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

What kind of delusions and hallucinations have you had?

I used to think I was Peter Pan and ate alot of peanut butter out the jar.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Drink cool, calming herbal tea.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Psychology is such an interesting topic. I now want to learn more about hese disorders and the processes which take effect in the mind. My uncle has Schizoaffective disorder. He has bipolar with the schitzophrinia. He is such a lovely person, however when he is in his down time... he is not nice at all. Then when he is back up, he does not remember what happened when he was down.

I can only immagine how draining that must be.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Were you diagnosed with sociopathic tendencies too?/SARC

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Happy to hear you are getting a grasp on your psychosis Out6of9Balance. I sufferred from hypertension when younger and had a small taste of how powerful the brain is, when it fights against us. Suggest you consider deep meditation. It trains the mind to minimize the level of thoughts that enters our conciousness. Allowing us to better focus on more positive energies.

I would also be mindful of being a label. Doctors tend to catorgorize many things they really dont understand. And that labeling can force negative energies onto us, all by themselves.

Remember, all of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Drink cool, calming herbal tea.

Good advice. Herbs are powerful. Something as simple as Chamomile can knock me out as good as weed and beer.
A proper sleep and diet can change things. Many of these illnesses are slow-wave disorders. Speed up the brainwaves during the day with isochronic tones and sleep well in a dark during the night. Coffee bad. Chewing Tobacco good 🙂
I watched a vid of a psychiatrist couple of months back and it was it. He is into physical examination of the brain with SPECT scan and he said that the industry is full of BS, that only biological causes make sense. There's no point in analysing the mind.
Absolutely. It doesnt matter what noise his brain produces. The cause is physical, like parasites, bacteria, heavy metals, lack of minerals, vitamins, iodine, all the way to gene expression and stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25363855]FlyingSquirrel[/post

wow lcame across what you wrote today at a recycle book shop. Old book it was. Very spot on and easy to understand

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Hang in there, you're not alone.

I haven't thought of living with psychosis long term. I have been hospitalized numerous times over the years for it however. I have a Bipolar Type 2 diagnosis.

A part of me despises taking my meds, however I've learned the hard way that the stability they provide is the key to help move my life forward long term.

There's often a lot of stigma around discussing mental health. Often when I raise the issue, many more people then I imagined have had loved ones who are going through this.

It's really good to study and educate yourself about your condition.I think this really helped me to accept and get back to living life productively.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

What kind of delusions and hallucinations have you had?

I used to think I was Peter Pan and ate alot of peanut butter out the jar.

The OP said:

I don't want to talk about it much really but psychosis is real. I just want to feel normal and live a normal life now.

Why do you feel the need to be a jerk? Actually, more like a bully. It's like you're compensating for something lacking or perhaps exceptionally small in your own like.

Yeah, don't be a jerk. OP, just ignore this little person.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You can only hallucinate when the world is real. Find what is real and make the world a hallucination.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Your current avatar reminds me very much of what I called Ralstead.

The term was mostly used as an adjective, as in: Oh, there's that ralsteadious monster again.

Basically a blob made up of many human body parts, lots of screaming heads.

But the Purinas, resembling human hands, were able to help people escape.
Purina Liberators they were.

edit on 16-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

At right about your age a lady gave me a book written by a clinical psychologist, heavily Jungian with lots of Mircea Eliade quotes. It was a case study of a patient who had been diagnosed as having had a psychotic break.

You might want to take a look at Shaman's Way.

I haven't read much of that website, but it seems better than this other guy's ( kind of had the U.S. monopoly on Shamanism ) books.
edit on 16-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
I've been diagnosed psychotic and I didn't under-stand why, I didn't even understood what it meant even when they explained it.

This is virtually always due to serious long term nutritional/mineral deficiencies.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You have to be a member to know that

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was originally diagnosed with Psychosis
I think they thought my mental problems were going to go away
Now I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, Depression and Anxiety
I'm on pills for all of them but they only make you so much better
they don't work 100%.

At first they seamed to help me more but they took me off of them
I went nuts again and they put me on a new medication
but it made me worse
They reverted back to the original but it didn't work as well as before

The thing is people think i'm a bad guy because of my illness
but I am actually not
They are filming me everywhere I go
and trying to screw me over

I'm also sure I am being spied on in my own house and my mums house
I can hear voices talking about me in them
I know it sounds like my illness but i'm sure they are 100% real

They also somehow don't even have to hear me out loud
It's as if they can read my mind
as I say I know it sounds nuts but to me it's true

They are trying to ruin and possibly end my life
I don't know how they are doing it though ?
If it's new tech or they are using some sort of witchcraft

Thing is I can't go to the police because I'll just end up in a mental hospital
and they don't even have bug detecting equipment here either

I know no one will believe me because of my mental health issues
but 7 bottles of my blood went missing
I went back and another 3 went missing
my doctor said i haven't had blood taken since 2017 when i saw him

I even had a lump cut out of my tongue that went missing

I fear it will take my death for anyone to believe
and maybe by then no one will even care

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sandro420

but 7 bottles of my blood went missing
I went back and another 3 went missing

If you had blood samples drawn, they would have been sent to a lab.

How in the heck would you know the count of blood samples "on hand" at any time, where ever they happened to be "on hand" ?

I even had a lump cut out of my tongue that went missing

You don't get biopsy samples back. The examination process is what is called "destructive".

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sandro420

I just do what they do if they were me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join