It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reagan Foundation has told the Trump campaign and RNC to stop using ex-president's image

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: RazorV66

The reasoning behind his suggestion is because they shouldn’t be allowed to use the American flag is because the Dems are anti-American.
Maybe Antifa will let you guys use their flag.

what?

what is because what is because and what guys ?

What?

What?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Black_Fox
OK,ummm, can we also ask the democrats to stop using the American flag's image as well.

Just an idea.

How about a compromise, liberals use the star spangled banner and conservatives use the confederate flag.

The problem with that is the Democrats is the party of the KKK, and Jim Crow. Trump is trying to raise people up while AOC and her ilk are hell bent on pushing them back down.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What?

What?

Hmmm. Still not getting your point.

So, here you go:

The reason this is happening is that even conservatives realize that this is a disaster; they don't want to be associated with the Trump. Most people want it to be over-with.

hash tag OMG please make it stop 2020

edit on 26-7-2020 by VeeTNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

The RNC has been never Trumpers from the start they are part of the swamp, I find it rich that a liberal thinks they can speak for conservatives.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like a Soros/Tides operation !!🎃

Deep pockets in the sockets 🎃

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
edit on 26-7-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
when the republican party turns on the republican prez the republicans have a problem.......one thing trump PROVED absolutely anyone and I mean ANYONE can be elected president, that should worry you trump extrremists

originally posted by: VeeTNA

What?

What?

Hmmm. Still not getting your point.

So, here you go:

The reason this is happening is that even conservatives realize that this is a disaster; they don't want to be associated with the Trump. Most people want it to be over-with.

hash tag OMG please make it stop 2020

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned but there is something inherently good knowing Trump is pissing off the right and the left. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I means he is doing something right

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Black_Fox
OK,ummm, can we also ask the democrats to stop using the American flag's image as well.

Just an idea.

How about a compromise, liberals use the star spangled banner and conservatives use the confederate flag.

The problem with that is the Democrats is the party of the KKK, and Jim Crow. Trump is trying to raise people up while AOC and her ilk are hell bent on pushing them back down.

So let me get this straight.

Are you arguing that a political party once established can only be static and not change with the times ?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

In any case, this is something new, and we have no real comment behind the foundation's core reason, although I could speculate why.

Oh I can guess why and after two pages in, I'm surprised nobody answered this.

You see, there is more at play here beyond the foundation asking Trump to stop using his likeness.

So lets break it down, hmm?

The Washington Post’s CEO and publisher, Fred Ryan, serves as chairman of the board of trustees for the foundation, which maintains and sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, prompting Levin to issue a series of tweets on the matter on Sunday.
Fred Ryan, Washington Post CEO and is chairman of the board of trustees for the foundation 🤫

Levin said that he worked for Reagan’s administration for eight years and “did not realize that Fred Ryan, who is now the publisher and CEO of the Washington Post is also the chairman of the Reagan Library & Foundation board.”

Ahhh, so Mark Levin, whom has worked with the ACTUAL REAGANS administration for EIGHT years, did not realize that FRED RYAN was BOTH the CEO of the Washington Post AND Chairman of the Reagan Library board 🤫

Now, given the Washington Post's leftist agenda, and the conservative legacy of the great Ronald Reagan, this appears to me to be a huge conflict,” he said.
The Washington Post is a hardcore leftist RAG.

Ultimately, this was simply a hit piece that the OP fell for and had they waited a but longer, would have simply seen this for what it is.

“And it also explains why the Washington Post ran a story about the Reagan Library objecting to President Trump's use of the Reagan name for fundraising — that means Fred Ryan objected,” ostensibly referring to an opinion piece published by the Washington Post on Saturday, titled, “Reagan Foundation to Trump, RNC: Quit raising money off Ronald Reagan’s legacy.”

All in all this was literally your typical democrat/leftist tactic of trying to push a perception that doesn't exist.

“...And then I read, toward the end of the Post article, that Ryan would not comment for the article his paper wrote about the library he runs. (Oops 😋) Well, I have spent many, many years promoting the Reagan Library and Foundation, I have had many very successful book signings there.”

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 27-7-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Fact remains that Trumps tactic of saying anything that comes to mind and giving everyone who disagrees the finger, has put him into an ever decreasing corner of the political spectrum.
Guys, a good politician has a strong base of (moral) support and conviction, has a way with words and is willing to compromise and cooperare in order to achive goals and get things done. Trump has none of that, and has shown this countless of times in public.
More and more prominent republicans will distance themselves from Trump leading up to election, he has become political poison

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join