It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call To All ATSers: The ATSNN Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
this post is for ALL ATSers...

when i first heard about the ATSNN and the fact that members could contribute to it by posting their own stories i thought: "This is not for me. How can II post a great story that can be posted on ATSNN???"...

i finally tried it out and it is pretty simple...

there are step-by-step instructions that are so easy to follow...

now, why does this concern you???

here is where the "call" comes in...

i want ALL ATSers to at least TRY to post a story on the ATSNN...

this will help ATS grow and it will also help YOUR posting ability...

the reason it helps YOUR posting ability is because the step-by-step ATSNN guide tells you to: have an introduction, quote some info. from the article and then tell what you think...

after trying to post in the ATSNN i want ALL of your "thread starting" posting to have an introduction, quote some info. from the article and then tell what you think...

this will help your posting ability...

enjoy and happy posting!!!

EDIT: here is the link to post ATSNN stories:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-3-2005 by they see ALL]

[edit on 15-3-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Come on. Isn't this site overrun with news stories already?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Come on. Isn't this site overrun with news stories already?

isn't this what helps ATS grow???

it also makes it a better place...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Been there, done that.

My personal policy remains that real news is elsewhere, quality discussion can be here.

It's a personal choice, no criticism of anyone intended.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
they see ALL, you are correct, it does improve one's posting ability. And it is simple, if you just follow the instructions. Also, do a spell check before submittal. This will save you the hassle of doing it over again.
There is one moderator though that should spell check,
not calling any names. I see errors in grammer quite frequently in his posts. The submittal process has made me more more conscious on spelling and structure.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Relevant words from the grubby, tree-hugging, reincarnation of Diogenes;

"I am sure that I never read any memorable news in a newspaper. If we read of one man robbed, or murdered, or killed by accident, or one house burned or one vessel wrecked...we need never read of another. One is enough. If you are acquainted with the principle, what do you care for a myriad instances and applications? To a philosopher, all news, as it is called, is gossip and they who edit and read it are old women over their tea."

I thought it a particularly timely quote. Theyseeall, I'm not pissing on your parade, honestly, I think it was a pretty good idea to inspire new people to learn the ropes so to speak. Then again, it's a pretty simple matter to find and follow ATSNN guidelines, and I secretly (not anymore, damnit) wonder if those who cannot find their way along the various paths in life should not be left alone to stumble and weep.

hehe See how Emerson effects me? I get this sentimental, soft-touch, veneer/laquer spread all over my pragmatist's logic. It's pretty..but sticky.

I'm going to go hug a tree, carry on.

:wanders off to hug a tree:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well I just submitted my second attempted at ATSNN news before I knew it I had a U2 informing me of grammar errors no one could have read my submisson that fast.

Unless the mods appoint people to point out what the mistakes are (not fix the errors!) Im not going to bother submitting ATSNN news.

Note the thread I refer to has been deleted because the topic was already up my fault should have checked.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well I just submitted my second attempted at ATSNN news before I knew it I had a U2 informing me of grammar errors no one could have read my submisson that fast.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by xpert11]

Actually WE ARE that fast

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ACtually it does help....good suggestion They See All....but not for everyone.

If we have everyong posting news it's going to get messy and I don't think a lot of people can keep their bias out.

Now people call me biased but that's cuz it's true but I also know when it's time to be non-partial.

I definately improved my posting ability after writing for ATSNN and FredT's suggestions always made me work harder. I love posting a ATSNN article and never getting that annoying u2u, it means you did a good job!

Good work all..

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I definately improved my posting ability after writing for ATSNN and FredT's suggestions always made me work harder. I love posting a ATSNN article and never getting that annoying u2u, it means you did a good job!

Sup, 00ps, nice new avatar.

Don't be discouraged if you get the infamous U2U. I seem to get one with every other story I submit. I appreciate it, U2Us point out mistakes I have failed to catch, mistakes spelling/grammar check missed (you should always spellcheck before submitting), and forces me to write better.

If you really want to encourage more people to submit news, why have you not pointed out the benefits one receives in terms of points for the story (250, I think) and triple the points for responses (15 per response, I believe)? This will, in fact, appeal to point hoes. Personally, I think that the news is being covered just fine. Besides, how many stories (interesting, anyway) can there be out there at any given time?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Actually a voted in story receives 750 points, so its not unreasonable to expect a modicum of grammar and spelling etc.

And as Trick pointed out some of us are that fast. Scary as the thought may be

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes but by the right persons -seemingly Fair, Outreached, Decisive, Resolute but most importantly - willing to Listen (open minded)!.
2thumbsup..
Dallas

new topics

top topics

join