It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is New York City falling apart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I think the op is referring to this article and douchenozzle
Michael weinstein.

NYT douchenozzle

Yeah, Covid related crap, not because the City was unsafe for the past 20 years. Hell, it's gotten quite boring since the 90's.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If I had the choice of living on either Long Island or Easter Island I would choose Easter Island.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
If I had the choice of living on either Long Island or Easter Island I would choose Easter Island.

Long Island isn't part of New York City.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You couldn't prove it by me. It's all wall-to-wall people up there. I used to run I 95 up through there and It reminded me of a hive of ants pouring out of a disturbed nest.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You couldn't prove it by me. It's all wall-to-wall people up there. I used to run I 95 up through there and It reminded me of a hive of ants pouring out of a disturbed nest.

I-95 doesn't go through Long Island.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I-95 doesn't go through Long Island.

You are certainly being knit picky this morning.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Maybe because your comments sound as incorrect as the Original Poster's.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

He is also being so racist and mean. This is not an argument.

Many articles about how sad Manhattan is-and lonely.

Most of us don't live there. We only know what we read so shoot us.

And please, stay away from Florida-especially grouchy NYers.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yada, yada, yada. Someone brushed your cat hair in the wrong direction this morning?

Damn Yankees.

edit on 12-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
And please, stay away from Florida-especially grouchy NYers.

You couldn't pay me to live in the sweaty insane crotch of the United States.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yada, yada, yada. Someone brushed your cat hair in the wrong direction this morning?

No, it's just a dopey thread with no substance. If the Original Poster put any effort into this he would have used the same or a similar article to what AG used. It shows that Covid lockdowns are causing the issue, up until April New York City's economic outlook was strong, I should know, I sell to many of the people mentioned in that article and plenty who weren't.

This economic situation will not be isolated to just New York City, our economy is highly intertwined, anyone thinking that because they live elsewhere that they won't be impacted by a plethora of national brands going bankrupt shows a high degree of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Masonicus, you must be one frustrated person here in that 99% of the OPs here are "...just a dopey thread with no substance".
Do you let this site get under your skin?

I had opossum for breakfast this morning. Do you have possum up there?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Masonicus, you must be one frustrated person here in that 99% of the OPs here are "...just a dopey thread with no substance".
Do you let this site get under your skin?

No, do you let me pointing this fact out get under yours?

I had opossum for breakfast this morning. Do you have possum up there?

Yes, there's a family that hangs around my cherry tree. We also don't eat them since there's more than one or two places to get meat around here and none of them are the road.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The northeastern opossum is an extinct species, because of all the roads up there. For you to have possum for breakfast it would have to be shipped in.

Have you ever picked your teeth with a possum-dick bone?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The northeastern opossum is an extinct species, because of all the roads up there. For you to have possum for breakfast it would have to be shipped in.

Guess the ones eating my cherry tree's fruit didn't get the memo.

Have you ever picked your teeth with a possum-dick bone?

Sorry, not much for putting dick bones in my mouth, guess I'm just not sophisticated or adventurous enough to try that.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i went to school and worked in manhattan. now i live across the hudson.
the bars in hoboken are open all night.

in nyc, the bars close at 11 or 12.

deblassio has let the homeless back in, they are just camping out everywhere begging again. beggers in the 80s, 90s they got rid of them, and deblassio let them back in.

i usually go into the city to hit the bars, and my friend says for sure restaurants and stuff are packed during the daytime, but at night it shuts down. since i go in at night, i have not been there.

even if rent dropped, i would not move into the city cause i love my car lol.

but i know a few people who have now realized they can work at home, and they are hoping they can work at home forever. if companies let that happen, it will for sure change nyc a little.

if they can get rid of the homeless and increase cops lower crime, nyc will be awesome.
if the commies do not, well then nyc will go back to nyc in the 1970s, and it was a crazy but creepy dangerous place.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

JC/Hoboken are like the 6th borough of New York City.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Came for the doom and gloom..

Stayed for the Dick Bones!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Most urban big cities run by Democrats are falling apart. It is a confluence of factors coming into play.

1) Cost of living. NYC is typically considered the most expensive city in the US. Making $500k-$1million in NYC is a middle class family and you are going to live like someone making $50k to $100k in most cities.

2) COVID has made companies realize that working remotely is possible. So now people are realizing they don't have to stay in NYC or other big cities to maintain their careers.

3) Liberal management of the lockdown and SJW rioters is making normal people nervous. Kids are being kept out of schools hurting dual income workers and they see how rioters are being coddled.

I work in mortgage business. I've literally had more people buying 2nd homes in rural areas this summer than at anytime in nearly 20 years in this business.

My wife mentioned that the GAP said they weren't going to reopen a store in NYC. The rent on the store was $225,000 / MONTH. It isn't worth it anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join