It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The U.S.A government is currently working on a nanotechnology project which will alter warfare in a way that is extremely dangerous to all humanity. They are working on special nanotech augmented armor which is armor that is covered with billions of tiny littly micro chips which will give the user of the armor the ability to reflect the images around them therefore virtually creating an invisible man. "The Massachusetts Institute of Technology plans to create military uniforms that can block out biological weapons and even heal their wearers as part of a five-year contract to develop nanotechnology applications for soldiers, the U.S. Army announced Wednesday."
news.com.com...

With these capabilities, how will we be able to know who is watching us and where they are?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's why I thrash my arms around wherever I go, and empty a clip of my gloc into my bedroom every night when I get home. As of yet, I've only killed 2 invisible soldiers. After I nailed the second one, I think they either started using bugs or decided to leave me alone.

Crap, nevermind, there's one of them that was hovering right outside my window. Make that 3 invisible soldiers wasted, and now it appears they can fly! Krump!

'Course, I could also just get some infrared specs...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
New protection leads to new weapons.....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
After I nailed the second one, I think they either started using bugs or decided to leave me alone.

Der, they just became intangible. Best to dig a hole in the backyard, hope in, and fill it with cement.

Crap, nevermind, there's one of them that was hovering right outside my window. Make that 3 invisible soldiers wasted, and now it appears they can fly! Krump!
Hurry while they still don't know how to dig!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yep, Nano-technology has been around for quite a long time, finally they are able to apply it to modern technology.

Remember, we are all genetically marked with nano-technology by Inocuaction for diseases like measles etc.

If nano-tech is used accordingly, it will be the most significant invention of the millenium

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
you could still find someone wearing the suit by using laser range finders.

emitting lots of laser beams and monitoring how they bounce back.

you know that if your aiming your laser at something 100 feet away, and your laser rangefinder shows it as being 50 feet, you know there is an invisible dood 50 feet away

im sure there are other countermeasures too like audio sensors, and tripwires.

Im personally not too too worried. all the more reason to beef up home security goodies.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

you could still find someone wearing the suit by using laser range finders.

Or a can of Krylon spraypaint

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

With these capabilities, how will we be able to know who is watching us and where they are?

How do you know who is watching you, and from where, right now?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
it realy dose over hear in the UK we have a tank that is invisable to rader and the naked eye

u r beein watched frome death

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well you cant hit what you cant see, but what you cant see can blow the hell out of you
I think that "invisible’ soldiers would be good in spy or small special forces missions. And they have to make some kind of transparent M-16's or else it would look suspicious if an M-16 is floating around in the air

[edit on 24-3-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Now I know I am really getting old and beginning to feel every one of my 53 years.

It must have been all those days crawling through gorse and hawthorne bushes in N.I to put in covert O.Ps or the jumping out of perfectly good and serviceable aircraft in the middle of the night at low altitude.

Or was it the back breaking forced marches with bergens weighing more than a small child. Perhaps it could have been the pouches weighed down with all that 7.62 link!

I suppose it could have been the odd 18 hours stood in a freezing trench 'standing too' in the middle of frigging winter, awaiting the onslaught of marauding Russians.

But to think all that was for nought if the frigging enemy had nanotechnologically made invisible armour.

I mean. Just think of it. They could sneak right up to you and open fire. Hang on! Then you'd see them, wouldn't you?

No. Sorry. My mistake. They obviously use invisible ammo!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Does this sound like a Michael Crichton book to anyone else?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
By the time they are firing on you its to late, for you to do anything that would be affective.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcher
Does this sound like a Michael Crichton book to anyone else?

Well I "Prey" this stuff is not for real. At least not in the near future. But I could be wrong.

I would think a good EMP blast would render a rather expensive nano suit useless.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you are fighting a third world country, they have no EMP. If you are fighting a modern and technologically advanced country then they will be just as much affected by the EMP as you would.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Somebody wants his royalties....

join