It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's going to get worse before November

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I will stand with the US but only because Donald Trump is still your president.

If we're talking in the context of the dollar given your article, I don't understand how this is your conclusion.

Obviously Biden would be no better, but even before COVID we were trashing the USD. We have still been on an exponential growth path with debt.

Now, I'll be the first to say congress controls the purse, but Trump has signed off on a lot of it. He's not a fiscal conservative, he spends like his predecessors.

The narrative he's saving the republic via the economy just doesn't fly, even if we were nice and omitted COVID... Which we've handled poorly given the Fed's reaction.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How dare you say that! The self proclaimed 'King of Debt' said he would wipe out our debt but I think he may have be misunderstood and actually said, "I will wipe us out with debt".

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How dare you say that! The self proclaimed 'King of Debt' said he would wipe out our debt but I think he may have be misunderstood and actually said, "I will wipe us out with debt".

Maybe we should phrase it in a way that's more palatable to his supporters.

Trump is clearly better than Obama. He's better at promising one thing and doing another, in such a way that his base will still support.

I think if we use that language we might get some traction.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

LOL. You actually don't have to do that.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I got the impression that the troublemakers in the U. S. is and was still a small minority being given too much airtime by the media whoremongers.

Luckily this time around the Bolsheviks are too stupid to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I got the impression that the troublemakers in the U. S. is and was still a small minority being given too much airtime by the media whoremongers.

That's where you are making a possible fatal mistake.

Never underestimate your enemy.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Lines are clearly being drawn at every level. Good or bad, it seems time to pick sides or draw your own line in the sand.
edit on 31-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

www.rt.com...

People used to say when Alan Greenspan sneezes the world catches a cold.

Well, we are way past the sniffles this flu season.

It was for this very reason Libya was given a nobel peace prize winning Obama era enema.

The gloves are off. The fighters have taken it outside the ring and the referee is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, the United States has a history of sending its military overseas to pave the way for its corporations.

That foreign policy will now further polarize the world into two camps.

Anybody else and we're cooked.

So... once he is out of office, the next president can rekindle our friendship with China right?

Yep, democrats actively want to be China's little bltch.

Vote Biden, watch the country fall to peices.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

www.rt.com...

It was for this very reason Libya was given a nobel peace prize winning Obama era enema.

The gloves are off. The fighters have taken it outside the ring and the referee is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, the United States has a history of sending its military overseas to pave the way for its corporations.

The way I read that, is that Donald Trumps trade war with China, the tariffs, the insults etc... Has led to China devaluing the dollar, with help from Russia..

So... once he is out of office, the next president can rekindle our friendship with China right?

Do you honestly believe that if Befuddled Biden takes the reigns, China and Russia are going to reverse course on this?

"Oh our bad; we were just fooling around."

Honestly, pick your poison on this: capitulate on Chinese trade and continue with this farce of a "fair trade deal" where everything is made in China and they hold all the cards
~or~
We incur a weakening of the $ from some countries switching currencies for their bi-lateral trade.

Keep in mind they don't call it the PETRO-DOLLAR for nothing. Russia and China can agree to pay each other in whatever currency they please for purposes of their trade activity, but //what percentage of the global trade pie is that//?

I will start to worry if and when the OPEC and the countries they trade among are no longer using the dollar. Until then, this is just a flesh wound.

"Stay The Course"

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well said.

The only difference, or course, in this cycle is that some % of the "Aristocracy" has thrown in their lot with the "Bolsheviks". 'Round these parts, they term it "woke".

So while I agree with your comparison is broad terms, the "Bolsheviks" here have a 5th column among the "Aristocracy" aiding and abetting them, so despite the laughable intellectual impotence of the "Bolsheviks" in general, with the resources and steering they get, the otherwise unachievable seems to be within grasp.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

LOL. You actually don't have to do that.

