It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is New York City falling apart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just read some information about many Industries and restaurants and businesses are leaving New York City I can't post a link I don't know how to do it on the phone but for those that live on the east coast what is happening to New York City all the high-end stores from this article says they're not coming back they are leaving
edit on 0800000048272020-08-12T00:27:48-05:00274808am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0800000009292020-08-12T00:29:09-05:00290908am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Most urban concrete sewerage systems last a max of 100 years. Start from there......
$$$$

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The city has been through worse.
Many times over.

But the "well to do" who pay
50% of the taxes are thinking it is
not such a good investment these days.

Then you have dual income families
who might have to live on one income
if the schools do not open.

When one domino falls...
The horror.
P.S. The Good Dr. recommends that your take a break from The Internet for 10 days. S&F
edit on 12-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ha!
Good point.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I can tell you that a bunch of them are in Florida. Many are just trying to escape whatever is happening there. Unfortunately many others have arrived here on orders to destroy and stir trouble. And I think the mayor of tampa is in on it. She just put together an economic advisory panel for a committee to steer our future. Its got friggin 21 advisors on it, and some of them are merely reps of the NAACP and even the CDC. Sounds like one of those crony comittee boards where a bunch of people's friends and political donors assymetricaly run a city behind the elected officials while getting paid with tax dollars.

Mayor Jane Castor of Tampa is attempting to reproduce the corruption model of Chicago and NYC, or at least those behind her.

I hope the officials at Macdill can see it happening and ensure it gets all jumbled up with investigations into these folks. Would not be surprised if some of those 21 are coordinating the organized protests around central florida.

edit on 8-12-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
the whole world is gonna falling apart...
if next year the factswill be that vaccin's dont work there will be only 2 types of humans remain..
the infected and the non infected..
so wat to do to prefent infection...:-(((

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

It's just gotten to the point where many businesses no longer think it's worth paying a premium just to say they have a New York location.

In New York, businesses are paying a quarter million dollars a month in rent, when for a fraction of that cost they can do the same numbers in say, Florida.
New York is price gouging it's way out of business.

The recent hysteria has just highlighted an existing problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

It's just gotten to the point where many businesses no longer think it's worth paying a premium just to say they have a New York location.

In New York, businesses are paying a quarter million dollars a month in rent, when for a fraction of that cost they can do the same numbers in say, Florida.
New York is price gouging it's way out of business.

The recent hysteria has just highlighted an existing problem.

so it is very true that many people live in the big cities here in Japan many people are leaving the big cities it's mostly young young students that graduated that don't have jobs and the economy here is flat I mean truly very flat you can get jobs usually if you're willing to work in the Agricultural and fishing industry but high tech jobs is very flat it's very sad to see all these businesses close the mom and pop stores that have been in business for two or three generations in all the downtown situations I mean perhaps the newspapers are showing on Tokyo or Osaka is bursting with business businesses that night time seriously people it is really a flat economy

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I just read some information about many Industries and restaurants and businesses are leaving New York City I can't post a link I don't know how to do it on the phone but for those that live on the east coast what is happening to New York City all the high-end stores from this article says they're not coming back they are leaving

Are they? I must have missed that with me living here and all.

More s***-stirring from some guy in Japan.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nyc has been falling apart for a while.
It's in line behind LA and Chicago.

You can't put that many awful people in one spot and expect a different outcome.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: musicismagic

Are they? I must have missed that with me living here and all.

More s***-stirring from some guy in Japan.

Maybe you did miss it.

www.forbes.com... 1ac
New Yorkers Are Leaving The City In Droves: Here's Why They're Moving And Where They're Going

One million people have fled New York City and the tri-state area—which encompasses New Jersey, Connecticut and Long Island—in the last nine years. According to Bloomberg, almost 300 people are moving out of the area per day.

This trend is not exclusive to the New York metropolitan area. Many similar regions are seeing their residents migrate to other states. Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, as well as Connecticut’s Hartford, Bridgeport and New Haven, have all experienced a substantial exodus of people.
edit on 12-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

The Original Post was short, he was referring to businesses and implied it's recent.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I can't argue the fine details because I don't live anywhere near NY thankfully, but there have been increasingly more reports coming out of that area of the financially able residents moving out of that area in increasing numbers lately.
I just hope they don't move into my neighborhood.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you a drink!' as he fights off calls to raise their taxes - which he fears may scare them away forever.

duckduckgo.com... dexp%22%3A%22b%22%2C%22prdsdexp%22%3A%22c%22%2C%22wiadrk%22%3A%22b%22%2C%22langexp%22%3A%22b%22%7D

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Again, not what the poorly constructed Original Post was saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The OP has a language barrier to overcome.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Their lack-of-a-source barrier is a bit more of a concern. They constantly s*** post without sources.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Dear NYC, we don't want your people in FL.

Signed, everybody of FL

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Their lack-of-a-source barrier is a bit more of a concern. They constantly s*** post without sources.

I fully agree with you on that point and I did make that point in one of my more recent posts in another of his threads.
But on the other hand, I post quite a bit of dribble that doesn't make much sense myself, and English is my first and only language.

Sometimes, I try to read between the lines and give the OP a little leeway in their presentations.

It's a given that if or when people leave an area jobs and businesses are soon to follow.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I think the op is referring to this article and douchenozzle
Michael weinstein.

NYT douchenozzle

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It's a given that if or when people leave an area jobs and businesses are soon to follow.

Not necessarily. We've had several families move into the neighborhood from Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn since the 'Vid hysteria started and they all said that was their reason. Guess where their jobs still are? In Manhattan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join