It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perseverance Rover Launch July 30 - Taking a Meteorite Back Home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

That is not proof of "found life"

What constitutes "proof" ?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'll ask again since you failed in that attempt. That is not proof of "found life" .... Please don't insult my intelligence with that bs .

If you believe what NASA said here it's not me insulting your intelligence.

"NASA concluded that the LR had found a substance mimicking life, but not life,"

Exactly what would that be? You got proof of anything that mimics life. A virus is about the only thing I can think of.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Commercial space tourism will be a multi billion dollar business. Any investor will take in. Even if hubble never existed.

We need to focus the money on space travel not nonsense like mars rovers , or another hubble. We done taking pictures. We done playing sand box

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"NASA concluded that the LR had found a substance mimicking life, but not life,"

Suddenly you believe what NASA says.

Mimicking life , how do you differentiate life from something Mimicking life ?

Mimicking life is just an unexplained answer for an uncomfortable truth , why has no lander or rover since Viking had an experiment to answer the question posed by Viking ? , seems to me the answer is obvious.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I'll ask again since you failed in that attempt. That is not proof of "found life" .... Please don't insult my intelligence with that bs .

Exactly what would that be? You got proof of anything that mimics life. A virus is about the only thing I can think of.

Your statement was found life. The nasa link does not confirm that. You are lying or just ignorant. That is not proof of life. we did not "found life"

i don't believe it found anything to do with mimicking life . Its a process not understood being attributed to mimcing life . When really its a false positive. Its nonsense.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I never believe what nasa says nor clowns online. mimicking life is not "FOUND LIFE" ... Do you speak understand the difference ?

NO the answer isn't obvious. ITs a pathetic attempt for more funding to look for life on mars where there is zero evidence of anylife..

NONE.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

A NASA spokesman told Xinhua on Wednesday in an email that "the collective general opinion of the large majority of the scientific community does not believe the results of the Viking experiments alone rise to the level of extraordinary evidence," as NASA maintains that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

NASA Refutes

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I never believe what nasa says nor clowns online.

Yet you do this time , you believe "mimicking life" actually means something.

ITs a pathetic attempt for more funding to look for life on mars where there is zero evidence of anylife

I agree to a point but as a reason to discount the findings of Viking , finding signs of life on your first attempt could cause those holding the purse string to conclude job done , move on.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That is not proof of "found life"

What constitutes "proof" ?

Verification , Evidence , Consensus .

A NASA spokesman told Xinhua on Wednesday in an email that "the collective general opinion of the large majority of the scientific community does not believe the results of the Viking experiments alone rise to the level of extraordinary evidence," as NASA maintains that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

"The science team believed the LR data had been skewed by a non-biological property of Martian soil, resulting in a false positive," according to NASA.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yes i'll discount their bs and false positive. This is not proof of the claim "found life" This is a blatant lie. Have some respect for yourself and save the nonsense.

There is no life on mars. Billions wasted trying to find something to justify it. So far the whole mars missions were a waste of money..

Now we are wasting even more money when there are more priority missions for space...

I don't have time for nonsense or to play sandbox on mars with my tax dollars

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Your statement was found life. The nasa link does not confirm that. You are lying or just ignorant. That is not proof of life. we did not "found life"

i don't believe it found anything to do with mimicking life . Its a process not understood being attributed to mimcing life . When really its a false positive. Its nonsense.

This is the year 2020 and we are on a conspiracy board.

With all the evidence (not proof) I have seen and read. My logic tells me NASA found life.

If I believe (about 95%) that NASA found life in the 70's. I am going to make the statement that NASA found life.

I live in the US, so freedom of speech and all that.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

lol what ? how we get into freedom of speech ? ...

i'm done take care

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: HalWesten

Like? How has space exploration improved our society?

I found a link that lays it out pretty simply. This is really just scratching the surface.

20 things we wouldn't have without space travel

Some, yes. Some of those would have been developed anyway, others are just improvements over existing products. They forgot one of the most important ones though, Velcro.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Space exploration will save our society , not yet but in the future we will need to leave this planet and work done now is the platform for that eventual need.

We can't stand still if we are to survive , it's nature.

Bull. We're not going anywhere. A major catastrophe will reset the human population and it'll start all over. We won't be inhabiting any other planets. I love science and space but that isn't going to happen. You've been watching too many SyFy movies.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: HalWesten

s it cool? Yes. Is it necessary? No. When we have homeless vets and people struggling to pay bills it's a waste of our]/url] money.

There are so many stupid things that the US spends much more money on than Mars.

It would be a much different world if the US had not spent the money it did on space exploration.

Like? How has space exploration improved our society?

Are you kidding?

Look what Hubble has done for the education of our children.
Look at all of the technical advanced made because we understand the nature of elements born in stars.
Look at the public space programs, namely SpaceX that will employ thousands of our children.

The list goes on infinitely and your statement required a little thought before writing it.

No it didn't, you're not getting the point. As I have previously said, I enjoy the space travel etc. but none of those discoveries of worlds we'll never see clearly has done a thing to better our society. All it has done is given us a "wow factor" in seeing the images. Aside from improving existing products, which I still submit would have happened anyway, there are very few things that have been a true benefit to us. Understanding radiation, absolutely. But going to Mars? For what? To see things? That does NOT improve our society a bit.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

lol what ? how we get into freedom of speech ?

I will stop with the jokes, sorry.

When really its a false positive. Its nonsense.

We are talking about hardcore scientists here..

They get a result of life on Mars and dismiss it with some BS and never run the test again.

Why would anyone believe they would not run an improved test again. At the very first chance they got! That is exactly what is required for them to do as scientists!

i'm done take care

Good plan, I don't think either of us could change the others mind.

Be safe

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

All it has done is given us a "wow factor" in seeing the images. Aside from improving existing products, which I still submit would have happened anyway, there are very few things that have been a true benefit to us. Understanding radiation, absolutely. But going to Mars?

Things like going to Mars is what brings the bright minds into needed fields. Science and math are needed to solve the problems of the world.

edit on 26-7-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I love science and space but that isn't going to happen.

200 years ago there were probably those who said the same thing at the thought of putting people into space and having them live there.

edit on 26-7-2020 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I love science and space but that isn't going to happen.

200 years ago there were probably those who said the same thing at the thought of putting people into space and having the live there.

Yep! I agree with you and I would love to be proven wrong. But we're not talking about orbiting our planet, we're talking about going places that are millions of lightyears away.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

All it has done is given us a "wow factor" in seeing the images. Aside from improving existing products, which I still submit would have happened anyway, there are very few things that have been a true benefit to us. Understanding radiation, absolutely. But going to Mars?

Things like going to Mars is what brings the bright minds into needed fields. Science and math are needed to solve the problems of the world.

Yet they're working on things that dig dirt on Mars. Whoopie. Why aren't they solving our energy problems? A cure for cancer? Nope, they are wasting time driving that big RC car on a rock. Do you honestly believe that's the best use of their talents?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join