It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ain't that something Illinois puts Wisconsin on travel advisory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran
Oh good lord, you haven't a CLUE when it come to Wisconsin. You dare base an entire state off 1 or 2 TOURIST trap places in Green Bay?

Not one decent meal in that entire state. None. It just wasn't Green Bay, it was Appleton, Madison and Milwaukee as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to come to Chicago.

Some of us foreigners don't know any better

When I came over about 10 years ago Chicago was my 1st stop after flying into NY.

I wanted to go there as it has a lot of history and I've followed the Bears since they started showing American Football over here in the 80's. Did help we still had Payton, The Fridge, McMahon and Gault back then, not been so much fun since then , although as all sport is on pay for view nowadays I barely see any and have no idea how they are doing now.

Did go for a wander down to Soldier field and all around and i didn't feel threatened or worried anywhere. (Found out the next day I pretty much walked the tourist coach tour route)

Oh and the other reason was the Blues Brothers which I imagine brings a lot more people in. I wanted to go on those roads under the train tracks (lower whacker drive ?) ended up in some vast underground carpark and road system which was potentially 'more interesting'

The only place I felt at all uneasy at any point was in L.A. which was also my least favourite place - NYC - Chicago - Atlanta (Nr Cartersville)- Dallas - San Antonio (isn't the Alamo a big let down although the riverwalk is ok) - San Antonio - LA - San Fran was the trip.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then you need to go to places OTHER than fast food chains my friend. Don't even try telling me differently. I have lived in 14 different states, due to career moves, and WisCo ranks fairly near the top for food. You are judging an entire state for YOUR poor research and choosing skills. I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then you need to go to places OTHER than fast food chains my friend. Don't even try telling me differently. I have lived in 14 different states, due to career moves, and WisCo ranks fairly near the top for food. You are judging an entire state for YOUR poor research and choosing skills. I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Dorian Soran

I have to agree, I've lived all over and there are some real gems in Wisconsin.

www.wpr.org...
Wisconsin restaurants have racked up nine nomination for this year's James Beard Awards, which is the highest honor in the industry.

Of the nominations, seven chefs are up for Best Chef: Midwest. The semifinalists are from Madison, Milwaukee, Viroqua and Bay City.

The Wisconsin nominees for Best Chef: Midwest are:

Karen Bell, Bavette La Boucherie, Milwaukee
Justin Carlisle, Ardent, Milwaukee
Lisa Carlson, Chef Shack, Bay City
Dan Fox, Heritage Tavern, Madison
Thomas Hauck, c.1880, Milwaukee
Jonny Hunter, Forequarter, Madison
Luke Zahm, Driftless Café, Viroqua

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Then you need to go to places OTHER than fast food chains my friend.

I don't go to fast food chains ever. These places were supposed to be the local joints that everyone I was taking out for lunch enjoyed. The fact that they were all fatty boombahs should have warned me.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
I watched an episode of Family Guy where Chris and some old lady on a motorized cart went to the Wisconsin State Fair to try all of their fried foods. Everything they ate was fried. I can't find the episode but it reminds me of Wisconsin.

If the stuff was previously frozen, cut into unnatural shapes, fried and then slathered with processed cheese that would be it to a T.

Not everyone has good chow, you're lucky you live in one of the best states for food, I haven't had a bum meal in Louisiana.

Although I was in a Creole spot in midtown StLouis and
accidentally ordered the SPICY jambalaya.
I should have ordered another longneck extinguisher right
after seeing one of the less mature shrimp come to the
table still wearing the Red Adair mirror suit and a Scuba. aHUah

I've lived right near Chicago almost my whole life: and even
retired down in W. Central IL near Alton... and Illinois putting
ANYWHERE else on a travel advisory is the pot meet pipe deal.
meh... after Dick Daly hypocrisy around here was morphed into
and art form. Garbage can through picture window = peaceful.

PS Augie, the best sauerbraten I ever had was at the Drake Htl
down on the Mile. It was half a lifetime ago and Chef Hans was
GOD. or at least an E6 guarding the gate.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

I stay at The Drake regularly, the food is decent. I really like Nico's around the corner on Rush. One of the top Italian restaurants I've been to in the United States.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's likely Unconstitutional. I don't see how the Constitution's Privileges and Immunities Clause isn't violated by this... but, then again, we've demonstrated the Constitution doesn't matter when there is a virus afoot.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: derfreebie

I stay at The Drake regularly, the food is decent. I really like Nico's around the corner on Rush. One of the top Italian restaurants I've been to in the United States.

The pizza at Giordano's although legendary is quite a stretch from
the loop for store #1... if you can get in there. For the pastas you're
very likely on target... I can't remember better except Greg's mom's.

Separate story. Back strictly to the thread, it seems Mayor Tenderfoot
could be sending a backhanded message to everyone without a smart-
phone to not go where the origin of the travel advisory came from.
I'll chalk it up to classic projectoid illcoverass disorder, advanced.

But besides being an almost lifelong Chicagroin and prone to ending
all to many sentences with a preposition--- I'm glad for a couple of
reasons to be a couple hundred miles further away from the Water
Tower. Food at a Green Bay sports bar? YOU ARE brave.
PS That cheese isn't only not native, that ain't even cheese.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good, this will cut down on the FIBs. 👍

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Crazy FIB’s. I wouldn’t go to Illinois if you paid me, and I wish they wouldn’t come to Wisconsin. They are useless.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Why would anyone even want to go to Chicago?

Blackhawks versus Red Wings. THAT'S why.

Some day, it's going to be a very quiet ride for us coming back up to the GR area, lmfao. The hubs and I already glare daggers at each other when those two play & we watch from home (me = Wings, him = 'Hawks, it's a wonder we have sex at all)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's likely Unconstitutional. I don't see how the Constitution's Privileges and Immunities Clause isn't violated by this... but, then again, we've demonstrated the Constitution doesn't matter when there is a virus afoot.

All the vacation spots are going crazy right now.

What this means, is that Chicago people can't vacation in Wisconsin or they will have to quarantine.
So many probably won't.
A lot of these towns rely on that money. Lake Geneva, WI for example.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We have the same problem in Indiana. There is a beautiful state park called Indiana Dunes on lake Michigan. But this year we haven't gone a single time. It's 200% over crowded and from the Illinois crowd driving over. All their stuff is closed. They come and trash this state park. There is garbage everywhere. Hoosiers are pissed. They been trying to get it blocked to out of state visitors with no luck so far. I wish Indiana would close our border to Illinois.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join