Oh I know. I was half joking. I've barked up that tree before. No sense in it.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Never underestimate your enemy. This can have a devastating effect. But a greater threat and trouble can come from over-estimating your enemy. Thinking that they are more powerful or dangerous than they are.
Look at the evidence and facts. Russia and China have mass armies and you think that is the crux. First think on Vietnam. Mighty America laid low, with all their weaponry and might, bought down by peons. Well armed peons, but peons no the less.
Russia and China have "show" armies, neither of them WILL all out invade any country. China and India? Minor skirmishes on the border. Why doesn't China use all it's forces to invade India? Russia in the countries around Russia? Minor skirmishes or paid for insurrectionists. Why doesn't Russia go all out with it's massive forces?
Please don't say "the rest of the world would object". I've said it before and I'll say it again and keep repeating it till see what is actually happening.
IF Russia or China wants any country (and that includes the US) they'll just buy it. China is buying swaythes in the US and Africa. They aint fighting or losing lives. Same with Russia, they have money coming out of their ears so why fight when you can buy the opposition.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Are you from the US? What is happening in your state?

Where I'm from we mostly get the Anti Trump globalist viewpoint neatly packaged by Reuters and AP and happily regurgitated by the liberal media.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the de-Dollarization is just a 10% impact item...

What's more troubling is the Reserve Status of the USD getting stripped away (thats a 90% impact item)

the world's confidence in the USD is at '93' now, but with these continuing COVID Bailouts at the 3-4 $Trillion dollar each level.... the rest of the World will respond with ZERO Purchases of Treasuries/Bonds from the USA
The World will limit their trade with overvalued USA goods, and even forcefully devalue-the-Dollar when the USD Confidence dives into the mid to low 80% level -->>

then its off-to-the-races...& the only Status the USA has left --->> Is as a Nuclear Power that's ready to First Strike anyone for any reason............. Economic/existential/political/trade or tariff

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The way I read that, is that Donald Trumps trade war with China, the tariffs, the insults etc... Has led to China devaluing the dollar, with help from Russia..

I heard that when Trump is out of office and the next president comes in it will finally be the time when the almighty will part the clouds and reveal it self. The world will be a utopia for eternity thereafter ... what are we waiting for?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

www.rt.com...

If by frienship you mean trades designed to benefit China and harm the U. S. and its people, then yes.

If by harming the U.S. and Benefiting China you mean, a maintaining a strong US dollar... then... Im struggling to see how it REALLY harms the US as a whole?

a trade is when you give something up to get something... I guess you seek a trade where you dont have to give anything... isnt that stealing?

Open your eyes don't be so damn naive. We can lead you to water but you gotta drink it yourself.

China is asshole.
edit on 31-7-2020 by Lysergic because: Spilled batsoup

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

www.rt.com...

If by frienship you mean trades designed to benefit China and harm the U. S. and its people, then yes.

If by harming the U.S. and Benefiting China you mean, a maintaining a strong US dollar... then... Im struggling to see how it REALLY harms the US as a whole?

a trade is when you give something up to get something... I guess you seek a trade where you dont have to give anything... isnt that stealing?

-supporting modern day slavery in some aspects
-by trade, you mean giving them notes to creat an imbalance
-supporting one of the most repressive regimes
-continuing to ship jobs away
-funding human rights violations for their nation and others

All those just off the top of my head. Sounds fine to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"The way I read that, is that Donald Trumps trade war with China, the tariffs, the insults etc... Has led to China devaluing the dollar, with help from Russia..

So... once he is out of office, the next president can rekindle our friendship with China right?"

-----------

I would hazard that there will be no re-kindling of the friendship between the US and China no matter what happens in the US President's spot next, as long as the CCP remains in power.

It isn't so much China vs the US, as it is the CCP vs much of the rest of the world at this point, IMHO
edit on 31-7-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: made it look better - format

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
China has been beating the war drum long before Trump took the reigns. We were making it too expensive to take action before by paying them with trade, secrets ect. But their provocations have occurred with the south china sea and ignoring sanctions with NK for quite some time. While I dislike the US trying to play police in the world China has become such that its only a matter of time before they abuse their neighbors and strip them of resources (already happening economically in many. countries.) Many islander countries around the south china sea have seen fish dwindle to a smidgeon of what it once was due to commercial fishing vessels rape the region.

Having found their cyber fingerprints all over almost every industry, commercial and government networks I fail to see how that isn't considered an act of war in itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Trump is just gonna be glad when all this focus on China is over with. Then he can go back to exploiting Chinese workers and paying them pennies to make all his Trump brand junk (all while buddying up to Chinese power players - ya know, the big scary communist ones). Can we just end all this China drama and get back to making suits and ties great again?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join