It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real airline safety briefing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Anyone who flies should listen and think about what is being said in the following video. No jokes, no curtsies, just the plain honest truth that could save your life.
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I thought that was going to be horrifying, but it was actually reassuring!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The aircraft crashing statistic, yep I call bullshlt.

You dont have that a high percentage of surviving a plane crash.

That being said, it is safer to fly than drive, so you probably won't be in a crashing plane either.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You actually do have that much chance to survive the initial crash, depending on how you crash. Flying into a mountain, or nose diving into the ground, you have a far lower chance. But most crashes are on takeoff or landing, where most deaths occur in post crash fires or exposure.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Great video and actually far more watchable than the Airlines official safety video's.

I would add one more danger to this though - Airline food, he does mention barely edible food but back in 98 I flew to Japan, no problem, stayed two week's, no problem, came back on a British Airways plane ate some smoked salmon and ended up with mild food poisoning, not sure if that classes as air safety or just British Airways food safety.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That was great!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That is awesome! I just shared it on my Facebook page. I have a real phobia of flying, and this video actually made me feel better.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

One of the worst aviation disasters in history was Japan Airlines flight 123. There were 520 people on board when it crashed in the mountains of Japan. A USAF C-130 found the crash site fairly quickly, and the US was ready to go in, but there was no formal request. By the time the JASDF found them, it was close to sunset, so they had to wait until the next morning.

By the time it was over, there were four survivors. But, when the medical examiners did autopsies, they found a surprisingly large number of passengers were alive after the crash, and died of their injuries or exposure while waiting for rescue. The odds of being in an accident on an aircraft are shockingly remote, but there really is a good chance of surviving it if you are.

Another good example is United 232. When Al Haynes, the pilot, saw the video of them cartwheeling down the runway, he asked his wife who that was, and said no one got out of that one alive. Somewhere around half the passengers and crew survived.

top topics

join