It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Eurovision 2020 - Russians won

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Although formally this year, Eurovision was canceled due to the coronavirus, but the clips of the participants were posted on the official website, on which they competed with each other in popularity. The covid virtual Eurovision was held.

Representatives of Russia, the punk-pop-rave group "Little Big" from St. Petersburg, took the unconditional first place, having received 138 million views. The closest rival, Azerbaijani singer Samira Efendi, had only 6 million.

The victory of the Russian group was predetermined from the very beginning, but recently the Russians overtook not only the contenders of 2020, but also the absolute leader of previous years, the body-positive Israeli Neto Barzilai.

Personally, this group is incomprehensible to me, alien, just not like it. I am a lover of good old rock. But everyone knows by what criteria it is customary to evaluate performers at Eurovision. It's hard for me to imagine that in modern conditions bands and performers like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones or Suzy Quatro, and even ABBA won.

But the fact that a white and cisgender group from a country with traditional values ​​won at Eurovision 2020 is very unpleasant for ideologues of perverse tolerance. With which I congratulate you))

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well thanks for your awesome thread, really appreciate the opportunity to view...that... 😏

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Congratulations on your win , Eurovision is now yours to treasure.

The victory of the Russian group was predetermined from the very beginning,

Kinda like your Presidential elections then.

But the fact that a white and cisgender group from a country with traditional values ​​won at Eurovision 2020 is very unpleasant for ideologues of perverse tolerance.

TBH nobody cares about Eurovision other than those with perverse tolerance and questionable musical taste , Congratulations on your win.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yes, of course. There is now a permanent Slav majority built into the voting system (has been since the break-up of the U.S.S.R), so a Russian victory is as inevitable and meaningless as Lance Armstrong winning the Tour de France.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, of course. There is now a permanent Slav majority built into the voting system (has been since the break-up of the U.S.S.R), so a Russian victory is as inevitable and meaningless as Lance Armstrong winning the Tour de France.

Well, not always the same to be tolerant of the Anglo-Saxon majority.
While it was like this, it suited you, but now you are complaining.
I understand that the call to act like men will not move you.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
And this is why Americans see Europe as G H E Y

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The funny thing is that some counties take Eurovision seriously.

Here in Britain it's always been a joke. That's why " serious musicians " would never get involved with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The funny thing is that some counties take Eurovision seriously.

Here in Britain it's always been a joke. That's why " serious musicians " would never get involved with it.

I don’t believe a billion dollar business is taken as a joke. Although it may be if the business is someone else's and it is insulting

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Whaatt?! No bearded Austrians of uncertain gender?

Well. I have no idea if this group has any talent, but I'm happy to admit that Russia has long produced very fine artists and musicians. So, to that truth, I say --

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Whaatt?! No bearded Austrians of uncertain gender?

Well. I have no idea if this group has any talent, but I'm happy to admit that Russia has long produced very fine artists and musicians. So, to that truth, I say --

Cheers

Bearded Austrians are a blow below the belt))))
And these nice guys are the best friends of European housewives (if any).

Hello my friend)))

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don’t believe a billion dollar business is taken as a joke.

I can't speak for other countries who as i said take Eurovision seriously. Here in Britain it's nothing more than a comedy show once a year.

The Uk/BBC treat Eurovision like a joke” were the claims made by one of Britain’s current most successful bands today. Adam Anderson of the band “Hurts” was speaking to Gigwise today after the announcement that Bonnie Tyler would be flying the flag for the UK at Eurovision 2013

eurovisionireland.net...

Could you imagine if acts like David Bowie, Queen, Coldplay, Radiohead, Adele, etc etc had taken part. They never would because it's just a pathetic contest for joke acts.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Naturally, BBC doesn't like Eurovision. This business project is owned by the European Broadcasting Union, which includes the most influential commercial TV companies in Europe, one from each country. From UK - ITV.
If, instead of ITV, BBC entered, its attitude would be the opposite.

Maybe that's why the most significant British performers are not included in the competition. But in terms of mass character, popularity and business, Eurovision is undoubtedly a serious project.
Although, I repeat, I don't like it.
edit on 2-8-2020 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: alldaylong

Naturally, BBC doesn't like Eurovision. This business project is owned by the European Broadcasting Union, which includes the most influential commercial TV companies in Europe, one from each country. From UK - ITV.
If, instead of ITV, BBC entered, its attitude would be the opposite.

Maybe that's why the most significant British performers are not included in the competition. But in terms of mass character, popularity and business, Eurovision is undoubtedly a serious project.
Although, I repeat, I don't like it.

The BBC is one of the major contributors to the cost of Eurovision. They need our money to run it.

The UK is one of the so-called Eurovision ‘Big Five’ who get a guaranteed place in the finale due to the financial contribution they make to help stage the contest. The other four of the ‘Big Five’ are France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

www.express.co.uk...

Just thought i would put you right on that.

edit on 2-8-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join